Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
e

He said more likely than not the intruder would have never touched the kid. He would have got scared when he saw her in the closet with the gun aND run away,
I dont make decisions based upon more than likely scenarios, nor do I teach my kids to do that..

But lets play his game..

More than likely, people wouldnt come up to your house and kick in your door, unless they were looking to do harm..

Your own friends argument falls flat on its face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:01 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaonline View Post
Curious, how some people manage to find this situation normal.

Next time this girl may shoot a neighbour, whose yorkshire "assaulted" her...
I respect your sentiment, but this is not about what she "might" do in the future, it's about what she did do in her present.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:03 AM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:

12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

My liberal friend said that the girl used excessive force. Maybe she should have tried to hold his hand and sing Kumbaya.

Do you have a lot of stupid friends?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
It's hard to blame a little girl. But the system, in which such things happen, is totally wrong.
A system which allows people to defend themself is NEVER wrong, and thats true regardless of where you live.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:07 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
While it is great this girl defended herself, it seems that for every defense with a gun there are like 100 murders with a gun. How do we defend something like this? Authorities investigate spate of roadway shootings in Michigan - CNN.com

However, I think it is too late for Gun control in American, there are just too many out there ...88 guns for every 100 people that's insane. Interactive: US, Yemen lead the world in guns - Interactive - Al Jazeera English

Old 10-21-2012, 08:08 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
You know she could have politely asked him his intentions first.
Maybe he was just looking for his lost kitten

Old 10-21-2012, 08:11 AM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:

Fight the source of the problem.

Sounds like a GREAT idea. Why don't you come to Detroit and show us how ? Do you have any ideas ?

She didn't defend herself. She just shot a thief.

And you know this how ? Put your 12 year old child in that closet..are you willing to bet her life on this ? That he is just a thief ? With no intentions of raping or molesting her ?
Would you rather her have a stuffed animal or a gun to protect herself in this situation ?

I carry a handgun with me 90% of the time, I have one on the nightstand when I go to sleep at night. Do I like this ? No , I wish I didn't have to but these are tools I use to protect my family. Sure if I am ambushed in an alley from behind , chances are the gun won't do jack BUT I most likely wouldn't put myself in the alley in the first place. I'd rather carry a gun and at least have a better chance than just using kind words though.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:15 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:

12-Year-Old Girl Shoots Intruder During Home Invasion - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

My liberal friend said that the girl used excessive force. Maybe she should have tried to hold his hand and sing Kumbaya.
Your "liberal friend" is an idiot.

Hmmmm, a 12 year old left at home alone, that says alot. In most states, it is unlawful to leave children under a certain age unattended. Parent/s should be cited for child neglect. No parent in their right mind would leave a 12 y.o. home alone. Where was mom? at the tavern? boyfriends?

I am amazed at the amount of idiotic responses on this thread, nobody has said anything logical yet, or anything that makes sense, I didn't realize there were so many gun happy, blood thirsty people here.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
While it is great this girl defended herself, it seems that for every defense with a gun there are like 100 murders with a gun. How do we defend something like this? Authorities investigate spate of roadway shootings in Michigan - CNN.com

However, I think it is too late for Gun control in American, there are just too many out there ...88 guns for every 100 people that's insane. Interactive: US, Yemen lead the world in guns - Interactive - Al Jazeera English
Areas with stricter gun laws, have more crime.. The reason of course is because criminals know the victims will be unarmed..

Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Your "liberal friend" is an idiot.

Hmmmm, a 12 year old left at home alone, that says alot. In most states, it is unlawful to leave children under a certain age unattended. Parent/s should be cited for child neglect. No parent in their right mind would leave a 12 y.o. home alone. Where was mom? at the tavern? boyfriends?

I am amazed at the amount of idiotic responses on this thread, nobody has said anything logical yet, or anything that makes sense, I didn't realize there were so many gun happy, blood thirsty people here.
I dont think I've ever met a 12 year old that hasnt been left home alone by then.

My neighbors boy has been left home alone during the summer since he was 11, the day care serve stops taking them at that age. He knew he could come here anytime he needed anything. Two other kids up the road I know have been left home alone for a few hours, they are age 8 and 10. Once again, they had my phone number of speed dial because its closer for me to get there, than the parents (or the cops for that matter)

I suppose you think the parents shouldnt be allowed to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies