Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:28 AM

45,396 posts, read 26,983,057 times

Advertisements

This is funny - the guy has got guts.

Citizen Tries To Pull Over A Cop - YouTube

Is this not how it works... those making and enforcing the laws are often operate outside of the laws they want enforced?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2012, 10:25 AM

8,076 posts, read 10,035,259 times
How many times do you see a cop driving without a seat belt, talking on a cell phone, or driving poorly (such as illegal lane changes, failure to signal, speeding, or disregarding traffic signals)?

Part of the poor image that law enforcement has is due to the arrogance displayed by many of the individuals who are recruited. I had a run in with a cop who was speeding (going nowhere other than to pick up the proverbial donuts) and when i yelled at him to slow down he pulled ME over. We ended up in court, where the judge admonished him for displaying poor judgement, if not illegal behavior.

When i filed a complaint with the State Police to at least get a 'warning' placed in the cops file, a very sympathetic captain came to my home and we talked about the situation. He was VERY apologetic, told me that the cop had been placed on probation, and then went on to explain that they have a very difficult time recruiting educated personnel, which leads to ending up with a bunch of thugs in uniforms. "We have to give them a gun, and a powerful car, and their egos just go crazy".

It is just a bad situation. Cops should lead by example; and not just hide in the weeds waiting to grab a few dollars to support their continued existence. That the cop in this film didn't even buckle up and thank the motorist for potentially saving his life just personifies everything that is wrong with police behavior.

Sadly, it is an opportunity to improve society which goes unmet.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM

58,736 posts, read 27,080,924 times
I was in traffic court and witnessed a man get off for speeding because he asked the judge why was it OK for the cop to be speeding, pacing him, without his lights and siren on as required by the states law.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM

45,135 posts, read 26,317,877 times
Laws for thee and not for weeeeee!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM

19 posts, read 12,330 times
A cops worst nightmare is a video camera. No point in trying to confront a cop. Just take a pic and post it on youtube or send it to the news.

Right now in Philly we have a cop who has over a dozen complaints including sexual assault. Several complaints aer actually by other cops. The guy just keeps getting promoted. The crooked blue fraternity does not want to do anything but eventually somone will video this scumbag and then he will end up in jail.

Despite a litany of complaints & lawsuits, why is Carl Holmes being promoted again?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by code.red View Post
A cops worst nightmare is a video camera. No point in trying to confront a cop. Just take a pic and post it on youtube or send it to the news.

Right now in Philly we have a cop who has over a dozen complaints including sexual assault. Several complaints aer actually by other cops. The guy just keeps getting promoted. The crooked blue fraternity does not want to do anything but eventually somone will video this scumbag and then he will end up in jail.

Despite a litany of complaints & lawsuits, why is Carl Holmes being promoted again?

And a video, and proof, says more then any words could ever say. How is one going to argue with a video, as to what is taking place.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
That's fantastic - and something my father would do (I was in the car once when he tried to pull a cop over for not using a turn signal). I think police officers, as enforcers of the law, should be held to a higher standard than the public when it comes to following them.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:49 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,967,571 times
Well what happened after he pulled over? Did the cop beat the snot out of him and plant some weed in his car and arrest him?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
I once placed a handmade parking citation on a window of a patrol car who was illegally parked.

Maybe he got the message - and maybe he didn't.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:52 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well what happened after he pulled over? Did the cop beat the snot out of him and plant some weed in his car and arrest him?
The cop in the video looked more curious then anything - like "what is this nut up to".

The guy didn't do anything illegal - and the cop probally doesn't want to let the fact that he was breaking the law get any further.

I bet they just had a little chat - the guy told the cop to obey the law next time - and they went their merry ways - ideally both being buckled up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies