Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:07 AM

194 posts, read 297,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Despite the desperation of the Romney camp to avoid talking about social issues, the fact remains that this election is primarily about those social issues and not about the economy. Other posters have noted that, for young people, social issues far outrank economic issues in importance.

As the campaign draws to a close, abortion in particular seems to be the salient issue. Both campaigns understand this very well.

Michael Voris crunches the numbers for you.
Social issues may be more important for young people because they may not be as involved in the economy as other demographics. I suppose it come down to how you quantify "young people." Is is college aged young people or something else? For me abortion is the top issue in selecting how I will vote but this election will be dictated by the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:21 AM

990 posts, read 939,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Sooooooo......... why shouldn't we also ban guns and alcohol? Banning them would also save lives.....no doubt about that.

If it wasn't so easy to get alcohol, less people would drink, less people would be killed during domestic arguments and less people would be killed by drunk drivers......so why shouldn't we ban it? {And....there would also be less uninteded pregnancies.}

If it was illegal to own a gun, less people would be killed by guns......so why shouldn't we ban guns?

Why shouldn't we protect life at ALL costs?
Herein lies the hypocrisy of the "pro-life" crowd being in the GOP.

You can't be pro-life, pro-war, pro-gun, pro death penalty, anti-healthcare, anti-environmentalism. That just doesn't work. You can't say "I'm for protecting the rights of a fetus at all costs" while at the same time saying "I need a gun that can kill 20 people without reloading while I send my son to die in a desert wearing the Red, White and Blue".

I could accept the pro-life view if it actually came with logic attached, but unfortunately it's simply an emotional reaction as a result of biblical brainwashing.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:27 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Depends on what you mean "pro life".

Most Americans don't want abortion to be used as birth control, but most Americans want exceptions for rape, incest, and health of the mother.

this, but, to emphasize, WE have no business knowing the reason why a woman has an abortion. That's between her, her doctor and whatever deity she believes in (if she does).

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times

Mitt Romney Flip Flops | Mitt Romney abortion | Mitt Romney global warming | Mitt Romney Obamacare - YouTube

Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Hopefully Romney will appoint justices who will overturn Roe v. Wade.

It is the sign of a sick society to trample the rights of the most vulnerable. Death by vacuum is an atrocity and any "progressive" country should outlaw its use.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Herein lies the hypocrisy of the "pro-life" crowd being in the GOP.

You can't be pro-life, pro-war, pro-gun, pro death penalty, anti-healthcare, anti-environmentalism. That just doesn't work. You can't say "I'm for protecting the rights of a fetus at all costs" while at the same time saying "I need a gun that can kill 20 people without reloading while I send my son to die in a desert wearing the Red, White and Blue".

I could accept the pro-life view if it actually came with logic attached, but unfortunately it's simply an emotional reaction as a result of biblical brainwashing.
That is among, if not the worst argument in the choicer arsenal. Do choicers support 100% choice in the 8th month of pregnancy ? Do they support choice in all social policy issues ? Choice not to have health insurance, to use heroin, to own assault weapons.

Pro-life and choice are labels in the abortion issue period.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:37 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That is among, if not the worst argument in the choicer arsenal. Do choicers support 100% choice in the 8th month of pregnancy ? Do they support choice in all social policy issues ? Choice not to have health insurance, to use heroin, to own assault weapons.

Pro-life and choice are labels in the abortion issue period.
A lot of liberals actually support having a window of time after birth when it's legal to kill your child. I've seen several posters on this forum advocate for it. Babies aren't worth protecting to the left, probably because they view humans as a parasite to the earth and feel every new birth contributes to overpopulation.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM

467 posts, read 664,945 times
Abortion ruined America and we are definitely reaping the whirlwind.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
A lot of liberals actually support having a window of time after birth when it's legal to kill your child. I've seen several posters on this forum advocate for it. Babies aren't worth protecting to the left, probably because they view humans as a parasite to the earth and feel every new birth contributes to overpopulation.
That is an outright lie and you know it.

You have run true to form though.....pro lifers are known for making up all kinds of lies to support their agenda. They can't face living their lives with FACTS and REALITY.....life is so much more palatable for them if they cling to their fantasies.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
Abortion ruined America and we are definitely reaping the whirlwind.
Let me guess.....you think "God" punished us with Katrina and 9/11 because of homosexuality too.

Don'tcha just love the way he punishes the innocent right along with the "guilty"? That's just so....so......."godly" of him! Sigh......

[sarcasm]

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies