Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
so do you actually agree with incest, and the marrying of one's sister?
That is what I wonder - since these people are so enthusiastic about letting homosexuals marry - where will it end?

And why are they so hateful and intolerant when it comes to me marrying my cat?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
No I don't agree with it or advocate it in anyway; however, the caveat to that is if the parties in question are two of-age adults who are able and willing to give consent to marry each other then who are you or I to prevent them from getting married?

Keep that stuff private, don't flaunt, and live whatever weird life they want to live in the privacy of their own home.
The problem is that they are not keeping it private - they want the approval of the rest of the community through legal marriage recognition.

Also they flaunt their lifestyle in public - and at least in California - children are required to be taught about homosexuals.

I have no problem with gay people doing what they want in the privacy of their own home - but that is not what they want.

They want gay marriage - because that will legitamize homosexual relationships and homosexual sex.

This isn't about privacy - if it was then I would be in full support.

This is about forcing the homosexual agenda on others - and especially children: that is sick.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:14 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

How about I name your county - for those who can't connect the dots?
Uh.....I live in Lewis County in the great state of Washington.

So?

Did you think you were onto some highly classified information or something? That you had some power over me by having figured out what county I live in?

Geez.....I hope you didn't go to a lot of work to figure that out or anything. After all, I would have told you if you had asked.

And why are you using that information to threaten me, which is exactly what you did by saying this:

Quote:

Old 10-26-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I"m quite pleased that my sister and her wife were married in CT and reside there.
My sister stays home with their two adopted children while her wife works as an attorney at an established law firm.
Connecticut may recognize their "marriage" - but they are not married.

And the children ought to be removed from their "home" - how can you intentionally put a child in such a wrong situation - or support such a condition?.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh.....I live in Lewis County in the great state of Washington.

So?

Did you think you were onto some highly classified information or something? That you had some power over me by having figured out what county I live in?

Geez.....I hope you didn't go to a lot of work to figure that out or anything. After all, I would have told you if you had asked.
Thank you - now I don't have to leak that information.

My conscience is clean.

It is a great state.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:

My conscience is clean.

It is a great state.
And why would you feel that you had to "leak" the information?

What did you think you could gain?

I think maybe a mod should review your posting history. While I have no problems with you knowing what county I live in, I do question your motives behind your thinking that you could use that knowledge as a veiled "threat" of some kind. I would think a mod might like to see if this behavior of yours is a pattern.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Okay, so you don't in fact agree with me.

Why not do the easy thing - not to mention the constitutionally required thing - and just let homosexual couples have equal access to the existing law?
Because it is not constitutionally required - and homosexual unions do not = marriage.

Marriage is defined - it is a union between a man and a woman. It is the foundation of a family which is the basic building block of society. When you erode the foundation - the entire structure comes tumblin' down like the walls of Jericho.

I guess that you are an advocate for the destruction of our society.

Homosexuals can do what they want - I would advise against it - for spiritual reasons - but I would never pass a law that says they can't do what they do( I am not the "Americn Taliban" - and the libertarian in me won't allow me to advocate for such laws.).

But they can't be married - marriage is defined - and it requires two individuals of the opposite gender.

Why is that so hard for you to comprehend - or accept?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And why would you feel that you had to "leak" the information?

What did you think you could gain?

I think maybe a mod should review your posting history. While I have no problems with you knowing what county I live in, I do question your motives behind your thinking that you could use that knowledge as a veiled "threat" of some kind. I would think a mod might like to see if this behavior of yours is a pattern.
I never threatened you. What in the world are you talking about?

I simply found it easy to determine your location - because of my familiarity with the area - and I did not want to inadvertantly disclose your location based on my knowledge.

I was trying to help you - but you obviously think that I must have had nefarious motives - because we disagree politically.

It is amazing what I have to put up with - and I simply can't understand how you could ever jump to those types of conclusions.

Un - be - liev - a - ble.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
that would be doable as far as i'm concerned because I could always go to my personal church for a marriage license after receiving a domestic partnership from the state and federal government.
Better yet - the government would only enforce civil contracts of committment - through the courts - and churches or other religious establishments could confer marriage status.

Let's get the government out of the marriage business.

Why are the homosexual activists always opposed to this common sense solution? : could it be that they don't actually want "equality"- but only want legitimazation of gay sex and homosexual relationships?

Hmnnnn?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I never threatened you. What in the world are you talking about?
Yes, you did:

Quote:

And when it didn't work:

Quote:

My conscience is clean.

Quote:
I was trying to help you
How is threatening to "name my county" trying to help me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies