Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:39 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You might want to lay off the fox news. We have progressed away from steam engines and oil lanterns, moving forward and not living in the dark ages forever isn't a bad thing
So what kind of government action finally got us away from steam engines and oil lanterns? What version of Solyndra did the government pour money down to accomplish this? What massive new regulations were put in place to drive us to new things?

None? No government action was needed? Market forces took care of it? Huh.

Green energy will be unstoppable when the economics become compelling. Until then, it is unsustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Sadly , the stricter regulations on businesses will be passed to the consumer. That is all of us.

The cost will always be passed to those who buy the products. How's the food prices in your area and gas and insurance etc.???. It will be worse under Obama. He wants $10 gas prices so we will have to use alternative ways to get around. Huffy and Schwinn will do well. Better get a big basket to go grocery shopping. Obama's dream for the USA..

Traffic in Shanghai, China - YouTube

Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,618,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Most are against nuclear because they don't even understand how they work. They just picture clouds of radiation melting skin and big mushroom clouds.

So you remain clueless like your German buddies as they throw piles of money at green ventures when their grid can't even handle it and then turn around and start plopping down more coal plants at the same time all the while paying for half the EU to sit around and do nothing. Ask your german buddies about that. I'm sure they love it.
So if I understand you correctly anyone who disagrees with you is an uneducated, ignorant, brainwashed sot ? And I am one of the "squealers" with third grade arguments ? Gotcha.

Did I just offend you with my "misuse" of the word Article ? Or did you already have your mind made up ?

So are you just going to throw your toys out of the pram and go for a sulk in the corner ? Very third grade you know...

The Nuclear phase out needs to be gradual ( at the moment the predicted end date if 2022 I think) and yes the German grid is finding it difficult at times to cope. This has nothing to do with renewables though but lack of investment from energy companies ( private sector companies having chosen the highest profits possible for the lowest investment possible), and speculators .

Nobody said that their targets of providing a large part of German energy with renewables was going to be a quick and easy path.

It is at the end of the day a pioneering path the German government is undertaking ( and the German voters seem to agree with the stance). So far renewables and the green industry in general have done extremely well and exceeded expectations. Over 26% of all German evergy needs are being met by renweables and I really fail to see how this could be anything but cause for celebration. Photovoltaic energy provision has not proven as efficient as anticipated and has had its subsidies cut in half by Merkel's government. The investment is now being funnelled more into Biomass, Hydropower but mostly Wind with large off shore wind turbines being built and more planned for the future. Off shore wind turbines have proven very successful including in the UK and Denmark.

What is so bloody wrong with harnessing Nature's power whichever form it takes ?

Do some issues need to be tweaked and is it always a smooth path ? No. But what they are doing is IMO ( which I know is utterly worthless as I am a total moron who does not understand how Nuclear works and only see clouds of radiation , melting skin and big mushroom clouds - with many millions of other ill educated morons, darn I thought German education was pretty darn impressive compared to some other countries I will not name but never mind, my bad...) remarkable, impressive and visionary. And yes there has to be a leap of faith at some point as there has been throughout history with every invention and discovery ever made.

At the moment we need to use a variety of methods to provide the energy we consume but as we go along and green energy become more efficient, cheaper and more widespread phasing out retrograde dirty, dangerous and polluting energy should be phased out.

I really cannot understand this visceral ( do I spell this right ,it is rather big word for my limited vocabulary) hatred to a gradual phasing out of dirty and polluting energy sources.

I simply cannot comprehend this hatred of anything even remotely radical or new, since when have different ways of looking at a problem and solving it been considered so terrifying and negative ?

We would have never left our "caves" ( which our ancestors never lived in but let's use that expression nonetheless) had we as humans been so violently been opposed to any form of new technology and the use of our brains and skills to move forward. This is what humans do. We evolve, we learn to approach problems and our human requirements in novel and different ways. We constantly change and improve how deal with life on this planet we call home.

This is just another form of industrial revolution. We should be welcoming anything which eventually cuts our dependency on fossil fuels or nuclear power.

We should also be aiming to reduce our energy requirements as much as possible, not because it is some hemp wearing, pot smoking, purple tye died Hippie crazy idea but because it makes sense, because waste is waste and because our resources are at the end of the day finite.

Thinking ahead and forward rather than cowering in the corner and resisting change with retrograde ideas that everything is fine as it is and nothing needs to change.

Green Energy makes sense. Is it all going to be going perfectly to begin with and no problems arising ? Of course not. Everything which is so revolutionary needs adjustments and tweaking and adapting to. What Germany is doing is brave and bold and I thought Americans considered themselves the ultimate pioneers and go getters so I am really surprised at the hatred on this forum.

As you just seem to like abusing people and call those who disagree with you idiots I think the ignore button beckons though. I don't need the aggro and I am pretty sure you do not want to stoop so low as to have and educate morons like myself.

I better get back to the pond slime I crawled out of and go and drool like the fool I am in a dark and damp corner.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Basically you aint seen nothing yet. The plans on the table will utterly destroy what is left of the US economy which is I think has been the goal of Obama and his ilk since being elected.

"President Obama has big plans to continue pushing his far left green agenda in a second term. As Politico
recently reported, Carol Browner, Obama’s former global warming czar and now chief campaign advocate just promised the radical environmental left they needn’t worry because they’ll get what they want:
I can tell you, having spent two years in the White House with the president, that this is not a fad. The
president believes deeply in these issues. At every turn he has looked at what are the tools available to
him to really help build a clean energy future for this country and has been committed throughout his
first four years in office, and there’s no doubt in my mind this will be a big part of his to-do list and he
will remain committed in the next four years.

Browner is referring to the slew of job-killing EPA regulations that the Obama-EPA has put on hold until after the election but will be on the “to-do” list for 2013. As the economy has continued to falter over the past year, team Obama has been delaying rule after rule that will eliminate American jobs, drive up the price of gas at the pump even more, impose construction bans on local communities, and essentially shut down American oil, natural gas, and coal production. They don’t want this economic pain to hit American families just before the election because it would cost President Obama votes, so they have simply decided to punt, intending to move full speed ahead if they gain a second term."

The plans for the destruction of the US are all at this link.........

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...7-b9ca21ddf148
In the letter to Obama, Inhofe referred to the report, saying "my primary concern is with the agency's refusal to be open and transparent about its regulatory agenda. Magnifying this concern is that EPA, in what appears to be a string of politically motivated decisions, has 'punted' or put on hold until after the election a number of economically damaging regulations, including greenhouse gas regulations, strict mandates for ground-level ozone, as well as guidance which seeks to greatly expand EPA's authority to regulate waters of the U.S."

Go here to read the full Inhofe letter.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Landmark Legal Foundation has filed suit against the EPA for the Agency's failure to produce information about regulations the EPA will issue after the November 6th election.

Landmark's new brief can be found by clicking this link:EPA Lawsuit

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times

I don't see any problem so long as we can live in the dark with no heat and go no where. But with no jobs where will we have to go?

This plan should work fine.

I see now why when last week when Obama said '
This time next year trucks will go twice as far on a gallon of gas. I was wrong when I laffed my a$$ off....

Trucks won't be going anywhere either..... A real win win......

The real culprit here is Bill Clinton for giving us the bloated idiots in the EPA... These people are so elite that not even the laws of physics bother them.

I wonder if this BS will apply to them too? If so they won't last the first 15 minutes.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM

13,026 posts, read 24,618,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
You do know why renewable in Germany works nomonily well?
Because the interconnected grid in the EU has France to lean on for voltage support...You know how that horsepower is generated right?
I know that perfectly well being French myself. France is a world leader in Nuclear Energy and far too reliant on it IMO. At some point French reliance on Nuclear Energy is going to have to be discussed maturely and with forward thinking. The Elephant in the room is getting larger as the years pass.

Actually Germany leans on both the French and Czech grid from time to time. And of course Russian gas ( as does most of Europe) It is called co-operation. That's what the EU is supposed to be about.

Gross underfunding of Grid infrastructure in the past decades by the Big Four especially and energy speculators have put a strain on the grid. Add to that that Germany's energy output is the fifth largest in the world due to their still having quite a lot of industry and the grid is not always going to be able to support demand.

I still do not see why Germany achieving their current renewables 26% plus share of current energy supply has anything to do with this though. Most German people demanded the phasing out of Nuclear Plants, most are opposed to yet more coal plants ( being planned to lessen dependency on French nuclear no doubt another total waste ) and most seem enthusiastic and very positive about the Green Industry. Isn't that what Democracy is about ?

I will now leave this thread as the tone of discussion is really so aggressive that there is no chance of having an actual intelligent,and reasonable debate though.

I should have known better, every time I join one of those threads I quickly realise it is simply about mindless attacking and insinuations about people being idiots and name calling. It feels like a playground quite frankly, a "nah, nah, nah, nah, if you disagree with me you are an idiot" and degenerates into name calling.

No I have no idea how Horsepower is generated, never went to school, nor university and I can barely read or tie my shoelaces without help from more enlightened souls...

Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Nothing says freedom like the factories dumping their waste into the water and so much pollution you can't even see down the street. Go communist China! The US should look just like them!
You might want to get used to that, because it is exactly where Obama is taking us. We already cleaned up a mess like that, probably before you were born and oddly with no help from Obama, OR the EPA!

Old 10-25-2012, 05:57 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,343,788 times
Quote:
Basically you aint seen nothing yet. The plans on the table will utterly destroy what is left of the US economy which is I think has been the goal of Obama and his ilk since being elected.

"President Obama has big plans to continue pushing his far left green agenda in a second term. As Politico
recently reported, Carol Browner, Obama’s former global warming czar and now chief campaign advocate just promised the radical environmental left they needn’t worry because they’ll get what they want:
I can tell you, having spent two years in the White House with the president, that this is not a fad. The
president believes deeply in these issues. At every turn he has looked at what are the tools available to
him to really help build a clean energy future for this country and has been committed throughout his
first four years in office, and there’s no doubt in my mind this will be a big part of his to-do list and he
will remain committed in the next four years.

Browner is referring to the slew of job-killing EPA regulations that the Obama-EPA has put on hold until after the election but will be on the “to-do” list for 2013. As the economy has continued to falter over the past year, team Obama has been delaying rule after rule that will eliminate American jobs, drive up the price of gas at the pump even more, impose construction bans on local communities, and essentially shut down American oil, natural gas, and coal production. They don’t want this economic pain to hit American families just before the election because it would cost President Obama votes, so they have simply decided to punt, intending to move full speed ahead if they gain a second term."

The plans for the destruction of the US are all at this link.........

Senator Inhofe and his staff's opinions of EPA discussions, are paid for by lobbyists of industries who want no regulations or restrictions. (Why do you think he referred to articles rather then actual regulations and proposals)

Old 10-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Chicken Little is at it again and lying like a rug as well. SSDD form KUclown.
Don't you recall when New England rivers looked like this and were cleaned up long before the EPA Bill Clintons invention came to be?

Greg you better go back to post 1 and just read the link......... Oh yeah the rivers

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies