Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe they aren liberals. Those are the only people I know of who worry about ID and racists.

Hey, I wonder who those in Seattle who are sending out those letters to people in Florida in hopes of keeping them from the polls.
Running away from the havoc you wreaked in the Anon thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
When I looked at your thread you had one view. Now you have two. I'm not sure where you are going with this, probably sarcasm, but for the moment I'll assume that you are being sincere. So, I will ask; why is asking for a driver's license racist?
The former.

I did tell the guy behind the counter, "are you serious? I need to show my drivers license? What if i don't have one?" I thought back to all the dems calling voter ID laws racist, bit I was not going to berate this poor guy with senseless democrat lunacy, so I just gave him my license.

In other words, the liberal line was so ridiculous, that I could nor eve bring myself to parrot it.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Because I ALREADY showed my ID when I registered to vote.
Aren't you able to vote absentee? In most states that is where most of the real fraud takes place, I think.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How does an election clerk like myself know that you are who you claim to be when you arrive at the polling place?

We often check addresses against sample ballots that people bring in - how do I know that the ballot wasn't given to somebody or that they didn't fish it out of a trash can?

In Los Angeles County - we are trained to never turn anybody away - but you may be required to vote provisionally.

I want all legally registered voters to vote and for their vote to count. I just don't understand the resistance to a common sense safeguard against fraud like showing ID at the polls.
Obviously THEY have a lot of people getting ready to vote early and often and showing ID would keep them from voting more than once.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I never did get that whole "appear under 40" thing.
Me too, but I am old enough that I have never been asked although I have always been told I looked much younger than my age. Then one day I had to have heart bypass and aged about 20 years right then.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Apparently, minorities do not have access to ID's, especially older African Americans. A lot of them do not have ID's because they can't afford one. That was the argument I heard on CNN by a "Black community leader" during that Voter ID controversy in PA.
And in Penn, they agreed to do what has been done here in Kansas. They agreed to give free ID from the DOT people since many people don't drive any more. Here you will show your picture ID or you may as well have stayed at home.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Running away from the havoc you wreaked in the Anon thread?
I think you should go back there and read the post that some simpleton said I wanted somebody dead. The word death was not in any form in that post but whichever one of you leaners it was who read it and misread it, at that, the rest went wild without reading that post. I had to even call attention to the lack of any form of depth in that post to one who didn't read the post although she linked me to it.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you should go back there and read the post that some simpleton said I wanted somebody dead. The word death was not in any form in that post but whichever one of you leaners it was who read it and misread it, at that, the rest went wild without reading that post. I had to even call attention to the lack of any form of depth in that post to one who didn't read the post although she linked me to it.
Man up and do it yourself.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:13 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I went to Best Buy to return a computer cable, and even though I had all the unopened packaging and the receipt, they still demanded to see my driver's license, or they'd have to call a manager.

Don't these people know that expecting someone to have a driver's license is racist???
I wouldn't have showed them the license, so they would've just had to call the manager.

You capitulated. That's your fault, but that doesn't have any wider implications. I understand the sarcasm, but it's making no sense.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,441,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If not now - then when?

You claim to support voter ID laws - but what would you consider an appropriate time to implement one?
Whenever the elections are done so people will have a few years to get the proper ID needed. Some states want a actual voters ID card, not just any type of ID and Republicans and those states are moving at lighting speeds to put these laws in place. And of course Obama has plenty of minority voters who may not have ID so by implementing this now, it will take away/suppress the vote. Some people don't have the time to get there ID's now, but of course over the next few years they will have adequate time to get the proper ID needed.

As I said Voters fraud has never been a issue in this nation. A real case of Voters Fraud was letting Bush win his first election but hell, conservatives didn't complained then or ask for a re-count. So lets wait for these laws so we won't suppress the vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
Democrats- Won't you just admit that there are more people voting democrat who aren't actually eligible voters than there are republicans doing likewise?

Deep down you KNOW that the election process should have integrity but you just don't want voter ID laws in place because of selfish reasons, for your own party to have as much power as possible. Every little bit of voter fraud could count in deciding the next president, or more likely countless congressional contests at the federal and state level, as well as local officials. For every case of voter fraud found far more go undetected and this is likely and unlawfully skewing every single race slightly in favor of democrat.
I do want voters ID in place; I just don't want it right before the election! Deep down you KNOW that the democratic party has plenty of lower-income members that simply do not have ID. You telling them out of nowhere they need to get ID for a election when you know damn well they can't get it, means you are attempting to suppress their vote. Instead do it in a more reasonable manner; tell them a few years in advance that they'll need to get proper ID and then everything will work out fine. And of course I'm saying this because Obama cannot afford to lose any votes, but you guys seem unable to admit that this tactic is meant to keep some people from voting. Soon enough you'll be telling people to pay $25 at the booth to vote and of course most people don't want to pay to vote..

Last edited by BMORE; 10-23-2012 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies