Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:22 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No, Russia can't destroy the U.S. with some sort of unknown weapon or policy.

The main thing Russia could do that would cause another world war would be to hint at getting off the U.S. dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Foreign Exchange: Saddam Turns His Back on Greenbacks - TIME

The real reason...

Free exchange: Petrodollar profusion | The Economist

You want to see hyperinflation in the U.S. economy let there suddenly be an extra $5 trillion or so in U.S. dollars laying around and nobody wants them.
How can you be so sure?

I refuse to believe that Russia laid back and let us win the Arms Race. If anything, they probably discovered a more cost effective weapon, but did not publicize it, so that America would go bankrupt by spending billions of dollars on obsolete military technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:35 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
Since Obama has insisted that 'Al Queda is on the run' and that the killing of Bin Laden, means that the spread of terrorism is waning, the smart folks will take Mr. Romney any day of the friggin' week over this naive brain-dead idealogue.

If the MSM wasn't so obssessed with covering up the truth about the Benghazi murders, Romney would get 60% or more of the vote as opposed to this serial liar.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:02 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,585,553 times
Default Who has the necessary foreign policy, Romney or Obama?

Obama.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Gary Johnson

Foreign Policy

Maintaining a strong national defense is the most basic of the federal government’s responsibilities. However, building schools, roads, and hospitals in other countries are not among those basic obligations. Yet that is exactly what we have been doing for much of the past 10 years.

Given trillion-dollar deficits, America simply cannot afford to be engaged in foreign policy programs that are not clearly protecting U.S. interests. There is nation-building and rebuilding to be done right here at home.

Our military should remain the most potent force for good on Earth. To do this, we should resort to military action as the last option and only as provided in the Constitution.

AMERICAN MILITARY ACTIVITIES IN AFGHANISTAN SHOULD END, our troops returned home, and the focus of our foreign policy reoriented toward the protection of U.S. citizens and interests.

-With Osama bin Laden now killed and after 10 years of fighting, U.S. forces should leave Afghanistan's challenges to the Afghan people.

-Decades after the collapse of the Soviet Union, American troops remain scattered throughout Europe. It is time to reevaluate these deployments.

-The U.S. must make better use of strategic alliances which allow greater sharing of the human and financial burdens at less cost of protecting national interests.

AMERICA CAN ACHIEVE OUR FOREIGN POLICY GOALS without sacrificing American values.

-No criminal or terrorist suspect captured by the U.S. should be subject to physical or psychological torture.

-Individuals incarcerated unjustly by the U.S. should have the ability to seek compensation through the courts.

-Individuals detained by the U.S., whether it be at Guantanamo Bay or elsewhere, must be given due process via the courts or military tribunals, and must not be held indefinitely without regard to those fundamental processes.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Gary Johnson

Foreign Policy

Maintaining a strong national defense is the most basic of the federal government’s responsibilities. However, building schools, roads, and hospitals in other countries are not among those basic obligations. Yet that is exactly what we have been doing for much of the past 10 years.

Given trillion-dollar deficits, America simply cannot afford to be engaged in foreign policy programs that are not clearly protecting U.S. interests. There is nation-building and rebuilding to be done right here at home.

Our military should remain the most potent force for good on Earth. To do this, we should resort to military action as the last option and only as provided in the Constitution.

AMERICAN MILITARY ACTIVITIES IN AFGHANISTAN SHOULD END, our troops returned home, and the focus of our foreign policy reoriented toward the protection of U.S. citizens and interests.

-With Osama bin Laden now killed and after 10 years of fighting, U.S. forces should leave Afghanistan's challenges to the Afghan people.

-Decades after the collapse of the Soviet Union, American troops remain scattered throughout Europe. It is time to reevaluate these deployments.

-The U.S. must make better use of strategic alliances which allow greater sharing of the human and financial burdens at less cost of protecting national interests.

AMERICA CAN ACHIEVE OUR FOREIGN POLICY GOALS without sacrificing American values.

-No criminal or terrorist suspect captured by the U.S. should be subject to physical or psychological torture.

-Individuals incarcerated unjustly by the U.S. should have the ability to seek compensation through the courts.

-Individuals detained by the U.S., whether it be at Guantanamo Bay or elsewhere, must be given due process via the courts or military tribunals, and must not be held indefinitely without regard to those fundamental processes.
This is all BS.

America does need to access the oil rich central Asian countries in order to allow it's citizens to sustain their current lifestyle.

As more than one poster has pointed out, Central Asia has more oil than all of MENA.

When the pipelines are completed and millions of barrels are being produced and sold in other than American dollars, the US economy will crash. Especially considering that Social Security and Medicare are insolvent which will take money out of the economy when it crashes, and the fact that we cannot compete globally because US wages are too high.

Additionally, if the debt is downgraded, how will the US fund its spending spree?

The fact is, if Americans want to sustain their lifestyle, Iran must become more friendly with the US and allow us to build infrastructure.

And for the record, I'm not the originator of these statements, so I'm not going to take credit, but it's logical and makes sense.

So I'm assuming Obama knows this unless 1) his head is buried in the sand, 2) he is unwilling to murder people for US gain and will accept recession, 3) he is afraid of Russia's superior firepower and ability to destroy the US and all of it's triad forces in moments, and will accept recession.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
This is all BS.

America does need to access the oil rich central Asian countries in order to allow it's citizens to sustain their current lifestyle.

As more than one poster has pointed out, Central Asia has more oil than all of MENA.

When the pipelines are completed and millions of barrels are being produced and sold in other than American dollars, the US economy will crash. Especially considering that Social Security and Medicare are insolvent which will take money out of the economy when it crashes, and the fact that we cannot compete globally because US wages are too high.

Additionally, if the debt is downgraded, how will the US fund its spending spree?

The fact is, if Americans want to sustain their lifestyle, Iran must become more friendly with the US and allow us to build infrastructure.

And for the record, I'm not the originator of these statements, so I'm not going to take credit, but it's logical and makes sense.

So I'm assuming Obama knows this unless 1) his head is buried in the sand, 2) he is unwilling to murder people for US gain and will accept recession, 3) he is afraid of Russia's superior firepower and ability to destroy the US and all of it's triad forces in moments, and will accept recession.
And I believe all of your rebuttal is complete BS as well.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
And I believe all of your rebuttal is complete BS as well.
You know, saying all of that was BS was kind of harsh. I agree with some statements and disagree with others.

EDIT: Actually I agree with what you say.

My bad. But my rebuttal actually follows what you say anyway, minus the sacrafice of American values.

I probably should have read everything all the way through before making my statement.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:27 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Gary Johnson and Ron Paul.
This one. I was going to say the same thing.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:24 PM

82 posts, read 180,161 times
If Obama wins again I am seriously considering moving to another country. I know that sounds crazy, but if my wife spent all my money and then wanted me to cosign for a loan to borrow more I'd leave her too.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:32 PM

1,403 posts, read 937,849 times
Where ya going?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies