Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,849,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No matter what race ya are...Don't take fists to a gunfight. We all bleed red.
Yeah, and that's what a lot of people don't get...

Trayvon Martin was just walking home. He wasn't looking for a fight at all.

This was 100% George Zimmerman's doing.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Leatherman That guy had gz guilty of murder 1 Before he was arrested --- "Therefore, Zimmerman’s claim of self-defense should be rejected and he should be charged with intentional murder."

The clown who wrote --- "In addition, EMS documents obtained by the New York Daily News do not support Zimmerman’s claim that he sustained physical injuries during his confrontation with Trayvon Martin."

I'm fine with using biased, one-sided sources of opinion, but I did want anyone unfamiliar with Leatherman's blog to know where he's coming from.
In other words, if someone disagrees with you, he is "one-sided" and "biased" but you're not? Okay.

Zimmerman did not sustain serious enough injuries to require emergency medical treatment. IIRC, he went home and his wife, a student, patched him up with bandages. Then he went to his doctor, but he didn't even have a concussion. Have you ever banged your head? If someone was slamming your head into a sidewalk and you began losing consciousness, you wouldn't be able to aim, shoot and then get up and walk around. Giving Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt, I watched the videos of his interviews when they were released and (a) they were not consistent with his earlier statements and (b) he's seen too many movies. People don't say "you got me" after being shot in the chest with a hollow point bullet. Zimmerman even said he "forgot" he was carrying a gun.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
In other words, if someone disagrees with you, he is "one-sided" and "biased" but you're not? Okay.[snip].
Someone who claimed gz committed murder 1 last March is biased. He bought every single anti-gz allegation and ran with it. There are people who I agree with who I also think are biased and one-sided.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
I'll admit I am biased, but to date, everything I have thought and said in Zimm's favor has turned out to be true. I don't read foolish blogs, even ones dragged here for attention and to bolster someone's goofy opinion. I do follow it in the news, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know when to toss stories (NBC, anyone?). Most of it is nothing but common sense and life experience. Providing a link to a silly story does not legitimize the story.

Unless there's something that has been hidden and nobody knows about, Zimm will walk, as he should.

I got the crap bashed out of me on another forum during the Anthony trial. I followed it with open eyes and no prejudice. The chance of her being convicted was about zero and I said so. All the weepy little forum members who couldn't see past the picture of the little girl thought I was a horrible person for thinking that based on the evidence, Casey should go free. Boo hoo! lol.

Juries do flaky things from time to time (OJ), but for the most part, they take their job seriously and don't allow themselves to be prostituted by what they've heard pre-trial, and certainly not by published images of angelic little creatures taken years before. Every jury I've been part of was made up of professional people who considered jury duty an honor and, yes, a duty. It was never treated lightly.

Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,745,177 times
Last I heard, Skittles were NOT a weapon: Zimmerman needs to burn...

Old 12-08-2012, 05:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
If Ted Bundy had kept Skittles on him he would be a free man today.

Cop 1: Well, I just found a rape kit, bloody clothing and Skittles.

Cop 2: Let him go.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
If Ted Bundy had kept Skittles on him he would be a free man today.

Cop 1: Well, I just found a rape kit, bloody clothing and Skittles.

Cop 2: Let him go.

What an intelligent post. So now Trayvon Martin was a serial killer?

Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
What an intelligent post. So now Trayvon Martin was a serial killer?
Did I say that? All I am saying is the Skittles crap means nothing. If I start beating on someone the fact I have Skittles in my pocket does not make me innocent.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Did I say that? All I am saying is the Skittles crap means nothing. If I start beating on someone the fact I have Skittles in my pocket does not make me innocent.
Of course, but that's not what you wrote. You said if Ted Bundy were arrested carrying a bag of Skittles, he would be a free man. I'm only repeating what you wrote. You were comparing a man who murdered several women to a 17 year old boy who was walking in the rain doing nothing. I don't see the similarities.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Of course, but that's not what you wrote. You said if Ted Bundy were arrested carrying a bag of Skittles, he would be a free man. I'm only repeating what you wrote.
Don't be willfully ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.