Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 10:19 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,508,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
So, people writing the "N" word is rascist and a hate crime, but it is ok for you to come on this forum and call people rednecks? I think you need to worry about your own bigotry before you worry about others.
Pointing out liberal hypocrisy is a full time job and ultimately futile since these people lack the self-awareness to understand your point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 10:33 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Are you suggesting conservatives or Republicans go around wanting to hang cats and go after signs?

More than likely this was the work of stupid young men. Stupid young people and union thugs do this kind of thing, not responsible adults.
I've met quite a few stupid, young, conservative republicans. Any one of them are capible of this mindless mischief.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,152,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Pointing out liberal hypocrisy is a full time job and ultimately futile since these people lack the self-awareness to understand your point.
Is that why we have a full stable of right-wingers posting here 24/7 whining about lazy slugs looking for handouts? Does it include health benefits and a pension?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:45 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,152,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Are you being deliberately obtuse? The "N" word is "Ni**er"!
Before you get too upset, understand that most of them are born without the ability to be "candid." So they play these games until you finally nail them down, if you have the patience.

This is the part when they accuse you of being the real racist for pointing out the racist message left on the signs. "I mean, why must you introduce talk of race when someone writes "n*gger" all over the place? And, by the way, "redneck" is just as offensive!!!"

Seriously, are the posters on the Sean Hannity forum any sharper than this? If so, I think a trade might be in order.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:52 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,327,161 times
The subject of this thread, defacement of political signs, and the responses from both sides, left and right, make it clear that democracy is a farce. Congratulations Americans.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:54 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,436,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
A drive-by shooting at a campaign office, a cat lynched next to an Obama sign, nazi swastikas spray painted on other Obama campaign offices, now this.

There has been reports of numerous Obama campaign signs in Texes being shot at, ripped apart, and the N word written on them.

The GOP/tea party thuggery and intimidation is coming back to Jim Crow era actions. Who knows what kind of widespread violence will happen from these animals if Obama is re-elected

"Democrats in Lubbock, Texas said they are investigating what they call widespread vandalism against their efforts to support President Barack Obama.

“Hundreds of Obama yard signs have been stolen from neighborhoods all across Lubbock,†Lubbock Democratic Party chairperson Kenny Ketner said at a press conference Sunday. “We have had over half a dozen of our large 4×4 and 4×8 signs stolen, vandalized, or shot. And as of about 1 a.m. this morning, we can add hate crime to the list, as two of our 4×4 signs at 26th and University Ave. were vandalized with the n-word written multiple times and mustard sprayed all over the signs.â€

KBLK-TV posted a picture of the bullet-ridden sign, which says, “Lubbock supports Obama 2012.â€

Texas Democrats: Pro-Obama signs shot up and defaced with racist grafitti | The Raw Story
obama's people started it in 2008

Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,654,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The subject of this thread, defacement of political signs, and the responses from both sides, left and right, make it clear that democracy is a farce. Congratulations Americans.
Were having an internet pie fight over shot-up, defaced, political signs. So what?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,665,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Are you serious? You never heard of this kind of stuff before 2008?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:10 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Are you suggesting conservatives or Republicans go around wanting to hang cats and go after signs?
I'm not suggesting it's typical behavior from a Republican, no... are you suggesting Dems go around doing this stuff? I have only said it is MORE likely the act of a conservative, given the obvious facts that it was an attack on Obama signs & took place in a right-dominant area. You're the one who seems sure of who did it, and going with the UNlikely suspect in your accusation. So unless you have proof of who did it, please refrain from speculating so wildly.

Quote:
More than likely this was the work of stupid young men. Stupid young people and union thugs do this kind of thing, not responsible adults.
And?? There are stupid young people and "thugs" on both sides of the fence, so I'm not sure how this relates to your implication that a Dem committed the act. Again, do you have any proof beyond your wishful thinking and attempts to deflect? I never said anything about responsible adults (obviously a responsible adult Dem OR Rep wouldn't do such a thing), I've only said the responses that a Dem did it are pretty ridiculous.

Last edited by gizmo980; 10-23-2012 at 12:37 AM..

Old 10-23-2012, 12:16 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
LOL... I've heard some very childish things on this forum, but you officially take the cake! I mean, are you really using the 2nd grade defense of "Jimmy started it?!" For the record, crap like this has been going on for decades - from all sides of the political fence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies