Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,085,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Please note that the information about myself was requested by Gtowne, so get off your high horse. Unless you're psychic or have a crystal ball, you're just blathering about what you THINK someone else's life has included. Maybe you don't realize how stupid that makes you appear.

I don't have to "diminish" Occupy,....they did quite well in they regard without any help from anyone else. At one time they had some credibility, but that was lost quickly. It's not just MY opinion, it is the opinion of the majority of Americans.

Do some reading.
Calling people losers and then telling them to get off their high horse. Which is it?

If we took a vote on the most hate filled poster, you'd probably win it.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:31 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,218,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Calling people losers and then telling them to get off their high horse. Which is it?

If we took a vote on the most hate filled poster, you'd probably win it.
Are you going to discuss your topic or discuss a poster? As for yours, or others, opinion of me I could give a flying ratzazz. So either discuss your own topic or feel free to turn off your computer.

Some people just hate FACTS. Occupy had a lot of public support for several months, but that support quickly vanished because of the Occupy antics. Now the support for Occupy isn't even worth trying to measure. Polling agencies refuse to attempt measuring public support simply because there is so little.

Occupy squandered any public support it may have had, and most people (especially in New York) view them as a nuisance.

Occupy Wall Street's people power loses popularity | Harry J Enten | World news | guardian.co.uk

Occupy is a perfect example of a good idea turned bad.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Are you going to discuss your topic or discuss a poster? As for yours, or others, opinion of me I could give a flying ratzazz. So either discuss your own topic or feel free to turn off your computer.

Some people just hate FACTS. Occupy had a lot of public support for several months, but that support quickly vanished because of the Occupy antics. Now the support for Occupy isn't even worth trying to measure. Polling agencies refuse to attempt measuring public support simply because there is so little.

Occupy squandered any public support it may have had, and most people (especially in New York) view them as a nuisance.

Occupy Wall Street's people power loses popularity | Harry J Enten | World news | guardian.co.uk

Occupy is a perfect example of a good idea turned bad.
Well I'd say its really hard to keep up your PR when you've been blacked out.

Since I've got you talking. What do you think of the police brutality during the protest? Do you condone it?

Old 03-04-2013, 07:48 AM

If the Economy is not improving. And our GDP seems to be topping out, how are wages ever going to increase unless at the hands of our largest employers? Please explain that to me Sol.

Millions of Americans are falling into debt as a result of the actions of a few. Whether you want to blame it on policy, greed, or other economic factors, facts are facts. Our economy has slowed.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Well I'd say its really hard to keep up your PR when you've been blacked out.

Since I've got you talking. What do you think of the police brutality during the protest? Do you condone it?
"Blacked out"?

I think police brutality has no place in our society,...and the same applies to destruction of public property, public defecation on police cars, etc.,...etc.,...See much more at: The Occupy Wall Street criminal rap sheet

Old 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
"Blacked out"?

I think police brutality has no place in our society,...and the same applies to destruction of public property, public defecation on police cars, etc.,...etc.,...See much more at: The Occupy Wall Street criminal rap sheet
Criminally blacked out. Journalist were arrested and sometimes abused. One was shot (bean bag shell) for simply filming the police.

Occupy Wall Street 'Media Blackout': Journalists Arrested, Roughed Up, Blocked From Covering Clearing

Occupy Wall Street: NYPD attempt media blackout at Zuccotti Park | World news | guardian.co.uk

Keith Olbermann calls out Media Blackout on 'Occupy Wall Street' Protest - YouTube

Also. If you want to talk about the protester's rap sheet, that of the police is even longer. I'm assuming you have just as much disdain for the police force. Seeing that the actions of an individual are representative of an entire group.

10 metro police officers face corruption charges | www.ajc.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/us...oner.html?_r=0

10 Atlanta Police Charged In Corruption Case, Taking Payouts From Drug Dealers | Breaking News for Black America

Police corruption can

Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,606,313 times
Quote:
If the Economy is not improving. And our GDP seems to be topping out, how are wages ever going to increase unless at the hands of our largest employers? Please explain that to me Sol.

Millions of Americans are falling into debt as a result of the actions of a few. Whether you want to blame it on policy, greed, or other economic factors, facts are facts. Our economy has slowed.
There was a company in the Wall Street area offering jobs to the OWPer. Guess what, not one of them wanted a job. Why is it that all the peace loving movements are over taken by anarchists and radicals?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
There was a company in the Wall Street area offering jobs to the OWPer. Guess what, not one of them wanted a job. Why is it that all the peace loving movements are over taken by anarchists and radicals?
But you didn't answer the question. And while it might've been a nice gesture, it does nothing for the overall job market.

And why would someone who opposes Wall Street and its practices then go and work for the enemy (in their eyes)?

And lets get to the just of what your saying. Your again calling protesters people who don't want to work. I'm clearly a supporter and I do work. The other protester I knew personally worked as well. He even offered some of his services for free.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Also. If you want to talk about the protester's rap sheet, that of the police is even longer. I'm assuming you have just as much disdain for the police force. Seeing that the actions of an individual are representative of an entire group.

10 metro police officers face corruption charges | www.ajc.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/us...oner.html?_r=0

10 Atlanta Police Charged In Corruption Case, Taking Payouts From Drug Dealers | Breaking News for Black America

Police corruption can
But,...NONE OF THE ABOVE ARE A CONNECTED TO OCCUPY ACTIVITIES.

Why do you want to change the subject?

The hundred or so activities posted on "Occupy Rap Sheet" were related to Occupy activities.

Peculiar you do not wish to discuss them.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,606,313 times
Quote:
But you didn't answer the question. And while it might've been a nice gesture, it does nothing for the overall job market.

And why would someone who opposes Wall Street and its practices then go and work for the enemy (in their eyes)?

And lets get to the just of what your saying. Your again calling protesters people who don't want to work. I'm clearly a supporter and I do work. The other protester I knew personally worked as well. He even offered some of his services for free.
How does starting fires, throwing rocks, and breaking store windows bring about change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies