Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Perhaps on your planet it is......here in the real world, we have moved just a bit beyond such appallingly paternalistic attitudes.
So kshegirl, you agree with me that this attempt by Democrats to corral the female vote into a particular set of issues is sexist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So kshegirl, you agree with me that this attempt by Democrats to corral the female vote into a particular set of issues is sexist?
I have soooooooo got to get me a pair of glases like yours!
You know, the kind that allows you to see things on other peoples posts that arent there?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:09 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Or maybe a lot of women just don't like Republicans, ever think of that?! God knows the GOP gives 'em enough reasons (which are also kinda the same reasons for gays, and hispanics, and african-americans, and jews, and muslims, and atheists, and...)!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
I have soooooooo got to get me a pair of glases like yours!
You know, the kind that allows you to see things on other peoples posts that arent there?
Just an inference. Sorry if it does not comport with your thoughts. You mentioned paternalism and that was basically the thust of my post.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Maybe it has something to do with putting the dogma aside, and listening to what WOMEN actually say are their most important issues...
Give us the link you got this from.......I can't believe women sit around thinking about how they and others will get an abortion, over the economy going to hell!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Give us the link you got this from.......I can't believe women sit around thinking about how they and others will get an abortion, over the economy going to hell!!
It says Gallup at the bottom.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:37 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Perhaps on your planet it is......here in the real world, we have moved just a bit beyond such appallingly paternalistic attitudes.
We haven't moved beyond it at all. For example, men are twice as likely as women to have read a book from the history genre in the past year. Likewise, men are far more likely than women to discuss politics at work. Etc.

That's the real world. Men pay more attention to politics, history, and public affairs than women. We're made that way. The exceptions which do exist simply prove the rule.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
It says Gallup at the bottom.
Guess I didn't look far enough......this would be worrisome if women are more worried about abortions then the economy or anything else. If women are more concerned about abortions we haven't advanced a whole lot in the political playing field or world issues.........this would make us part of the problem. I'd hope this wasn't the case.

By the way your back!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess I didn't look far enough......this would be worrisome if women are more worried about abortions then the economy or anything else. If women are more concerned about abortions we haven't advanced a whole lot in the political playing field or world issues.........this would make us part of the problem. I'd hope this wasn't the case.

By the way your back!!!!
Thats right....watch out!
There will be those on this thread that will make the assertion that women are not intellectually capable of understanding economics etc, which you and I both know is utter rubbish.
Nice to know we are in agreement on this point.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:01 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Good for you, but this is a rather simplistic interpretation of the debate. Do you think because a woman cares about female-related issues (and yes, abortion IS mostly a woman's problem - considering men have the option of avoidance), that means we don't ALSO care about non-female-specific issues? Nobody has told me I can only worry about one thing, so why can't I be worried about economics and foreign policy too? I guess you think only Republicans have the right solutions to those problems, but obviously there are many who disagree... so please stop assuming that if a woman cares about women's issues, and plans to vote Dem, they are thus ignoring everything else on the plate. I am way more offended by that assumption of yours, FYI.

Women don't have the option of avoidance?

They can't use BC in a responsible and consistent way?

They are unable to decline intercourse?

I agree that women are capable of concerning themselves with issues other than free BC and abortion, but you'd never know that by listening to the Democrat's campaign ads.

FTR, roughly half the female voters are anti-abortion and half the male voters are pro-abortion.

I guess if you live in the radical feminist bubble, a large portion of the female population opposing abortion is breaking news.

The irony of Romney now splitting the female vote while Obama still maintains a sizable gender gap with men is hysterical!

Poll: Romney, narrows gap with women, leads Obama in the swing states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies