Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
And they are always loaded.
Idaho and Michigan too. Shoot first ask questions later!

Old 10-12-2007, 07:50 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtolou View Post
SO TRUE! I've noticed this irony before, too!!!
Amazing find!

Props.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Idaho and Michigan too. Shoot first ask questions later!
Yeah, I've lived in Idaho my entire life.

Not so much, dear.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
It wasn't a personal attack - hence the qualifier.

And we've went over (many times already) why your logic is bunk. So either you're not reading the points already made in the thread, and/or you needed something to get your attention.

I assume that I did. And I also assume that you're probably still unconvinced as to the ridiculousness of your "logic."

Oh well. Some battles can't be won, I suppose.
Don't you love Liberal elitism!
Also I did not know that certain people were appointed to be our teachers and show us the evil of our ways!

Old 10-12-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Don't you love Liberal elitism!
Also I did not know that certain people were appointed to be our teachers and show us the evil of our ways!
It's called discourse, dear. Otherwise all we're doing is yelling at each other for no real reason.

I use messageboards and blogs as an opportunity to learn something. This is why I'm always crowing about raising the level of discourse. I'm typically not so interested in promoting my own views (unless it's about growth or racial/gender issues) as I am discovering some great insight or some unique way of looking at something. My mind is rarely made up - I have a good feel for what is right/wrong (though I'm a little more pragmatic than that), but I'm not so stubborn as to refuse to hear the other side, or perhaps learn something about it.

Asking questions and remaining curious is more what I try to focus on, but too often that's a hard position to maintain on this forum with some of y'all.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:34 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I say yes. You probably think not.

If so, may I ask you why?
If I were to answer why, I think that it would be cause for a new thread which would not be the subject of the original post. However, I will say this much:
* Do we ask the Jews to forget about the Holocaust or better yet, do they not think that they are ENTITLED to the land in Palestine? Do we tell them that they are NOT ENTITLED to make and possess real weapons of mass destruction? BTW, that's just one Why answer

To ask why would be opening up an entirely new thread on the subject of ENTITLEMENT.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
If I were to answer why, I think that it would be cause for a new thread which would not be the subject of the original post. However, I will say this much:
* Do we ask the Jews to forget about the Holocaust or better yet, do they not think that they are ENTITLED to the land in Palestine? Do we tell them that they are NOT ENTITLED to make and possess real weapons of mass destruction? BTW, that's just one Why answer

To ask why would be opening up an entirely new thread on the subject of ENTITLEMENT.
Actually, we could easily keep the thread on topic by not bringing Israel into a discussion about American social issues, don't you agree?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:18 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,511 times
Quote:
And with entitlement programs comes a sense of entitlement, which apparently never expires.
Originally Posted by Yeledaf

Quote:
Actually, we could easily keep the thread on topic by not bringing Israel into a discussion about American social issues, don't you agree?
Actually, you made the following statement - to which I replyed. You then asked the question to which I used Israel as ONE example. Hopefully your question was answered and hopefully you get the point

Old 10-12-2007, 10:24 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
Originally Posted by Yeledaf

Actually, you made the following statement - to which I replyed. You then asked the question to which I used Israel as ONE example. Hopefully your question was answered and hopefully you get the point
I'm sorry, but that does not answer my question, which was why do you not think that US domestic entitlement programs should never expire. Would you like to address that question?

Old 10-12-2007, 10:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
And they are always loaded.
The GUNS....or the OWNERS....or both? Exactly what is it that's "always loaded"?......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies