Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 02:10 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
"...old white conservatives".......
You're right. Right wingnuts are not all "old white conservatives." Some are young, white, highly uneducated buffoons.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:50 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You're right. Right wingnuts are not all "old white conservatives." Some are young, white, highly uneducated buffoons.
You liberals must really hate Dr. Benjamin Carson,....a rather successful black conservative who is part of the neurosurgeon medical profession that makes the big bucks.

How about that,...a highly educated black who is neither young, white, nor a buffoon.

Must really get your panties in a wad. Difficult to pigeonhole a person like Dr. Carson who doesn't fit your preconceived , cookie-cutter definition of conservative.

Many of us "old white conservatives" have had the unhappy experience of having to witness the sorry work ethics of the younger generation, the ones who want to be "connected" while on the job,...those who steals an employers' time and money while spending time on the internet and smartphones.

If I could buy that generation for what it's worth,...and sell it for what it thinks it's worth,....then I would be a rich man.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:43 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
"...old white conservatives".......

How about whinyassed liberals who just want a free ride?

Get off the internet and get a job. Maybe your life might improve.

You liberals can't be freeloaders forever.
My life is rewarding and is soon to get even better, because I create. Wonder what you do besides sit by the TV in a Fox News stupor. You're certainly not alone there.
Gee I never got a free ride. Where do you get your information on stuff like this? Oh yeah, Fox and the dark depths of your enmity-filled imagination.
One wonders where all this deep-seated hate and intolerance comes from. Probably because, after decades of old-white-guy control of most aspects of society, OWS and "liberal media" is exposing your views and agenda to the world.
Enjoy it while you can...

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You liberals must really hate Dr. Benjamin Carson,....a rather successful black conservative who is part of the neurosurgeon medical profession that makes the big bucks.

How about that,...a highly educated black who is neither young, white, nor a buffoon.

Must really get your panties in a wad. Difficult to pigeonhole a person like Dr. Carson who doesn't fit your preconceived , cookie-cutter definition of conservative.

Many of us "old white conservatives" have had the unhappy experience of having to witness the sorry work ethics of the younger generation, the ones who want to be "connected" while on the job,...those who steals an employers' time and money while spending time on the internet and smartphones.

If I could buy that generation for what it's worth,...and sell it for what it thinks it's worth,....then I would be a rich man.
Again, an assumption from the depths of your imagination posited as fact.
I, for one, have zero problem with either traditional conservatism or Dr. Carson, except that he seems to be a lightweight. I liked traditional conservative Huntsman quite a bit, but of course he was soundly marginalized by your possible heroes.
More Fox hate-filled nonsense - that liberals hate success, their country, their own families and their own children, themselves - even conservatives. What does it say about you when you willingly buy into such distortions of fact in order to feel validated?
Again, the conservative hatred of OWS just stems from the bursting of the right-wing bubble rather than the things you mention.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 03-21-2013 at 04:06 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
My life is rewarding and is soon to get even better, because I create. Wonder what you do besides sit by the TV in a Fox News stupor. You're certainly not alone there.
Gee I never got a free ride. Where do you get your information on stuff like this? Oh yeah, Fox and the dark depths of your enmity-filled imagination.
One wonders where all this deep-seated hate and intolerance comes from. Probably because, after decades of old-white-guy control of most aspects of society, OWS and "liberal media" is exposing your views and agenda to the world.
I feed cattle a lot, destroy cactus, prepare/plant fields for grazing, chop cedar trees and even push them with a 955 Cat track loader and a John Deere 5105. In addition, I work one full day a week in our corporation, help protect investments in real estate, and do minor landscaping projects to enhance the value of several properties.

"..deep-seated hate and intolerance"? Nah,....I don't have enough respect for your generation to "hate" you. I feel sorry for you,...and your deep-seated hate and intolerance for those who disagree with you. Yours is an "entitled" generation, where everyone is a winner, and mediocrity is the norm.

I may be old,...and I may be white,....but at least I have a work ethic and high standards of conduct. My generation does more business on a handshake and a promise than most of you young whippersnappers do with an ironclad lawyer-written contract. We take care of our own, our neighbors, and our community. We don't take kindly to those who stand around with their hands out.

All you occupiers do is sit around with bullhorns, doing childish "mike checks", and poop on police cars.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
Quote:
My views are my own. Not so with you? Only the fascist right is in a comfortable lockstep.
Your views are your own? I find you to be doing nothing more then regurgitating this rhetoric. Corporate Fascism

Everything you have stated is on this one page from this one site.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You create? What, sound from amps? How many people do you employee?

One can wonder where yours comes from since all you do is whine about "right-wingers", FOX, and various others. Why is it you hate so much?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:

I don't hate him. I just feel sorry for him. He's worthy of pity, wanting acceptance so badly from those who are racist.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
I feed cattle a lot, destroy cactus, prepare/plant fields for grazing, chop cedar trees and even push them with a 955 Cat track loader and a John Deere 5105. In addition, I work one full day a week in our corporation, help protect investments in real estate, and do minor landscaping projects to enhance the value of several properties.

"..deep-seated hate and intolerance"? Nah,....I don't have enough respect for your generation to "hate" you. I feel sorry for you,...and your deep-seated hate and intolerance for those who disagree with you. Yours is an "entitled" generation, where everyone is a winner, and mediocrity is the norm.

I may be old,...and I may be white,....but at least I have a work ethic and high standards of conduct. My generation does more business on a handshake and a promise than most of you young whippersnappers do with an ironclad lawyer-written contract. We take care of our own, our neighbors, and our community. We don't take kindly to those who stand around with their hands out.

All you occupiers do is sit around with bullhorns, doing childish "mike checks", and poop on police cars.
Reality check:
I hate mediocrity and don't indulge in it myself. Some think I am overly perfectionist. Today's mediocrity, rife in society, is a product of easiest-possible-profit corporatism, not liberalism. OWS is reacting to the corporate takeover of our democracy.
I believe my word or my handshake is my bond, and wish it were that way for everybody.
I support hard work and productivity, and I do more than what you assume.
I believe in community and helping others. Hard to take right-wing distortions such as yours seriously. Seems like you, and others, just thoughtlessly accept an angry picture of things, promoted by the likes of Fox "News".
And I am not a young whippersnapper or an occupier either - another assumption on your part. I proudly served, against the soviets, in air force intel in sixties Berlin protecting the butts of media right-wing chickenhawks who now say I hate America - because I'm too "moderate" for their liking.
Any wonder why I have little tolerance for decades of such 24/7 right-wing lies? I don't like liars either, but most conservative media talkers are hired hands - salesmen for oligarchy, and I don't need a sales pitch for their "product".

Last edited by detwahDJ; 03-21-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Reality check:
Today's mediocrity, rife in society, is a product of easiest-possible-profit corporatism, not liberalism. OWS is reacting to the corporate takeover of our democracy.
We are not a Democracy. Do you know what Liberal Economics are since that looks to now be the claim you are attempting to make? If you are claiming to want liberal economics policy for our economy, its the exact opposite of what your rhetoric actually is. What you espouse is Progressivism not Liberalism, they are not the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies