Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
News should be informative and not necessarily entertaining. Some information is dull. I don't watch the news to be entertained. I watch the news to be informed.
LOL! There is a big difference between being "entertained" and being put to sleep. If the people you're watching are so dull that you're not paying attention to anything they are saying, then you're not getting the information... but you are getting a good nights rest! Anderson Cooper is a prime example of boring.. his almost flat monotone voice lulls you to sleep like a hypnotist, there's almost no inflection or emotion at all. At least Olbermann kept you awake... fuming/laughing from his stupidity and insanity, but you were definitely awake!

Kronkite, Wallace, any of the great interviewers and anchorman from long ago... they weren't dull or passionless, they were interesting, informative, and until the last decade or two, they were also mostly objective journalists. We don't have any of those left! We have glorified tabloid journalists going after the next "gotcha" moment, on both sides of the isle... and plenty of politicians and celebrities (and others) more than willing to put their foot in their mouths in front of the camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 06:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
WRONG. Fox is quite fanatically biased in favor of Republicans, conservatives and Romney for president. I gather you have never watched Sean Hannity's hour long show on FOX. Just watch Fox News to judge for yourself, especially on a Saturday morning.
How about you read my posting and then really watch FOX..We are not talking about Sean or on the other side Chris Matthews, we are talking about overall, including contibutors...Give us a few contributors to say, MSNBC or even CNN for that matter that are right wing? I have listed a number on FOX and there are a lot more. BTW, you might have time to watch TV on Sat mornings, most of us are doing other things.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Lots of truth in this. I don't watch the "talk shows" on any of these. But the actual news reporting on Fox is usually good, picks up news the regular networks don't. (CNN has some too.) But I can't watch when they pair a righty and lefty who just yell over each other.

MSNBC is generally just bad.

Rubbish, especially coming from a "progressive" source. Just more of the leftist mantra of thinking they're smarter than everyone else and trying to prove it with "studies."
All anyone had to do was watch the 3 networks, CNN< MSNBC and FOX last nigtt, after the debates to see which was more fair and balenced...

Old 10-23-2012, 06:47 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It is in the best interests of all the networks to give the impression that this race is close, when in actuality, it isn't. President Obama has a significant Electoral college advantage over Romney. Polls and political commentary are crap this election year, especially when they ignore Romney's enormous flaws and unsuitability for office, and try to bring President Obama down to Romney's level.

Also, the suggestion that Romney can fix the economy is absolutely absurd. This is his entire platform. Just because he has made a great deal of money in business, doesn't mean that he knows how to run this country or fix an economy. President Obama is doing a fine job with the economy given what he was given and the Republican obstructionism he has to face in Congress. Romney adn his ilk are part of the problem, adn any network that doesn't emphasize this is being just as disingenuous as he is.

CNN has not gone far enough to expose the stench that Romney and his ilk represent, so shame on them.

What do you expect?
They been busy the past 4 years covering the stench of Obama.

Post while you can, it won't be long and Obama will be gone.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:38 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Lots of truth in this. I don't watch the "talk shows" on any of these. But the actual news reporting on Fox is usually good, picks up news the regular networks don't. (CNN has some too.) But I can't watch when they pair a righty and lefty who just yell over each other.

MSNBC is generally just bad.

Rubbish, especially coming from a "progressive" source. Just more of the leftist mantra of thinking they're smarter than everyone else and trying to prove it with "studies."
We don't need no stinkin studies or no edumacation. We get all our learnin on Fox.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
BS several studies have all found that FOX has the most balanced audience across all political spectrums which means it's the most unbiased. Now be a good little liberal and go enlighten yourself.
I think you had that statement backwards, It should have read..."Several BS studies have all found....."

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Originally Posted by hotair2
News should be informative and not necessarily entertaining. Some information is dull. I don't watch the news to be entertained. I watch the news to be informed.

It's not working.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:12 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Originally Posted by hotair2

It's not working.
Your opinion. The fact that you are a Fox viewer, statistically speaking, means that you are the one least informed.

http://www.truthdig.com/eartothegrou...rmed_20120523/

Old 10-23-2012, 08:19 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,543 times
Well, you know how statistics can be manipulated. And people watching a certain news station to allow themselves to profess to being more informed....are most definately manipulated.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You really can't take anyone who believes that Fox is Fair and balanced seriously. They have absolutely no credibility. Fox enjoys high ratings because they are an entertainment network that holds themselves out as a news network. They play partisan politics, of course MSNBC does the same. That only leaves CNN.
And yet you think anyone can take you seriously when you call CNN the least biased. It's pretty sad when you're so far to the left that CNN looks unbiased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies