Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:07 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,982,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
Black Panthers are reactions on white people/KKK racism. And KKK is ALIVE (very).
I missed the part where the BP and KKK were involved...

Old 10-23-2012, 01:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
If it is true that the KKK set her on fire it's a darn shame and it let's you know that racism is still very much alive here in the USA...

Sharmeka Moffitt Louisiana: Black Woman Set On Fire By KKK? | Breaking News for Black America
I didn't know that the KKK had changed their uniforms to white hoodies from sheets. In fact, reading the report you posted I didn't see much about KKK. Is there a chance that you are running with one of the several rumors the reporter mentioned?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well there you go....... Why would the authorities say that?

Because maybe the only one involved is the woman who painted her car and set herself on fire?

I don't know......

I didn't like the tiny patch of grass that was burned in the pictures either.

That little bit of burned grass is all there is? And 60% of someone is toast?

A burning person on fire is usually killed from inhaling, not from flames, pain or heat.

Assuming some liquid accelerant was used, where is the burn on the ground, because people on fire tend to fall down pretty soon.

Until there are real facts and not what some others here are making up, I am not to going to judge anything. I don't buy any of this story.

If it turns out her face isn't burned much or at all I won't buy anyone but her is involved.
My god!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
13 years ago around here - a black woman was kidnapped from a street corner - transported 15 miles away -and set on fire - and she burned to death.

The race of her attackers?: both black males.

The story states that the race of the attackers in this case is undetermined. The racial slurs don't neccesarily mean anything - most crimes like this are perpetuated by someone that the victim knows: it could be that she was set on fire by a black acquaintance who staged the scene to make it seem like a racist attack - thus deflecting attention from themselves when they would otherwise be an obvious suspect.

This is simply tragic and wrong. There is no need to use it to wedge racial division in this republic when we should be moving past all that.

Lets wait for all the facts to come out.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
discuss the crime. whenever a white attacks a black, its deflected into something else like blacks attacking whites or blacks attacking blacks in an attempt to diminish the story of whites attacking a black woman.
But the woman says, herself, that she couldn't say what the race of the criminals was. If she doesn't know their race how in hell does anybody else? I didn't know there were black KKKers but it appears there could be.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,917,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Hate crime is a specific type of "violence".........it appears highly likely that this particular incident was a hate crime. Who cares what the motive is? The LAW cares.

"While authorities have resisted calling the incident a “hate crime,” they say that Moffitt’s car was spray painted with a number of racial slurs, which were not specified at press time"

^^^ from the link in the OP.
I never heard of anybody killing somebody they liked or loved.... aren't all assault crimes of "hate".

It's a ridiculous enhancement and is very arbitrary.

"The LAW cares"

Really? So every law is fair right? LAW is Gospel now? Is that what you are saying? Hate Crime enhancements should be repealed. They just make people hate more.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Makes one wonder why they feel the need to spin something like this before all the facts are even known.
Doesn't saying they were white men who were KKK sound a bit spun to you? When the victim can't tell police what the race of the attackers was it seems to me like making them whiter KKK members is stretching things a bit far.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,033,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
I never heard of anybody killing somebody they liked or loved.... aren't all assault crimes of "hate".

It's a ridiculous enhancement and is very arbitrary.

"The LAW cares"

Really? So every law is fair right? LAW is Gospel now? Is that what you are saying? Hate Crime enhancements should be repealed. They just make people hate more.
That poster will categorically dismiss your common sense argument - possibly for no better reason then the irony of your screen name.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM

24,434 posts, read 23,098,542 times
It sounds like she was attacked and yutzes started wild rumors and speculation to politicize it. Creeps.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Did you not read the link in the OP?

"While authorities have resisted calling the incident a “hate crime,” they say that Moffitt’s car was spray painted with a number of racial slurs, which were not specified at press time"
Black on black can't be a hate crime unless the victim is a homosexual, it seems. Do you have something to prove the race of the attackers?

Hell, I want those people dealt with as bad as anybody but this joining together and accusing unknown assailants of being white men is stretching it a bit far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies