Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 02:19 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
This is the written equivalent of tucking your tail between your legs and scurrying away. What a weak willed individual you are to not respond to thoughtful questions surrounding this topic and making up trite, lame excuses.

What a failure.
thoughtful questions???? they really werent very good questions. why is a definition of death relevant to this discussion? is the implication that a dead person is the same as a fertilized egg??? come on, the fertilized egg has a future if you dont interfere and stop it from developing. the dead person has no future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 02:25 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no, it isn't about "women wanting to snuff out a life" it is about our rights to privacy and the ability to make our own health care choices about our own bodies.
So that's how you frame the argument: it's about privacy. I frame the argument as being about a life that was existent until somebody excercised their choice to end that life.

I agree with you that privacy is very important. It's just not MORE important than the issue of not ending lives out of convenience.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:32 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
So that's how you frame the argument: it's about privacy. I frame the argument as being about a life that was existent until somebody excercised their choice to end that life.

I agree with you that privacy is very important. It's just not MORE important than the issue of not ending lives out of convenience.

roe v wade is based on privacy.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:38 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
so women should be allowed to murder someone because they inconvenience them? i love women and dont want to take away their rights. except when it comes to murdering babies.
I hate how republicans think nine months of hell is an inconvenience.

You men should be on your hands and knees that we even think about having children given how much it takes us to do so.

You don't love women unless you understand that we and we alone have the right to determine if we remain pregnant. You, like most Republicans, simply view women as vessels who will murder people if you don't watch us carefully enough. It's disgusting.

Women are people. Fertilized eggs are just fertilized eggs. A man who can't the difference between the two should not be allowed within ten feet of either one.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
If the point of this thread is to be angry with the .0001% of Republicans who think even when the mother's life is in danger, one must not abort, then fine. I'm angry at those Republicans too.

If the point of this thread is to use the .0001% as a rallying cry against Romney (who is not included in that number), or for any sort of general inflammatory purposes against the GOP, then shame on all of you.
It's stunning that there are actually elected representatives that have this philosophy, cases of rape are god's will and should go to term. It may be a small percentage of congressmen but there is virtually no criticism from the party leaders, how constituents continue to elect anyone with these ideals absolutely incomprehensible.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's stunning that there are actually elected representatives that have this philosophy, cases of rape are god's will and should go to term. It may be a small percentage of congressmen but there is virtually no criticism from the party leaders, how constituents continue to elect anyone with these ideals absolutely incomprehensible.
i dont believe in any religion and im not exactly sure of this guys quote, but if you believe in an almighty god (which i believe most people do in some form or another) dont you basically believe that everything that happens is his will?

Old 10-26-2012, 02:42 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times
Quote:
thoughtful questions???? they really werent very good questions. why is a definition of death relevant to this discussion? is the implication that a dead person is the same as a fertilized egg??? come on, the fertilized egg has a future if you dont interfere and stop it from developing. the dead person has no future.
Oh no it isn't. Why are you Republicans always so horrifyingly ignorant of biology? About half of all fertilized eggs are incapable of becoming a person because they don't have the right genetic material. A significant percentage of pregnancies will end in early miscarriages. Even at 5 weeks the risks of miscarriage from genetic anamolies are not insignificant.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Oh no it isn't. Why are you Republicans always so horrifyingly ignorant of biology? About half of all fertilized eggs are incapable of becoming a person because they don't have the right genetic material. A significant percentage of pregnancies will end in early miscarriages. Even at 5 weeks the risks of miscarriage from genetic anamolies are not insignificant.
so? its a very fragile stage in a human's development. not all of them make it. but there is a difference between dying from natural causes and dying because another person directly interfered to stop your development. its funny how someone is such a genius because they say the obvious and claim others dont know biology. i think everyone knows that not all fertilized eggs survive.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
of course i can answer them. you think i havent answered those questions before? this isnt my first abortion debate. of course, i cant answer them to his satisfaction. which question were you most impressed by? actually, i think his suggestion that we would might have to do extra paperwork if we beleved life starts at conception because we would need a death certificate for every miscarriage was new. as if im supposed to say, "oh gee, thats a lot more paperwork. im going to change my position on what i believe is murder!"

i dont have any religious beliefs. my position doesnt come from religion. it comes from my realizing that if you think an abortion isnt killing a baby, you are kidding yourself. its just a belief of convenience so that people can end unwanted pregnancies.
I have no issue with the questions.
Apparently you do, otherwise you would have answered them, and not called them silly, but I digress....
I'm intelligent enough to know that nothing I can say is going to change your mind, but here something to ponder.
The one unknowable thing here is this; when does the soul enter the body before birth?
I dont know, you dont know, neither does Billy Graham, the Pope, or for that matter, Stephen Hawking.
Until that niggley little detail can be answered with with authority, the whole "life begins at conception" campaign is so much blarney.
One more thing, you have your right to your opinion, just as I have the right to mine.
What you dont have the right to do is to attempt to control anyone elses body.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM

679 posts, read 614,783 times
Quote:
so? its a very fragile stage in a human's development. not all of them make it. but there is a difference between dying from natural causes and dying because another person directly interfered to stop your development.
So you're saying that all birth control is killing a person. Since it is possible to have a fertilized egg occur and not lead to a full term pregnancy because the birth control directly interferes....is that killing a person as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies