Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
This thread was created to make a point about economics. And life in general.

Economics are important because they are a huge factor in our freedom and in every aspect of our lives.

I don't think most liberals get it.

So, you compare a simple machine with a field made complex by the interaction of many different factors.

Why not compare economics with water which is also a huge factor in every aspect of our lives?

Can't find anything that might actually have a point to whine about liberals?

I don't think you get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Democrat wheels are all square and dispersed equally to everyone.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Before the wheel, and other technologies, slaves did menial work. Rather than driving does the OP propose the rich literally being carried on the backs of slaves, as in primitive times?

Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
This is a wheel interesting thread. Get it? Like it rhymes with real?

Meh who cares.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:42 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Exclamation Corporate Wheel Slaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Before the wheel, and other technologies, slaves did menial work. Rather than driving does the OP propose the rich literally being carried on the backs of slaves, as in primitive times?
Well, let's compare the "wheel" with circuit board manufaturing.

Years ago, slaves to corporations used to hand solder circuit board connections, then came automation,

all the corporate slave had to do was pick up and insert the circuit board into the soldering machine,

then, with state of the art innovation, circuit boards were machine fed into the circuit board solderer,

elimination many corporate slaves, except one or two for QC and packaging supervision slaves, and, only

a few wheels are now required, to run that stupid conveyor belt to get the circuit boards to the automated packing machines.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
It's much deeper than computers, people. All simple tools are doing things that could be done by other human beings.

It's not just wheels on a car. There are cogwheels inside of machines and gears. They are everywhere.

Every item you own was produced on some kind of machine that was full of them!

It's the biggest conspiracy in the history of the world. And its dragging down our entire economy.

(This thread was created to make a point about economics.)
That's crazy. Never look at the physical reality. What matters are big numbers. I suppose you are the type of person who discounts our national debt to 16 trillion. How convenient of you. It understates it by a factor of 100 when you realize its 1600 trillion pennies. That's a huge number. I cannot even count that high, but all I know is that its big. That's why I hate eukaryotic life forms. Its just too many cells and isn't sustainable. I suppose you would try and tell us there are only 1.6 Trillion 10 dollar bills. Do you have any idea what would happen if the penny adopted the standard of the Spanish coin pieces of 8? 8 X 1600 Trillion pieces of 1/8 penny. Its not sustainable.

Stop ignoring the non reality if you want to have any understanding of economics.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:15 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, you compare a simple machine with a field made complex by the interaction of many different factors.

Why not compare economics with water which is also a huge factor in every aspect of our lives?

Can't find anything that might actually have a point to whine about liberals?

I don't think you get it.

Yeah sure its building a better mouse trap but you still have to look at the final output of the policy. Indirect actions can shift the bargaining power of the different parties like leaving more surplus in the hands of labor. However what Keynes called better than nothing now seems to stand in for economic policy as if food stamps is a stimulus he would recommend.

India has this kind of economy. They have created a cast system of very specific labor consuming activities.

The fact of the matter is economists have utterly screwed up the economy. So people from other professions who know how the world works are pouring in to find out who these idiots are. I first learned history and behavioral psychology which allowed me to unlearn the stupid orthodoxy. Schiff is gold trader. Warren Mosler is an bond trader. Michael Hudson is essentially an historian. Bill Still is a news reporter. Ellen Brown is a lawyer. The only people who have no clue at all how economics works are finance and economic majors of the economic orthodoxy. When ever I explain how the economy works to anyone else they understand easily. Only people educated in lunacy don't get it.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:18 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,321,963 times
Well, there are wheels in ATM's and they cost jobs; just ask President Obama.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:47 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
(This thread was created to make a point about economics.)
When will it start?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:54 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
When will it start?
Good question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies