Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,028,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Why don't you give me the highlights since I have not watched the program. Was their any evidence at all that the President new about any type of request for additional security...was there any evidence at all that he denied that security?

I will wait patiently.
The right wing media bosses are attempting to deflect from the real issues of Romney having zilch foreign policy and security experience, that the GOP (Ryan included) voted to underfund the security funds that Obama requested, that Obama has kept us safer on American soil than Bush did and that Obama successfully eliminated bin Laden. As tragic as this embassy incident was and it certainly was, the are shamelessly using it as fodder. The same patriots that hailed firefighters as heroes on 911 and now demonize them by blaming them as part of the reason why the economy went blooey and put forth a candidate that does not even pay homage to the soldiers at the RNC. What sack of "malarkey" they dump. Garbage in...garbage out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,905,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Close your mind to the truth, it's OK, we have a new president so nothing the libs say matter anymore...
So no proof at all. O.K. that is all you had to say.

So let me guess you had an hour long show with no proof that Obama ever knew about a request for any security and no proof that he ever denied that request. See how easily it is to boil down these shows. You wasted an hour of your life. I would ask Fox for your money back.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:44 PM

10,876 posts, read 13,762,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Are you watching Bret Baer on FOX now?
No, fox is nothing but right wing propaganda .

Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The right wing media bosses are attempting to deflect from the real issues of Romney having zilch foreign policy and security experience, that the GOP (Ryan included) voted to underfund the security funds that Obama requested and that Obama has kept us safer on American soil than Bush did and that Obama successfully eiminated bib Laden. As tragic as this embassy incident was and it certainly was, the are shamelessly using it as fodder. The same patriots that hailed firefighters as heroes on 911 and now demonize them by blaming them s part of the reason why the economy went blooey and hput forth a candidate that does not even pay homage to the soldiers at the RNC. What sack of "malarkey" they dump. Garbage in...garbage out.
This is swift boating plane and simple. These people just lap it up. They are giving them a reason to hate Obama. It does not have to make sense and certainly does not have to factually correct. They just need something to hang their hate on.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,145,112 times
A pretty damning report. But then hindsight is always 20/20. Could haves and should haves will abound.
Do I think the Obama admin dropped the ball? Of course they did. Just as some can say GWB did on his own 911.
I don't damn Obama and company for what happened. When dealing with radicals it is nearly impossible to predict their actions. That said some pretty good guesses that error on the side of saftey could have been made.
What I damn the Obama admin for is the follow up to the attack.
The repeated attempts to blame a bad video.
The vaque reference in the rose garden to not tolerating any acts of terror. Yes he said terror. In context he was also discussing the original 911 as well as other known attacks.
What I honestly fault the Obama admin for is the weak follow up and the distortions.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,555,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Obama should be arrested and tried in a court of law for High Treason!

It is against TOS for me to tell you what i would like to tell you !

But the punishment for a Capitol Offence is death by hanging...... I hope this happens to Obama, all nice and legal. That will be "Unprecedented" (only big word that fool knows)
Go ahead...make my day.

And how republican of you to hope the President of the United States gets hanged to death.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,381,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You need to do yourself a favor and watch the special on it. I am sure it will be repeated during this weekend. "THE FAMILIES ARE FINE WITH IT"????? They had the head of the special forces that was stationed there to protect him and pulled out about in tears. The ambassador was his friend and he is heart sick about not being allowed to be there to protect him. The whole thing is sickening.
Sorry. IMO your source is very biased. I've been keeping track of this issue for many weeks now and have read lots of background. You need to do yourself a favor and read some objective material about this attack and what happened and not rely on Fox as your ONLY SOURCE. They are playing with your emotions to try to gain support for Romney by using this incident to attack Obama.

The families are not attacking Obama over this incident. Only one woman is anger over not being given information, the mother of one of the deceased, however, her son was married and had a family of his own, and the son's wife/widow is the contact person for info from the State Department. The woman should talk to her daughter-in-law.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,145,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No, fox is nothing but right wing propaganda .
No of the report was accurate? They laid the facts down had chronological order. What part of the report was false or misleading?
Did you even watch it or are you simply making an assumption because you don't like fox?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:49 PM

23,653 posts, read 17,417,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Why don't you give me the highlights since I have not watched the program. Was their any evidence at all that the President knew about any type of request for additional security...was there any evidence at all that he denied that security?

I will wait patiently.
I am sure it will be repearted over the weekend. FOX does that with important programs. You won't need to wait long---if you watch it of course.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A pretty damning report. But then hindsight is always 20/20. Could haves and should haves will abound.
Do I think the Obama admin dropped the ball? Of course they did. Just as some can say GWB did on his own 911.
I don't damn Obama and company for what happened. When dealing with radicals it is nearly impossible to predict their actions. That said some pretty good guesses that error on the side of saftey could have been made.
What I damn the Obama admin for is the follow up to the attack.
The repeated attempts to blame a bad video.
The vaque reference in the rose garden to not tolerating any acts of terror. Yes he said terror. In context he was also discussing the original 911 as well as other known attacks.
What I honestly fault the Obama admin for is the weak follow up and the distortions.
Reasonable post. Having said all of that and if everything you said was true, which I disagree with, but assuming that it is all true, should it actually get this much attention. This is all they are talking about on Fox. Surely you can see this for what it is...nothing more than swift boating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies