Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 06:08 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Actually, evidence shows he shot "at least 8 times" into the car with 4 teenage boys just sitting in it listening to music. His lawyer is using Florida's "Stand Your Ground" defense because Mr. Dunn claims he "felt threatened." I guess he's saying that the loud music was threatening his life?

Why would someone even care that some kids were blasting music in a gas station parking lot? He didn't have to pull his car up next to them in the first place.
Exactly!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
And people like George Zimmerman who decide they're entitled to play judge, jury and executioner; he didn't have a bit of trouble passing judgement on Trayvon Martin, with no sign that Martin was engaged in any criminal activity.
I'm getting a little tired of this claim. Zimmerman knew that there had been burglaries in his neighborhood. It was raining when Zimmerman called the police and reported that someone he did not know was cutting between houses in the rain in his development, and Zimmerman reported it looked like the person was on drugs. There were burglaries in the neighborhood. Martin did not live there, so Zimmerman would not have recognized him. It was raining and Martin did have drugs in his system and was known to use drugs. Although Martin might not have been engaged in criminal activity at the time, there was certainly enough reason for Zimmerman to investigate further.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I'm getting a little tired of this claim. Zimmerman knew that there had been burglaries in his neighborhood. It was raining when Zimmerman called the police and reported that someone he did not know was cutting between houses in the rain in his development, and Zimmerman reported it looked like the person was on drugs. There were burglaries in the neighborhood. Martin did not live there, so Zimmerman would not have recognized him. It was raining and Martin did have drugs in his system and was known to use drugs. Although Martin might not have been engaged in criminal activity at the time, there was certainly enough reason for Zimmerman to investigate further.
Martin had no meaningful drug levels in his system. He had trace amounts of THC, nothing that would alter behavior.

On the other hand, Zimmerman, who wasn't tested (and should have been) was admittedly on several psychotropic medications.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subconscious View Post
The proof has been given. Martin was on his cellphone talking to his girlfriend when he was attacked. that has been verified.
No, he was on the phone with his girlfriend when Zimmerman first began to follow him, before any attack by anyone.. Zimmerman broke off his pursuit of Martin and Martin returned to attack Zimmerman.. That is what I have read... I don't know... "I" wasn't there... Were you??

Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
The high resolution pics of Zimmerman with a severely broken nose....that is going to go a long way in making a 2nd degree murder conviction VERY TOUGH.
There is no report that he had a severely broken nose. When he went to his doctor he was referred to another and he never went.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
He was not formally placed under arrest on the night of the shooting. Detained, but not arrested. The police took his self-defense word at face value and released him the same night.
See, this is where people get into trouble. They think that just because you don't get booked and spend the night in the slammer you were not arrested. Then they wonder why they get fired or denied a permit for something for lying on the "arrest" question on an application. There is no such thing as being "placed formally under arrest." You are either under arrest or you're not.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Martin had no meaningful drug levels in his system. He had trace amounts of THC, nothing that would alter behavior.

On the other hand, Zimmerman, who wasn't tested (and should have been) was admittedly on several psychotropic medications.
What if he was on "psychotropic" medications? What medications was he allegedly on (and I really don't know, I hadn't heard about him being on anything).

Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
There is no report that he had a severely broken nose. When he went to his doctor he was referred to another and he never went.
It looks broken, but you can't tell for sure without an x-ray. In my experience, noses are usually broken if they're deformed like that. It's not like an ankle where a bad sprain can easily look like a break.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
In reality, the community in question contained hundreds of houses, and it appears that most of the people in the immediate area did not recognize Zimmerman, nor did he seem to recognize them. In addition, Zimmerman did not report that Martin was "cutting between houses", he instead stated that Martin was near the clubhouse, and that he was "walking around, looking about". From this he concluded that Martin was "up to no good, or on drugs, or something", meaning that he had no specific complaints about Martin's behavior.

Also, Martin had no significant drugs in his system, as ellemint has stated. And he was not "up to no good" merely walking home from the store.

Contrast this to the other 911 calls in this case. People immediately describe a fight, or hearing a gunshot. In other words, things that require actual police investigation.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, he was on the phone with his girlfriend when Zimmerman first began to follow him, before any attack by anyone.. Zimmerman broke off his pursuit of Martin and Martin returned to attack Zimmerman.. That is what I have read... I don't know... "I" wasn't there... Were you??
The big problem with that is we only have zimmerman's account of what happened. That is what everyone has been reading. OF COURSE he's not going to say he accosted martin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies