Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is you're stance on con control in America and your political affiliation
I'm conservative and I don't suport gun control in any form 23 22.12%
i'm liberal and I don't support gun control in any form 6 5.77%
i'm conservative and I support some gun control 22 21.15%
i'm liberal and I support some gun control 19 18.27%
I'm conservative and I support most gun control 3 2.88%
I'm liberal and I support most gun control 12 11.54%
I'm a centrist/independant and both liberals and conservatives annoy me 19 18.27%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 06:36 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Love how you leave out half the 2nd amendment and try to pass it off as what you want....move along leftie move along.
They just can only read so far before getting a faint feeling. So be nice they can't help it.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Then they have trouble with words like infringed, which makes them think of pole dancer spandex wear with glitter and fringe, and they just get so confused so easy.

They can just barely stand the 1st, and by the time they get down the list of Rights to the point that they see the Rights are based on for the INDIVIDUAL they are plain exhausted...

Forest Gump said it best... Stupid is as Stupid does.. and they just don't know how stupid they are.. How could they know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 06:37 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Fully automatic weapons are already legal in many states and as long as you aren't a criminal and pay your $200 federal tax you can buy a full auto 50 bmg.

Fairly typical of left wingers who spout off about gun control when they have no idea what the laws already are.
I'm not a left winger and I already knew that. You Misunderstood the post because you were too bussy playing for your team.

Partisan fools like yourself are why america sucks

Old 10-21-2012, 06:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Love how you leave out half the 2nd amendment and try to pass it off as what you want....move along leftie move along.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The purpose of the amendment was to establish "A well regulated Militia" necessary to the security of the State. The second part of the sentence is telling what needs to happen to accomplish the first part.

Unlike you right-wingers, Im just telling you what it says. I'm not putting my own spin on it.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
So are you in support of legalizing fully automatic weapons? Should I be able to go purchase a mountable full auto .50 BMG at a sporting goods store? Where do you draw the line as to what is legal. The 2cnd amendment gives us the right to bare arms but what does that exactly mean these days? Doesn't an RPG or a tank classify as "arms". Where do we draw the line?

Also I'm not saying I'm for or against fully auto weapons an such, I just would like to hear other americans opinions on this subject
Can you bare a tank?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:46 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
I'm a progressive, and to me that includes being progressive on gun rights, within moderation. We should all be allowed CCW licences, as long as we pass the background checks and take courses on how to use forearms properly. We as citizens shouldn't have access to high-powered weaponry, however. As things stand now, the Aurora incident will likely repeat itself several times within the next decade, unless we start to get sensical about our gun laws.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:21 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,683,166 times
I'd also like to see gun "control" defined.

Count me in as a "Goldwater conservative". By today's puritanical standards, that means I'm pretty liberal. So I voted liberal/no gun control. I'm really not very liberal though, but I hesitate vote under the "conservative" label in a poll like this.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
I'm not a left winger and I already knew that. You Misunderstood the post because you were too bussy playing for your team.

Partisan fools like yourself are why america sucks
People like you who comment about things you have no knowledge of are what is taking America down the tubes. You comment about how terrible gun control is in the US without even a remedial knowledge of the subject. Don't let that get in the way of pushing your agenda though, facts are a hard thing for some to accept.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you bare a tank?
Sure anyone can bare a tank you need a really big sand blaster to get it done.....

Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
I often see right wingers spouting off about how liberals don't support 2cnd amendment rights in threads about gun control issues. I find this to not always be the case from my experience as most of the people I know are what you would classify as “liberal” and very few of them are full on anti gun people.

What is you're stance on con control in America and your political affiliation?
You didn't provide a decent option for independents/non-affiliated individuals to select, so I chose not to 'vote'.

[much like the upcoming election]

Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
People like you who comment about things you have no knowledge of are what is taking America down the tubes. You comment about how terrible gun control is in the US without even a remedial knowledge of the subject. Don't let that get in the way of pushing your agenda though, facts are a hard thing for some to accept.

when did I do that I didn't post my opinion on anything but you just assumed. My stance on gun control is probably no different than yours as is my knowledge of firearms, gun laws, reloading, hunting ect. The only thing I posted was that conservatives on this site always go off about lefties being all about gun control. The point of this thread lies in the results of this poll.
I rest my case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies