Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Q: Why haven't we nuked North Korea and Iran yet?

A: Because there are not nearly enough people in Congress who think as you do.

Most people probably think that's a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 02:50 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
OP - it would make much more sense to divert a small asteroid to turn those places into giant glowing craters but without any radiation to poison the rest of us. Unfortunately the explosive release of that much energy, nuclear or kinetic, would have substantial worldwide effects that most of us would not like.

The best solution is to interact with these countries in order to improve their overall economies to western levels so they would be less enraged by their own poverty. Then they, but maybe not their insane leaders, might not want to nuke anyone.

Old 07-10-2014, 03:06 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKmachine View Post
Okay I know I'm going against my own faith but even saying this (I'm Christian) but the longer these two countries are around the stronger they will become. There's no doubt in my mind that they both have nuclear weapons, weapons of mass destruction that could do some serious damage to this country. Its like we're trying to stall World War III, even though its already started when you think about it. Its better for us to strike first and before we have another 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.
Who cares if they have nuclear weapons? So do we. A lot of countries have nuclear weapons. How is nuking them going to stop them from using theirs? Do we really want to be the cause of a massive nuclear war?

World War III has not already started. That's is laughably stupid. There's not a conflict anywhere on Earth that reaches the level of the first world war, let alone the second. If a World War III happens, I can't imagine Iran or North Korea are going to be major players anyway. They're not world powers. They don't have the influence that Germany did in both wars.

Even so, nuking a country in a world full of powerful nations who also have nuclear arms is not a good idea. It would do far more long term harm than good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies