Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 10:07 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times

Advertisements

Intercepts Show Attackers on U.S. Consulate in Benghazi Bragged to Al Qaeda - The Daily Beast
Quote:
In the hours following the 9/11 anniversary attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, U.S. intelligence agencies monitored communications from jihadists affiliated with the group that led the attack and members of Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM), the group’s North African affiliate.

The report also describes Ansar al-Sharia as being led by a former detainee from the Guantánamo Bay prison, Sufian Ben Qhumu. It says the group has “increasingly embodied al-Qaeda’s presence in Libya, as indicated by its active social-media propaganda, extremist discourse, and hatred of the West, especially the United States.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wouldnt call it swift boating as I happen to agree that Kerry made claims then changed his story when support for those who serve returned.
Now had the Obama admin came out in the beginning and got in front of the situation instead of the whole blame it on a video angle then this would be a none issue.
Remember Obama is the one who involved us in Libya. He as made claims that Alchieda(Spelling?) is on the run. Blah blah blah.
Libya is less than friendly towards the USA and should have rated better security.
That said I dont for a minute believe the conspiracy theories that Obama was worried about offending muslims blah blah blah.
They made a mistake. They underestimated the threat. It is that simple.
The CIA report that came out 2 days after the incident says that it was from protests. Here is the thrust of it though that people seem to be missing. If the attack was caused by protestors of the film or they were caused because the group that just does not like the U.S., would not both attacks be called terrorist attacks? What is the friggin difference. For whatever the reason the people killed four Americans, were they not terrorists, and would this not be called terrorists attacks?

I hope nobody's head explodes, but for whatever the reason that these people were killed it was a terrorist attack. It was not an accident.

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hardliners will always be extreme and narrow minded.
Obama is evil he is the great satan.
He is a man. A man who I think is a good man. I would love to sit down and have a beer with him have him over for supper. I think he loves his family and honestly believes in his policies.
I disagree with his policies but I can still recognize that he isnt a bad man.
No one is saying he is a bad man, just a terribly stupid, incompetent one. Not up to doing his job.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What are talking about? The Ambassador KNEW he was going to not get the security requested and dragged through the streets? Possibly raped while half alive and also while dead?

So you're putting this on HIM?

He didn't "travel there" like he was on vacation.

Stevens had been telling the State Dept that it was getting "bad" back in AUGUST. Yet two security teams were sent home anyway...Hillary gave the ok. She don't talk to Obama? She downgraded security in a volatile area? What an idiot!

This is ALL on Hillary and Obama. The BS "you expect the President to know EVERYTHING" whine has been played out and put to bed. **** rolls up-hill when you run a public school let alone a country. There is NO excuse for the POTUS and his "team" to not be actively informed and overly cautious when the anniversary of 9/11 rolls around every year that it has since 2001....and ESPECIALLY when your Ambassador has given you fair warning.

What debate were you watching? The one on SNL?
You're confused and obviously did not understand my posts. You're rambling on about all kinds of things....from your opinions to "your" so-called "facts."

Clearly the Ambassador did NOT BELIEVE that the situation in Benghazi would result in his death; if he have believed that, he would have contacted DC, rescheduled his trip, and would have explained WHY because he was NOT a stupid man. NO ONE intentionally walks into a situation which they believe will result in their death. Stevens was doing great work in Libya and I'm sure he had no desire to stop that work at that point. And it seems certain to me that IF he had had such concerns about the trip to Benghazi he was definitely SMART enough to have refused to make the trip without more security and at a later time. If he felt that way, and he was in Libya, the most experienced person in that country, and he was mistaken, how in the world do you expect the President to know otherwise???

Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
You mean like this mother of one of the dead diplomats???

I'm not so convinced she's so okay with it.
I've already responded in re that mother. Her deceased son was married and had a family. The mother is upset that she is not the contact person for the State Department in re information. The deceased's wife/widow is that contact person. The mother should talk to her daughter-in-law for information, and if she's not doing so, I wonder WHY.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:19 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
It is so obvious how the right and the Romney campaign is taking advantage of the tragic deaths of four Americans for the sole purpose of politically exploiting it.

Their anger should be directed at those who attacked us and their efforts should be directed at bringing those to justice.

The right-wingers and the Romneymaniacs instead are using it for their own gain. Shameful!

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The dead men's families, for the most part, are fine with the handling of this issue by the Obama administration.

Btw, where are you getting this info that the terrorists who attacked the consular office in Benghazi were Al Qaeda? Also, I haven't noticed specifically "Al Qaeda" storming back.

Analysis: Five weeks on, confusion and contradictions on Benghazi suspects – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

"The latest in the conflicting reports coming out of the country: the naming of Ahmed Abu Khattala as a suspect in the assault that left four Americans dead.
Abu Khattala was identified in published reports this week as the leader of Ansar al-Sharia, an Islamist group widely suspected to be involved in the consulate attack."

Analysis: Five weeks on, confusion and contradictions on Benghazi suspects – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs
Pitiful you are brainwashed by being and believing liberal tv. You choose what you believe and you believe lies. That is obvious.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
But Obama killed Bin Laden and won the war on terror (so he thought) so he was celebrating that on 9/11, not worrying about another attack. How can he win the war on terror if Obama won't even say war on terror. He thinks the war on women, etc, etc, etc is more important.
How on earth do YOU know what Obama "thought"? Are you a psychic? This "crap" is pure speculation, a desperate attempt to come up with some sort of "motive" to blame Obama for how he handled what happened in Benghazi.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:24 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It is so obvious how the right and the Romney campaign is taking advantage of the tragic deaths of four Americans for the sole purpose of politically exploiting it.

Their anger should be directed at those who attacked us and their efforts should be directed at bringing those to justice.

The right-wingers and the Romneymaniacs instead are using it for their own gain. Shameful!
People have their house broken in and family is killed. Police get there to late to save them. Do you blame the police or the murderers who did it. ..just saying. republicans don't seem that cared about them.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Pitiful you are brainwashed by being and believing liberal tv. You choose what you believe and you believe lies. That is obvious.

You should stop sympathizing with the terrorists by blaming Obama instead of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies