Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 09:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Many of us have been noting this for a long time.

He speaks the truth. And yet, people will continue to call him an old kook. I don't know about you, but IMO he is quite sane. Oh well. You can lead a horse to water....

Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Gary Johnson is the UnCola.
Johnson is for abortion, same-sex marriage, and interventionist foreign policy.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You mean that guy who somehow managed not to win a single Republican primary, despite being the second coming of Jesus Christ Himself?
People are stupid, they follow the sparkly product with the pretty cover, marketing is everything.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Johnson is for abortion, same-sex marriage, and interventionist foreign policy.
he is pro choice,pro marriage which equals pro freedom he is not for interventionism he is for humanitarian war intervention...not invading a country for not following the US's orders...

Old 10-26-2012, 09:53 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
You stole my thunder from 4 years ago. I like Ron Paul and would vote for him if Republicans gave Conservatives a chance.

This is coming from a liberal, but I am honest a liberal. I don't like Democrats like most Conservative don't like Republicans. I'd rather deal with an honest Conservative than a moderate (i.e. Obama democrat).
Obama... a moderate? Clinton is a moderate, JFK was a moderate. Obama is so far to the left he may as well be driving in the UK.

Libertarians are moderates. We are mostly social liberals, fiscal conservatives, and pro-small-government. Unfortunately Libertarians have nowhere to hang their hats except in the Republican party. The DNC has no room for cautious spenders and all of their moderates/blue bloods are history.

Wasserman-Schultz is the new face of the DNC

Her politifact rating =

Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
... and to do so he had to run far to the right, where he has mostly remained. Or do you think his selection of Paul Ryan was a sign of liberalism?
You can't keep carrying the banner for more wars, and say you are going to rein in spending. They are only promoting slowing the spending, which won't make any difference for the little people. The liberals are right, in that the poor get poorer and the rich get richer n fatter.
Neither talks about the Constitution, repealing or ending the Patriot Act, NDAA, TSA molesters, or the Federal Reserve audit.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
he is pro choice,pro marriage which equals pro freedom he is not for interventionism he is for humanitarian war intervention...not invading a country for not following the US's orders...

These are all good things, and yet the sheeple will call him a kook as well. To me voting for this candidate or others similar to him is a no-brainer.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Yes, that's true. He is against intervention, and for cutting military spending by 43%.

His stance on abortion and gay-marriage forces me to not support him. I still plan to write in Ron Paul.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Difference bwtween Romney to Obama is same as the difference between Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi. Same stuff with a slightly different flavor.
Yes

Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Ron Paul is correct. Obama and Romney agree 100% on foreign policy and when it comes down to it, that is the only thing a President has control over.

Watching the last "debate" was amusing. This election has been like a horrible reality show intended for trash tv.

I am keeping my own conscious clean and voting for Jill Stein.
The rest of you can continue to have Corporate Media dictate to you that 'your candidate' is completely different from his opponent, even when there is staggering evidence to suggest otherwise.

It's sad that people are so easily misled. You'd think having these two puppets running against each other in such an important time in our history would bring Americans together to finally say "ENOUGH, we need a real leader"!

But working like a charm every time, the divide and distract method has prevailed.
What is it about Stein that separates her from the rest for you? Green party is liberal and talks a lot about gw or climate change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies