Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 04:55 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,922,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why wouldn't it be?
Are you better armed than Riverboat Willie?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:12 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,809,185 times
Quote:
Then why is your "ole man" deriding Riverboat Gambler?

kshe95girl and her "ole man" hoist on their own petard!

Who are YOU to publicly question anybody's military service?

Some liberals just are way too happy playing in the mud - why don't you join the rest of us in the lake and get clean?
Bet they never saw a Les Baer Thunder Ranch before either or know how much one costs. That's not the point. The point is I'm legit. Why would I care if the Feds or anyone else reads this thread? That sounds like a person wearing a tin foil hat to me honestly.

Some people are a "legend" in their own mind without anything to back it up.

Pistol Malfunction Clearance - YouTube

Old 10-27-2012, 05:14 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,961,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Are you better armed than Riverboat Willie?
Not yet.

By the way - it is "Riverboat Gambler" - and you will note that I always refer to you by your given user name - kshe95girl - that is because I was taught to be respectful, which is why I also refer to the president as President Obama.

Sometimes I chop off extraneous numbers or shorten an overly long name - but it is always in the interest of brevity and I do not butcher the name in an effort to be derisive or "clever".

Old 10-27-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Not yet.

By the way - it is "Riverboat Gambler" - and you will note that I always refer to you by your given user name - kshe95girl - that is because I was taught to be respectful, which is why I also refer to the president as President Obama.

Sometimes I chop off extraneous numbers or shorten an overly long name - but it is always in the interest of brevity and I do not butcher the name in an effort to be derisive or "clever".
I have thick skin buddy. You seem like a real nice smart guy. I agree with most of what yourself, Mac, NVplumber, Chuck and some others posts 100%.

I also know that the Feds already know who I am by now.

No, I'm not giving my name or where I've been. They already know.........

I can be more honest showing you things that I couldn't if I was dumb enough to ID myself and give my name, rank or post up a pic or other private information.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,437,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I have thick skin buddy. You seem like a real nice smart guy. I agree with most of what yourself, Mac, NVplumber, Chuck and some others posts 100%.

I also know that the Feds already know who I am by now.

No, I'm not giving my name or where I've been. They already know.........

I can be more honest showing you things that I couldn't if I was dumb enough to ID myself and give my name, rank or post up a pic or other private information.

Off topic, but:

That pic of the Les Baer custom 1911 has me flumoxed a bit. I know many of the custom makers use anodized, polished and some also drilled aluminum triggers but that shot looks a lot like Ceramic and that, to my limited knowledge would be a first.

Is it just a trick of perspective that is making it look like a white powdered ceramic trigger?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:31 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,426,256 times
So has this thread now turned into a "I have a bigger penis - i.e., more knives and guns - than you" type of a discussion? I guess that's not surprising.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:53 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,580,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
So has this thread now turned into a "I have a bigger penis - i.e., more knives and guns - than you" type of a discussion? I guess that's not surprising.
Well....I dont think it's intended to be quite that ...though it seems privately owned tools and weapons are being showcased a bit. Knowledge of type and design being batted about and such. The original subject matter was a tad weak ..but the discussion perked up a bit with some actual thought about military evolution in strategy, tactics and equipment.
We started with the lowly bayonet and got as far as capital Naval assets. The core discussion turned mainly to the use oc edged weapons by the modern warrior ...and , at the heart all the ....exchanges...there is agreement that the knife/bayonet is still very much alive on the modern battlefield.
Having been there, done that, I flat can't envision taking the field without a good edged piece(or two) riding with me. Not everyone is issued a sidearm in infantry units, a knife/bayonet is given to all.
A large percentage of frontliners buy their own as well. I have a folding Bolo that my Father was issued by the Navy in Korea. It goes where I go. I have seen some SOCOM types come through for training carrying some flat wicked steel.
But, none of it was there to compare male sexual equipment. Tbe old penis size cracks are just that...old.
There is actually a good topic in here. Providing it gets discussed properly. Personally, I feel every American who votes needs an understanding of tbe modern warriors job description,& what tools they are given to do that job.
All the way through. Boots,beans and bullets to high tech flying hotrods. Lime an old poster I saw once said..."Tbey got tbe GUTS......Give em' the firepower!

Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hilarious, aint it?

Old 10-28-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Not yet.

....and you honestly think you are gonna go to law school...

Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Off topic, but:

That pic of the Les Baer custom 1911 has me flumoxed a bit. I know many of the custom makers use anodized, polished and some also drilled aluminum triggers but that shot looks a lot like Ceramic and that, to my limited knowledge would be a first.

Is it just a trick of perspective that is making it look like a white powdered ceramic trigger?
It's a solid aluminum match grade trigger just like my Pro and CQB. They are drilled though. Trigger pull on all three of these is right around 3 1/2 - 4 pounds. The CQB is 1 inch @ 25 yards. That Thunder Ranch has the 1.5 inch @ 50 yards upgrade package as well. You can write your name with all three weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.