Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times

Advertisements

These people in Libya are proactive, i have high hopes for them, they are taking on terrorists on their own.

BENGHAZI, Libya - A Libyan Islamist militia was swept out of the eastern city of Benghazi in a popular protest against the armed groups that ran into the early hours of Saturday morning, Reuters witnesses said.

At least one person was killed and 20 wounded, a hospital source said, as militias tried to fight the demonstrators from a heavily fortified base. Gunfire could be heard in the area before the fighters were forced out.

Ansar al-Sharia has been linked to the attack on the US consulate in Benghazi last week in which the US ambassador to Libya and three other Americans died. It denies involvement.

Libya protest ousts Islamist militia from Benghazi -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
I'm glad someone is going after the terrorists in Libya, everybody knows the US is acting like they do not know who even did it.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
This will be interesting if Libyan people decide to take back they're country!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This will be interesting if Libyan people decide to take back they're country!
That is why I'm upbeat, we have not seen this in other countries in the Mid East, they just hide their heads and hope it all goes away, while they succumb to a slow death from any remaining vestiges of freedom.

I've seen other stories like this one, where the people are kicking out terror groups. Qaddafi would not allow Islamist groups to set up shop in Libya, and it looks like he was not alone in this feeling.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:41 PM

I don't remember hearing stories like this about Iraq.

I hope that at least one other country in the Mid East out there is filled with people who want peace and freedom, and are willing to fight for it. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of being the only only country where people are willing to fight for freedom, and put their asses on the line for what is right.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't remember hearing stories like this about Iraq.

I hope that at least one other country in the Mid East out there is filled with people who want peace and freedom, and are willing to fight for it. To tell you the truth, I'm tired of being the only only country where people are willing to fight for freedom, and put their asses on the line for what is right.
It is happening in other countries.

Tunisian secularists protest against Islamist rulers | Reuters

Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
I'm glad someone is going after the terrorists in Libya, everybody knows the US is acting like they do not know who even did it.
What terrorists? This was just some folks riled up about a Youtube video remember?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
What terrorists? This was just some folks riled up about a Youtube video remember?

Yup a Youtube video, that we heard about for two weeks straight, this day time show, nite time talk show host, the view, letterman, jimmie fallon, Jay.

Talk of this damn movie video nonesense. That actually had to get some people going too, they hear about a damn movie video, that could have only made the situation worse, and based on a damn lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies