Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Again, I reiterate:

Once you lose a freedom, you will rarely get it back.

Kids today must not be taught what true liberty and freedom actually are. The man expects us to give it up (freedoms) without a word. It must be working because posters in here are actually arguing for the very things that remove their freedom and liberty. They are truly subservient to corruption, under the guise of law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 11:50 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
We are living in the real world where "normal" doesn't exist anymore and "decent" is hard to find. There are many more perverts/deviants today than we'd like to believe, all you have to do is think of the show "To Catch A Predator"...
That show itself is the indecency.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM

910 posts, read 2,292,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That show itself is the indecency.
Oh really? Exposing the perverted appetites of men is indecent... Dude, you just gave yourself away, only the guilty or would-be guilty would say that. I've known enough people who were molested that will not agree with you!

Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Oh really? Exposing the perverted appetites of men is indecent... Dude, you just gave yourself away, only the guilty or would-be guilty would say that. I've known enough people who were molested that will not agree with you!
Actually, plenty of folks agree with me, particularly those educated in human sexuality and anthropology. I do apologize for derailing, but I couldn't let a comment as ignorant as that pass.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Double WOW! Some people here are so compliant they truly scare me! About 7 years ago I heard a certain motivational speaker say that accepting all the TSA restrictions out of fear posed the question of how far they could go. He proposed the thought that if the "terrorists" invented an explosive that could be sewn to clothing - which is not really farfetched - and the TSA decided that checking clothes would be too time consuming, people would be required to travel naked and more than likely most would comply. You may think now that's outlandish, but not if you realized how we've been conditioned all these years...

Like someone said already this is NOT about our security but about CONTROL, we simply have been manipulated through FEAR! Anyone who knows anything about psychology is aware that FEAR is one of the greatest "motivators", not only of humans but animals as well. And all who seek to control others know it and learn to use it to their advantage. I was born in another country under a terrible tyranny that lasted 30 years, all I remember is when he was killed because then I was still a young child. People may wonder how anyone can exercise such control over others and for so long... Well, by fear of course! And of course, he didn't start out that way, he first won the people's favor at a time of great need by being "the benefactor of the homeland" (as he literally made himself to be called later on!). You'd think people learned their lesson, right? But the ironic thing is that only 6 years later (and one year after a Revolution in which precisely the U.S. intervened with the official "excuse" of keeping comunism away but really just to defend American interests such as gold and bauxite mining down there) the people elected the man who'd once been vice-president and even puppet-president during the dictatorship and said to be the "brains" behind the dictator. He was reelected for a total of 18 years (in 2 different periods), either that or he rigged some of the elections, and while he did a lot of good things for the country he also had quite a few people from the opposition killed... no journalist could speak against him without suffering the consequences.

Now, back to here. Think of this: First there were the 9/11 attacks, which left too many unanswered questions but we being good citizens, who in the majority don't know enough about physics or architecture to question certain things, trusted our government and accepted all its explanations, and when others raised questions we even thought they were "crazy". The "coup de grace" was delivered with the Anthrax hoax and the sacrifice of one man ("one for the higher purpose"). We were all in a panic, especially in South FL where the man died. So we all willingly accepted the X-raying of all our mail and the loss of more privacy and rights with "The Patriot Act"! It was approved in a hurry, and most people still don't have a clue about all that's in it (but you can do a search!). But hey, all for our "security"! And thus the wise words of Benjamin Franklin were totally disregarded.

Then Bush repeated inceasantly that we had to attack Iraq because Sadam was hiding "weapons of mass destruction" and harboring terrorists. Anyone ever heard that if a lie is repeated often enough even the liar begin to believe it? So most fell for it. And Afghanistan because of OBL, this time the appeal was on another great motivator: PRIDE. How dare "they" do this to the U.S.A! And like a bloodthirsty madman he instigated the masses to seek righteous "justice" which was really nothing other than primitive REVENGE. At that point my intuition rose up against that and, well, my intuition was RIGHT, there were no weapons of mass destruction at all! I couldn't believe that most people didn't have a problem with having been lied to and were happy to give Bush another 4 years (does that seem familiar now???) which culminated with the infamous FM & FM bailout with taxpayers money.

The war in Iraq has cost many more thousands of American lives than 9/11 took, and many more innocent civilian lives, but I guess since they're "the enemy"
- not even out of their own choice - most don't care. But they are every bit as human as we are! And what about the billions of TAX DOLLARS spent in keeping the war in Iraq and Afghanistan going when there is no useful purpose for them??? Mr. Obama promised to pull the troops out by a certain time, but he lied as well! Yet nobody sees the common point in that. Bush = Republican war monger, Obama = Democrat war monger. I wonder how many participants of this forum ever question WHY! Ever wonder WHO is profiting from all this??? Do yourselves a favor and Google "who's profiting from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars", then take a look at WHO's behind said companies, I promise you'll be shocked. And the same little group is laughing (at all of us) all the way to the bank (which incidentally somem them own...).

Lest someone says this post is "off-topic" I'll say go back to the beginning and read it again! The point I'm trying to make is that supporting the TSA blindly only proves how successful "their" plan to control us has been. We are systematically being conditioned through fear to accept being controlled, and trust me, it's not going to stop there. But those of you who blame Obama only are missing the point, the Republicans aren't any better, and IMO Willard didn't really want to win, nobody with any brains would say the things he did and expect not to lose votes, but people had to be given the illusion that there was another "savior" out there, now while "their" plan continues without a hitch the puppet "du jour" can continue to take all the blame for what they don't want to happen anyway. So WAKE UP ALREADY!
Kenneth, what is the frequency?

You should add a few layers to your tinfoil hat. You don't want the mind control rays to get in do you?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the 4th Amendment is never moot. the 4th Amendment trump any authority that anyone including congress has.
So I can go to an NFL game and when they ask to look in my bag tell them to talk to the hand? Next time I go to the courthouse can I just yell 4th Amendment as I walk past the guards and metal detectors?

You don't really think that the 4th Amendment gives people carte blanche to enter any area they want without being subject to any type of search do you?

Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Actually, plenty of folks agree with me, particularly those educated in human sexuality and anthropology. I do apologize for derailing, but I couldn't let a comment as ignorant as that pass.
Yeah, call it ignorant if that makes you feel better, it's the loss of morals in this country that's bringing everything down. I bet you don't believe in God so I will let such a comment as ignorant as that pass too.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Kenneth, what is the frequency?

You should add a few layers to your tinfoil hat. You don't want the mind control rays to get in do you?
I'm fine with anyone making fun with that stupid little line , but remember, he who laughs last laughs best. Just keep in mind that people in this country have had it too good to recognize evil when they see it... or maybe they're part of it and that's why it doesn't bother them! Can you say you lived under a dictatorship and/or that you've studied the psychology behind them??? I can't even feel sorry for people who are so totally clueless, they totally deserve to get what's coming.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
The TSA's mantra:

I VAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS!

Little by little America is becoming the new Nazi's of the world......

Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, call it ignorant if that makes you feel better, it's the loss of morals in this country that's bringing everything down. I bet you don't believe in God so I will let such a comment as ignorant as that pass too.
Of course I don't believe in God, by simple common sense, and I certainly don't believe in your medieval definition of morals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies