Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Mourdock's view that rape is something god intended?
Yes, he is correct. Jesus is the lord and savior that made it happen 5 10.64%
No, Mourdock is a nutcase just as Willard is to endorse him. 42 89.36%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Liberals don't even KNOW that Mourdock's Democratic opponent feels exactly the same way....he is also pro-life and believes life begins with conception.

Maybe he's a Tea Party Democrat????
The issues is not when life begins, but whether or not his comment is accurate (or appropriate) when he said the rape was "will of God".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The issues is not when life begins, but whether or not his comment is accurate (or appropriate) when he said the rape was "will of God".
He DID NOT say the RAPE was the will of God.

He said that it's the will of God WHEN any life is created.

His opponent has stated the same

Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Just days ago tea party senate candidate Mourdock stated that a women getting raped is "Something that god indented to happen"

To most this seems to be outrageous, though Willard Romney has gone as far as to make appear in a campaign ad to support Mourdock.

How anyone with an ounce of sanity could support these lunatics is beyond me, but why would you?
the tea party is an economy focused group that promotes smaller government and fiscal responsibility. they dont have views on this subject. thats not to say that the members dont all have their own opinions on every topic out there (with great variation among them) but thats not the focus of the group and i havent seen tea party leaders try to establish official group policies on social issues.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
/\ What's wrong with my wife being barefoot and wearing an apron? Ever think she likes being barefoot after having shoes on all day and she doesn't like getting clothes dirty when cooking? Sheesh..
to remain barefoot and wear an apron for the entire lifespan=neo-tard horse tea drinkers. You didn't get it, quick, turn around, it's right behind you.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
He DID NOT say the RAPE was the will of God.

He said that it's the will of God WHEN any life is created.

His opponent has stated the same
What does no comprende mean

Old 10-26-2012, 08:33 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Additionally....what are your feelings about Obama being the ONLY Illinois legislator to NOT vote in favor of protecting rape victims in 1999?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:33 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,455 times
Oh I know what you meant...so you say they are wrong for trying to control women's lives yet you are doing the same thing saying they shouldn't be wearing aprons and being barefoot...bit of a hypocrite.Oh and my mother did both. She worked and she cooked wearing an apron and always took her shoes off when she came home,my wife does the same thing!Its none of your business if traditional values are kept in place you seem to think you are defending women who don't want your defending.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:36 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Default Do You Support Mourdock's/The Tea Party's View On Woman's Rights?

Here's what I think...

If these whacked out nutjob right wing men who loudly talk about a rape pregnancy being "god's will" were at any risk themselves for such a pregnancy, there'd be no discussion of the issue. They'd all be against making it government policy to try to control the most individual of individual behavior.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Oh I know what you meant...so you say they are wrong for trying to control women's lives yet you are doing the same thing saying they shouldn't be wearing aprons and being barefoot...bit of a hypocrite.Oh and my mother did both. She worked and she cooked wearing an apron and always took her shoes off when she came home,my wife does the same thing!Its none of your business if traditional values are kept in place you seem to think you are defending women who don't want your defending.
You don't understand my POV.

What does no comprende mean

Quote:
Additionally....what are your feelings about Obama being the ONLY Illinois legislator to NOT vote in favor of protecting rape victims in 1999?
please take us back in time to the carter years, we like fun.
shall I begin posting willard flip flop videos again?
If willard endorses that man, one would think these republicans? could at least be on, or get on the same page, sheesh!
Willard: pro choice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdVRB9x_DAA

Willard: pro life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr9DmX01tJk

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 10-26-2012 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-26-2012, 08:41 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
Quote:
To be fair, he didn't VOTE against it..
he was a bit conflicted by the entire notion..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies