Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
America's Shame: Obama Calls U.S. "Arrogant" & "Dismissive" in Speech in France 2009

America's Shame: Obama Calls U.S. "Arrogant" & "Dismissive" in Speech in France - YouTube

Obama APOLOGY TOUR START 2009

Obama Apology Tour 2009 - YouTube
LMAO....seriously?

The first one was actually TRUE. Telling the truth isn't apologizing. If you can't recognize that we've been arrogant as hell and dismissive of the opinions of other nations, then your head is buried deep in the sand (among other places...a body orifice for example). No where did he utter an apology.

The second link was inaudible. For good reason of course....it isn't substantive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Romney did not even have the intellectual curiosity to look at a map when he was memorizing his lines for the debate. He's been spouting off about Iran for two years and does not even know where it is in relationship to Libya. Superficial Romney at his best.
0bama did not even have the intellectual curiosity to ask about security in Libya, even though we blew the country to hell, last year. That's right, 0bama destroyed Libya last year and never bothered to inquire about the place, even though he sent diplomats to that country. If 0bama gave a rat's ass about the people he sent to Libya, he would have at least pretended he gave a ****, and called at least once over the past six months, to ask, "Hey Chris, how are things in Libya, you know, the country I destroyed last year????"

Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....seriously?

The first one was actually TRUE. Telling the truth isn't apologizing. If you can't recognize that we've been arrogant as hell and dismissive of the opinions of other nations, then your head is buried deep in the sand (among other places...a body orifice for example). No where did he utter an apology.

The second link was inaudible. For good reason of course....it isn't substantive.
Were we dismissive when we tried to save people from despotic warlords in Mogadishu? Or maybe Bosnia, or Kuwait, or Korea, or Europe, or Australia, or Okinawa, or Philippines, or Belleau Wood? Were we dismissive when we bled the oceans red on Omaha Beach? Please tell me, when were we dismissive?

Old 10-23-2012, 09:35 PM

If it were not for the United States of America, three quarters of the world, of more, would be living in oppressive, totalitarian slave states.

The US military should pull out of every single country we have troops in, and tell the world we will no longer defend any nation, and then watch, and over the next decade as all hell broke loose.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,707,923 times
Vote Don Rickles. He's what this country really needs.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,471,864 times
Gary Johnson has a point.
https://mobile.twitter.com/GovGaryJo...52671361114113

Old 10-23-2012, 10:06 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Were we dismissive when we tried to save people from despotic warlords in Mogadishu? Or maybe Bosnia, or Kuwait, or Korea, or Europe, or Australia, or Okinawa, or Philippines, or Belleau Wood? Were we dismissive when we bled the oceans red on Omaha Beach? Please tell me, when were we dismissive?
Excuse me....i don't look at America the way a 3 year old looks at his mother. I didn't say that we've never done good things, but we've done bad things too. And acknowledging the fact that we've done bad things isn't apologizing.

We were quite dismissive of political opinion in Western Europe in the run-up to the invasion of Iraq. The French and German opinions were dismissed out of hand by the American political establishment, and we got major egg on our faces, didn't we? Turns out they were right.

So don't say that we're not dismissive....or arrogant. Freedom Fries? Does that ring a bell?

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post

We can only pray.
I'm more worried about China.

[as in "Made in..."]

Old 10-23-2012, 10:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Gimme an example of his apologies.

Great suggestion. I've always been a big fan of Pat Buchanan even though we disagree on many things politically.

LOL....exactly! I started following politics in 1980, and our foreign policy has more or less followed a straight line. Folks act as if there has been some major deviation since Obama got elected. Nothing could be further from the truth. If Romney wins, not a single American soul will be able to tell the difference in foreign policy, but they'll all come on C-D and pretend that they do.

Ron Paul very much so. Since Obama can't win Arizona, i'm thinking about writing Ron Paul in based almost solely on his foreign policy stance and his hatred of the Drug War. Don't know enough about Gary Johnson, but i've heard nothing but good things about the man.

Americans don't care....just don't spend the money on social programs here.
Can't rep you, so all I can do is ditto everything you stated here.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm more worried about China.

[as in "Made in..."]
I think that's an issue as well of course, but from what I understand a significant part of US foreign policy involves getting access to the oil rich countries of central Asia.

Perhaps, Obama knows something or has been threated by an entity that would cause him to react in a way where he seems globally appolegetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies