Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM

39,845 posts, read 26,477,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Very sad that the media has chosen to take this road. Does not leave much hope for future reporting does it.
Exactly. Obama didn't win the presidency...the media did it for him. Maybe that's part of the problem, he's never had to do anything for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:42 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,439,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
"Folks??"

"You're right that this is not a situation that was exactly the same as what happened in Egypt, and my suspicion is, is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start."

Why is it so hard to call a terrorist, a "terrorist?" Even in his Rose Garden speech, they were "killers" and "attackers."
An act of terror could be a shooting in a school but does not mean it is a terrorist attack. Anything violent can be named a act of terror but again does not mean it is a terrorist attack.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. Obama didn't win the presidency...the media did it for him. Maybe that's part of the problem, he's never had to do anything for himself.
No and it starts with community organizing and him taking credit for things that others started and finished like in Altgeld in Chicago.
In his memoir he claims he initiated and led efforts that put Altgelds asbestos problems in the headlines

BUT:......................

Others say different...............

They say Obama did not play the singular role in the asbestos episode that he portrays in the best-selling memoir "Dreams From My Father:

"Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true," said longtime Altgeld resident Hazel Johnson, who worked with Obama on the asbestos campaign and had been pushing for a variety of environmental cleanups years before he arrived

http://www.africanamerica.org/fileSe...ritics_say.pdf

Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
We forget the horror the ambassador went through- taken alive...punch - kicked to a bloody mess..tormented while he lay helpless in pain and terror...I feel so sorry for this man and those that died with him..Intelligent -caring men on a mission- in good faith trying to repair Libya...and then to be made vulnerable while some chumps in charge sat drinking beer and having a laugh.

These deceased men were martyred and ready to give up their lives to assist the common Libyan and to serve America...They were not cowards or light weights...Just to be there showed utter bravery...but it seems that GOOD men...are hated by those without substance and intelligence.

I saw a photo of the scene at the embassy....It was horrific...it made you want to cry...Did Obama or Hilary weep? Or did they just put on the usual plastic sad face for the camera and proclaim that they are going to get the FILM MAKER...when it was not the film maker how killed these poor people. If you want to be right- the first thing you have to do is take responsibility for your own inaction....You can not be right till you admit first that you were wrong-

There is no admission of failure on the part of Obama and the rest of his group. If Obama would say- Yes- it was my mistake...I should have taken care of those who served the nation abroad and ensured their safety at all cost.

If he did this - this admission of failure .....He would gain respect from the people- HE IS TO STUPID TO DO THE RIGHT THING> that is his weakness. Strong people do not need to lie- WEAK PEOPLE LIE.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
We forget the horror the ambassador went through- taken alive...punch - kicked to a bloody mess..tormented while he lay helpless in pain and terror...I feel so sorry for this man and those that died with him..Intelligent -caring men on a mission- in good faith trying to repair Libya...and then to be made vulnerable while some chumps in charge sat drinking beer and having a laugh.

These deceased men were martyred and ready to give up their lives to assist the common Libyan and to serve America...They were not cowards or light weights...Just to be there showed utter bravery...but it seems that GOOD men...are hated by those without substance and intelligence.

I saw a photo of the scene at the embassy....It was horrific...it made you want to cry...Did Obama or Hilary weep? Or did they just put on the usual plastic sad face for the camera and proclaim that they are going to get the FILM MAKER...when it was not the film maker how killed these poor people. If you want to be right- the first thing you have to do is take responsibility for your own inaction....You can not be right till you admit first that you were wrong-

There is no admission of failure on the part of Obama and the rest of his group. If Obama would say- Yes- it was my mistake...I should have taken care of those who served the nation abroad and ensured their safety at all cost.

If he did this - this admission of failure .....He would gain respect from the people- HE IS TO STUPID TO DO THE RIGHT THING> that is his weakness. Strong people do not need to lie- WEAK PEOPLE LIE.
No they were not weeping for these men while watching it in real time.
If any weeping is being done it is for themselves for being caught in a lie they cannot climb out of.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:32 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No they were not weeping for these men while watching it in real time.
If any weeping is being done it is for themselves for being caught in a lie they cannot climb out of.
What a bunch of little weasels. There is not real reason to lie...it just does not help in the long run as we clearly see now. My wife married early and divorced her husband. I got to know the guy pretty well. This man was remarkable- I had never seen anyone like him...Telling lies was normal for him. It was his way of life...the guy was just one huge stream of useless deception-there was no reason for it.

It made me wonder how habitual liars are formed. I assume in childhood they had an abusive parent. They learned early that the only way to protect themselves from abuse was to lie...I have seen families like this- There is no trust...everything is about secrecy and lying is normal...Once you grow up you take this bad habit and practice it for a life time.

I would say that folks like Obama...did NOT have a good and trusting relationship with his Muslim father...that when he was at school and wanted to drink and smoke dope..that his Muslim father would have been mortified. That if he wanted to have pre-marital sex...He would have to hide the fact from the father- If he ate pork...the had to lie..

Also being a small man - I am sure he as a kid had to lie to avoid getting bullied by the bigger boys. The man can not help it...He survived the best he could and deception was his prime tool.

PROBLEM- this character flaw can not be tolerated in a President....To push forward non-reality as a way of sustaining himself can only bring disaster to AMERICA.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:13 AM

998 posts, read 1,214,846 times

Old 10-27-2012, 10:42 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...e&VID=23856771
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies