Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Obviously, you've never watched Fox. Fox does the exact same thing.

Example: Right this minute, the guests are Susan Estrich and Ed Rollins.

I'll keep you posted on who comes up next.
Sorry, have no idea who Susan Estrich and Ed Rollins are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 01:24 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have gotten to the point of not even checking out what is on MSNBC news and Fox news because of the obvious political spin that is placed on the news.

To CNN's credit, they have done a much better job of being objective on the news. What do they get for the objective news coverage...lower ratings. Apparently, there are a lot of people who do not want objective news.

Candy Crowley works for CNN and they are the most objective?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:30 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Sorry, have no idea who Susan Estrich and Ed Rollins are.
Hahaha...hahaha!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
I have gotten to the point of not even checking out what is on MSNBC news and Fox news because of the obvious political spin that is placed on the news.

To CNN's credit, they have done a much better job of being objective on the news. What do they get for the objective news coverage...lower ratings. Apparently, there are a lot of people who do not want objective news.
I only watch Morning Joe on MSNBC the rest of their line up is a joke. I watch CNN after work but I switch back and forth between them and CNBC.

Hardly ever watch Fox News.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Candy Crowley works for CNN and they are the most objective?
Yes.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:07 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It is in the best interests of all the networks to give the impression that this race is close, when in actuality, it isn't. President Obama has a significant Electoral college advantage over Romney. Polls and political commentary are crap this election year, especially when they ignore Romney's enormous flaws and unsuitability for office, and try to bring President Obama down to Romney's level.

Also, the suggestion that Romney can fix the economy is absolutely absurd. This is his entire platform. Just because he has made a great deal of money in business, doesn't mean that he knows how to run this country or fix an economy. President Obama is doing a fine job with the economy given what he was given and the Republican obstructionism he has to face in Congress. Romney adn his ilk are part of the problem, adn any network that doesn't emphasize this is being just as disingenuous as he is.

CNN has not gone far enough to expose the stench that Romney and his ilk represent, so shame on them.
Man, I love your posts. It's downright amazing just how poetic those campaign writers can be.

As for Obama "doing a fine job,"

And as for Romney's business experience being inconsequential to his ability to help right the economy that Obama has been hindering for the last four years,

You should inform your writers that they need to make the scripts more believable.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Man, I love your posts. It's downright amazing just how poetic those campaign writers can be.

As for Obama "doing a fine job,"

And as for Romney's business experience being inconsequential to his ability to help right the economy that Obama has been hindering for the last four years,

You should inform your writers that they need to make the scripts more believable.
So you agree that CNN is the least biased.?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:

I am inclined to agree with you, except, I think depending on what you are watching, FOX is fairer than most realize. Yes, you have Hannity, who is to the right of right and O'Reilly who is becoming about the same, plus Bret Baird and Neil C. but you have the contributors and the panels that are very balanced, you have Chris Wallace who is a great, objectifve interviewer and a registered Democrat and certainly greta Van isn't to the right, nor is Megyn Kelly.. Sheppard Smith is another one. I do like CNN.. The only one that is just so far out is MSNBC and the original 3: CBS, ABC and NBC.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Why am I not shocked that the further right people think fox is middle of the road?
Guys, it's not...but through your tinted glasses of perception it's just honest and accurate.

Hey, I mean look around, take a deep breath....we have people on the left that claim that their news sources are unbiased and that it's just fox.

The extremes around here can't admit to their own strong political feelings and that those views can skew your perception of things? Really?

Ever watch a game with a die-hard sports fan that complains that every call, even when blatant, was wrong against their team? That's you guys.
I can't rep you for this, so I"ll do it here! While I prefer fox because I can't stomach Tingles and friends on MSNBC and CNN is just dull, they are definitely biased more to the right. The thing is, is that a person CAN watch a biased show and still glean truth from it... it's like asking two kids who started a fight... you know you're going to get a different story from both sides, but somewhere in the middle is the truth!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
I am absolutely no fan of CNN, but I will say that they have toned down their bias over the last year.. They are still clearly biased but better than in the past.
Fox obviously and unashamedly leans right just as MSNBC leans hard left.
I watch CNN and when in doubt do some fact checking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies