Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 05:55 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
That's why they call it a "blade bayonet" and or a "spike bayonet". Ever see a Norinco SKS "spike" before? The Poly Tech may have a "blade".
I understand that, and I have seen it, but Obama wasn't referring to a modern iteration that deviates from the traditional concept. A president is not a weapons expert and if this is the kind of thing people prioritize or criticize above say civil rights or the economy then I really hope they don't vote.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Read your post about Fogg....I have been showing this thread to my husband, who is alternately amused and appalled, but that is besides the point.
He is asking me to ask you if you remember reading or seeing anything about Fogg conducting experiments with carbon steel metallurgy... he says he remembers hearing about it, but hasnt been able to find anything online.
BTW, I would like to take the time to extend the olive branch to you about the other night.
I respect your knowledge of weapons, how to live off the grid, and everything we have discussed outside of this particular forum, I have gleaned a lot of knowledge from you.....now if you would just share the best recipe for a backstrap....I know you have it.
Forgive me?
Good...we're glad both of you are amused and appalled. How would the two of you like to see my SOG SF now? Even has a serial #388. Name any item and I'll be glad to retake it again and again with YOUR item.....Bic lighter, TV remote, aspirin.....whatever.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
I understand that, and I have seen it, but Obama wasn't referring to a modern iteration that deviates from the traditional concept. A president is not a weapons expert and if this is the kind of thing people prioritize or criticize above say civil rights or the economy then I really hope they don't vote.
He better be....he's risking others lives.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:04 PM

Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I've heard of Don Fogg, somewhere in my checkered past. If I recall correctly he was the driving force behind the rebirth of damascus blades in the 1990's, and was known for unrelenting testing of his blades.

Edged weapons are far from obsolete, regardless of what Obama says. They are relegated to a specialized role, but relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTxWnriPO4

Old 10-26-2012, 06:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Good...we're glad both of you are amused and appalled. How would the two of you like to see my SOG SF now? Even has a serial #388. Name any item and I'll be glad to retake it again and again with YOUR item.....Bic lighter, TV remote, aspirin.....whatever.

You know, if you spent a fraction of the time you seem to be spending on taking pics of your knives on taking care of the beautiful wood of the table they are displayed on......I might think about being impressed.
Hubby is still laughing, and making suggestions that you just might be compensating for something.
He is also asking what branch you served in, so if you would be so kind to tell us?
Husband is 2nd Marines.
I wont let him join CD, he would be banned within days, he doesnt suffer fools gladly.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You know, if you spent a fraction of the time you seem to be spending on taking pics of your knives on taking care of the beautiful wood of the table they are displayed on......I might think about being impressed.
Hubby is still laughing, and making suggestions that you just might be compensating for something.
He is also asking what branch you served in, so if you would be so kind to tell us?
I wont let him join CD, he would be banned within days, he doesnt suffer fools gladly.
Hi Keshe, It is funny that you should say that about your husband, my wife feels the same way

Old 10-26-2012, 06:27 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,273,120 times
Quote:
No, that's General Dempsey's job.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Really?
Name a POTUS in the last 20 years that has that experience.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hi Keshe, It is funny that you should say that about your husband, my wife feels the same way
Hey sim...how you doing?
Please give your wife my compliments, she has an exceptional intellect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies