Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 08:10 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Because a pet is physically and mentally incapable of consenting to marriage, so legally that would be equivalent to rape or indentured servitude...

Marriage is not sex. You can have marriage without sex. So marriage is not rape. Sex with a non consenting party is rape.

And who gave you the authority to decide that you should have consent for a marriage?

You are just like the man/woman marriage advocates. You just want to define marriage as you see fit.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
SSM advocates are very self centered and totally ignore the right to plural marriage. So yes, consenting adults cannot marry other consenting adults. SSM marriage advocates are looking for special government controlled privileges.
I personally don't care if plural marriages are made legal. Not my cup of tea, but who am I to tell other consenting adults what they can do.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:13 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
But you support some marriage laws and not others. You have decided which marriage laws you think are good. That's fine, but millions of people don't agree with your opinion.
Not true. I support all types of marriages, since again, a relationship with your dog would be RAPE - and no matter how much further you stretch, rape is not a relationship. Do you support rape?

Quote:
People who support only man/woman marriage laws are NO different than you. They have their opinions and you have yours. You cannot complain about man/woman marriage laws and support other forms of marriage restrictions. That's hypocritical.
I can complain about whatever I want, but unlike you, I also respect other opinions. You have every right to your opinion, just as I have every right to mine... and I'm not being hypocritical, since as I said multiple times, I'm not opposed to any form of MARRIAGE. Marry your sister, three women, a man, or whatever; doesn't matter to me, so long as no rape or forcible servitude is being perpetrated.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Not true. I support all types of marriages, since again, a relationship with your dog would be RAPE - and no matter how much further you stretch, rape is not a relationship. Do you support rape?
Marriage and sex are entirely different events. A relationship with my dog would not involve sex.

Nobody that I know of supports rape. I don't support sex with animals. Do you?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Marriage is not sex. You can have marriage without sex. So marriage is not rape. Sex with a non consenting party is rape.
True, which is why I included the term "indentured servitude." That doesn't always involve sex, does it?

Quote:
And who gave you the authority to decide that you should have consent for a marriage?
Have you mistaken me for the Supreme Court? Because you keep asking how I've been given this authority, when I am clearly not the one who made these laws... I'm just informing you of them, since you seem to be grossly unaware. I've also said I wouldn't care if they were changed, so learn to read already. We're really arguing in circles now, as you clearly can't just admit your preconceived notions of me (and the SSM supporters in general) were dead wrong.

Quote:
You are just like the man/woman marriage advocates. You just want to define marriage as you see fit.
READ READ READ. They say it's fundamental, LOL.

For the last - and I mean LAST - time, I couldn't care less how marriage is "defined." Matter of fact, I wish we could just dissolve the whole institution of marriage altogether. Clearly it causes nothing but trouble, since people like you get stuck insisting we DEFINE it, rather than just looking at the legal & tangible aspects. We should just let people have their little religious ceremonies if they want, or sign legal contracts if they don't want a ceremony. Plain and simple.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I can complain about whatever I want, but unlike you, I also respect other opinions. You have every right to your opinion, just as I have every right to mine... and I'm not being hypocritical, since as I said multiple times, I'm not opposed to any form of MARRIAGE. Marry your sister, three women, a man, or whatever; doesn't matter to me, so long as no rape or forcible servitude is being perpetrated.

I also support the right to determine what marriage means to you. I think government should have NO involvement in marriage. Marriage should be a personal or religious event.

I do not support SSM marriage since that just expands government power to control marriage and gives special privileges to another group of people.

Rape and servitude are unrelated to marriage.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Marriage and sex are entirely different events. A relationship with my dog would not involve sex.

Nobody that I know of supports rape. I don't support sex with animals. Do you?
Obviously not, since I said multiple times I don't support rape. Okay, so "marry" your dog if you want - just don't have sex with him/her, and I really couldn't care less! Happy now?

Hey, maybe this could be a new business venture... people already have "marriage ceremonies" between their dogs, so why not have them between a human & dog? Again, I don't care if you call Fluffy your wife, as long as you're not sexually abusing her.

What a strange conversation.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,821 times
I have yet to hear a valid argument against gay marriage. Don't play the religious card, I don't care what your God has to say about civil governance. Comparing it to incest and bestiality is insipid beyond measure. Plural marriage is fine if its consensual.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
If you are both consenting adults...go for it.

I admit that I do have a gut level "eek" reaction to the idea but I don't seek to control other people's lives.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:06 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
SSM advocates are very self centered and totally ignore the right to plural marriage. So yes, consenting adults cannot marry other consenting adults. SSM marriage advocates are looking for special government controlled privileges.
Fail.

I support SSM and plural marriage. Honestly I believe marriage in the legal sense should be abolished altogether. The only time the government should step in in terms of defining relationships is to protect non-consenting sentient beings (re: children, animals) from being forced into any sort of arrangement against their consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies