Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesthebass View Post
It may have been witty, but it was inaccurate.
Didn't say it was accurate or not, I just said it was funny... as I mentioned above, I'm watching mostly for entertainment purposes.

Quote:
I'll take smirking over interruptions and attacks any day. At least he's keeping his mouth shut until it's his turn.
I haven't noticed any (much?) interruptions from either candidate so far, but YMMV.

Quote:
What I think that Obama isn't understanding is that he's always referring to what Romney has said as if anyone can back it up to be fact. What he needs to be focusing on is what his plans are, rather than how Romney's plans can supposedly fail, because the current president is always at a disadvantage because his policies have been in action.
Yes, I agree... but again, would it really make a difference at this point? Maybe so, since apparently we still have people who can't decide between these two. Hard to believe!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Cut waste and spending, basically. It's something like the spending from 2006 would give us a balanced budget.
How, though? It sounds nice, but so far I'm not hearing any good plans for actually doing that.

This is kind of like the Republican plan for cutting abortions & unwanted pregnancies - "personal responsibility." Clever and likeable talking points, but no concrete/tangible plans to accomplish such a thing.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:00 PM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Now I have an honest question, which I hope you (the posters above) will answer honestly... do these debates, or even their "plans," really affect your voting choices? Were you ever considering Obama, and even if he KILLS in these debates, will your opinion have been affected? I ask because I'm mostly watching the debates for entertainment purposes, and it seems I'm not the only American who would say that. Between these two candidates I already knew/know my choice; thus I'd only really care if they allowed a Libertarian to participate, as that's my actual party affiliation.
For most, no, the debates won't change the opinions of the people. However, they can definitely sway undecided people one way or the other. Especially those who have very little knowledge of any of the policies involved, but still feel the need to vote because it's "American".

I've known who I'm voting for, simply because I believe Obama's policies are not helping or going to help this country at all and I'm mostly watching these debates for entertainment and keeping current with news.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
How, though? It sounds nice, but so far I'm not hearing any good plans for actually doing that.

This is kind of like the Republican plan for cutting abortions & unwanted pregnancies - "personal responsibility." Clever and likeable talking points, but no concrete/tangible plans to accomplish such a thing.
You'll have to go do some research yourself. Neither guy can really lay down the entire plan on a two minute floor.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I haven't noticed any (much?) interruptions from either candidate so far, but YMMV.
Obama has settled down a bit. At the beginning he was doing it constantly. I think he realized what he was doing, lol.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
You'll have to go do some research yourself. Neither guy can really lay down the entire plan on a two minute floor.
I've done the research, and you know I'm also on this forum regularly... still can't seem to figure out their respective plans, but maybe I'm just not understanding everything. (economics has never been my strong point, LOL)

Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
They are just one cog in the machine, so whatever the plan would be watered down immensely by the time it is passed, if it ever even is. Details are just talking points in that regard.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Obama has settled down a bit. At the beginning he was doing it constantly. I think he realized what he was doing, lol.
Yeah, he also probably had to wait for the adrenaline to settle... I'm a performer (classical music) myself, and know all about adrenaline on stage! Speaking of which, I need to get to rehearsal now.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
They are just one cog in the machine, so whatever the plan would be watered down immensely by the time it is passed, if it ever even is. Details are just talking points in that regard.
Yeah, that's pretty much true. I wish congressmen/women and senators would close their pockets and put their own agenda's aside and worry about what needs to be done to fix this catastrophe of a government.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:10 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Happy to say I haven't watched a single debate. They are 100% useless. Both sides lie, both sides do the exact opposite of what they say. It's a meaningless exercise compared to going back and looking at their actual records. Sadly, American voters are too lazy and apathetic do anything that involves using their brains so they turn to these dog n pony shows to make up their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies