Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:02 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,863,978 times

Advertisements

There are two actions I will be taking part in this week, the first is the Witness against torture, close Guantanamo/ Bagram.

Friday, January 11th will be the main day of action – gather at the Supreme Court around noon and march past Congress and the Department of Justice and on to the White House with our other coalition members from Amnesty International, Center for Constitutional Rights and many other organizations.

On Saturday the 12th

STOP CIA KILLER DRONES & TORTURE!
Location: CIA Headquarters, 900 Block of Dolly Madison Blvd, Langley, Virginia

Event Details: The CIA has been found guilty by the European Court of torture, abuse, & secretly imprisoning. US Military & CIA drones have maimed & killed thousands of people in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya, & Afghanistan. This year alone there have been over 333 + strikes in Afghanistan. Almost 60 Guantanamo prisoners have been cleared for release but still remain captives of the US indefinitely. Stand with us opposing CIA & US Military drones used in extrajudicial killings and US/CIA secret rendition, indefinite detention, all torture, to oppose & close the Guantanamo prison camp.

Torture & US killer drone strikes are illegal, immoral, and must stop now!

Supported by Pax Christi Metro DC, Northern Virginians for Peace & Justice, Episcopal Peace Fellowship, Dorothy Day Catholic Worker of DC, Code Pink, Nova Catholic Community, Peace & International Outreach Committee of Langley Hill Friends, Washington Peace Center, & Peace Action Montgomery County, MD

Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,163,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
There are two actions I will be taking part in this week, the first is the Witness against torture, close Guantanamo/ Bagram.

Friday, January 11th will be the main day of action – gather at the Supreme Court around noon and march past Congress and the Department of Justice and on to the White House with our other coalition members from Amnesty International, Center for Constitutional Rights and many other organizations.

On Saturday the 12th

Event Details: The CIA has been found guilty by the European Court of torture, abuse, & secretly imprisoning. US Military & CIA drones have maimed & killed thousands of people in Yemen, Somalia, Pakistan, Iraq, Libya, & Afghanistan. This year alone there have been over 333 + strikes in Afghanistan. Almost 60 Guantanamo prisoners have been cleared for release but still remain captives of the US indefinitely. Stand with us opposing CIA & US Military drones used in extrajudicial killings and US/CIA secret rendition, indefinite detention, all torture, to oppose & close the Guantanamo prison camp.

Supported by Pax Christi Metro DC, Northern Virginians for Peace & Justice, Episcopal Peace Fellowship, Dorothy Day Catholic Worker of DC, Code Pink, Nova Catholic Community, Peace & International Outreach Committee of Langley Hill Friends, Washington Peace Center, & Peace Action Montgomery County, MD
Hey, I have an idea! How about advocating for a TRIAL for KSM and his fellow thugs? After torturing NYers with the threat of wanting to try KSM in NYC, Holder and Obama have been silent and kept the 9/11 mastermind comfortably alive in Gitmo (new soccer field and all!)

P.S. - everyone killed on 9/11 are still dead.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,117,526 times
Quote:

On Saturday the 12th

Thanks for the updates and contribution to the thread. I have a friend from Occupy DC I plan on working with in the future. Great guy.

You all have more support then you think. Don't let the vocal pessimist on city-data make you think otherwise.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,949,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarasotaBound1 View Post
It's too cold...
No such thing as too cold to go camping.... I might be next weekend on the Kanc.. In the woods!

No tent, because it can't rain and there is no bugs! Well it might rain....

Old 01-07-2013, 06:28 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,163,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No such thing as too cold to go camping.... I might be next weekend on the Kanc.. In the woods!

No tent, because it can't rain and there is no bugs! Well it might rain....
Heh! I know what "the Kanc" is. I'd rather stay at the Mt. Washington Hotel, thank you very much.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You all have more support then you think. Don't let the vocal pessimist on city-data make you think otherwise.
Fat chance in that happening, it would be a sad day I let the uninformed sitting in front of their computer in their underwear bring me to that point.

I have made my choice I am in this for the long haul.

Blue Pill or Red Pill - The Matrix (2/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD - YouTube

Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,160 times
Quote:
Fat chance in that happening, it would be a sad day I let the uninformed sitting in front of their computer in their underwear bring me to that point.

I have made my choice I am in this for the long haul.

Blue Pill or Red Pill - The Matrix (2/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD - YouTube

You are not helping Occupy credibility by making this type of statement. Your attack on anyone who disagrees with Occupy's childish methodology is nothing short of childish on its own merits.

Most of us watched the Occupy movement and even supported their message until that list of "wants" became ridiculous, and their methodology childish. Occupy's initial list of demands was laughable. Occupy's message became fragmented, their actions criminal, and subsequently their appeal waned. Occupy's public support is at a low ebb, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Occupy had its chance and blew it. Keep making the statements like the one highlighted above, and your support will erode even more.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
You are not helping Occupy credibility by making this type of statement. Your attack on anyone who disagrees with Occupy's childish methodology is nothing short of childish on its own merits.

Most of us watched the Occupy movement and even supported their message until that list of "wants" became ridiculous, and their methodology childish. Occupy's initial list of demands was laughable. Occupy's message became fragmented, their actions criminal, and subsequently their appeal waned. Occupy's public support is at a low ebb, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Occupy had its chance and blew it. Keep making the statements like the one highlighted above, and your support will erode even more.
Please put your pants on when you talk to me.
I highly doubt you ever supported the movement.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,160 times
ote=ted08721;27668380]Please put your pants on when you talk to me.
I highly doubt you ever supported the movement.[/quote]

You'd be wrong, handout whiner (if you stoop to that level you will have company). I've always wanted big corporate money out of politics and vice-versa,..but that's not what we are talking about here.

I love your juvenile writing,...it depicts the childishness prevalent among you Occupy retards,...and helps everyone to see the REAL importance of your protests. Importance=zero.

Now get back on the bullhorn and lead the other parrots in a "mike check". Isn't that where no one can say anything until the bullhorn sounds,...because the occupiers are too stupid to think for themselves?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:38 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,116,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Just checked their debt ratio. You are correct. Apologies.
It's very concerning that a few posts back you thought you had a good solution. But after looking at the numbers you realize that it wouldn't work.

The American people have a problem with the level of research and due diligence when you Occupiers are trying to provide solutions. You guys don't know what you're talking about and coming up with nonsense. If someone is going to sit out there and protest, they should at least protest with a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.