Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you are sure it was not self defense? I don't know, you don't know and this will be up to a jury to decide, wouldn't you agree?
That was sort of the initial reason for the uproar - the local authorities started out by shrugging their shoulders and saying "Nah, no trial. Too much work, too hard to prove anything, and who really cares?"

Quote:
and wasn't it Zimmerman's job to protect the neighborhood?
No. Playing cop was more of a hobby of his. He wasn't very good at it.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Zimmerman just wanted to BE somebody, thas' all.

Now, he's a SOMEBODY.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch captain, not the welcome wagon.
Self appointed executioner too.
The PD told him to wait till officers responded, and did he? No, he did not, he followed Martin when he was told not to.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Zimmerman was the neighborhood watch captain, not the welcome wagon.
You mean the profiling neighborhood vigilante.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And you are sure it was not self defense? I don't know, you don't know and this will be up to a jury to decide, wouldn't you agree? and wasn't it Zimmerman's job to protect the neighborhood?
No........that is the police's job. You know...people who are actually somewhat trained in how to do that job?

Who, or what, was Zimmerman supposed to be protecting the neighborhood from?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
No........that is the police's job. You know...people who are actually somewhat trained in how to do that job?

Who, or what, was Zimmerman supposed to be protecting the neighborhood from?
I'm not coming to zim's defense here, but early on, the media stated there were a lot of break in's of vehicles and theft from vehicles. Maybe zim thought he was going to catch Martin red handed doing this. <speculation>

Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'm not coming to zim's defense here, but early on, the media stated there were a lot of break in's of vehicles and theft from vehicles. Maybe zim thought he was going to catch Martin red handed doing this. <speculation>
I'm sure that was part of it......but that gives him no excuse to aggressively confront, shoot and kill someone who wasn't committing a crime.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
I'm sure that was part of it......but that gives him no excuse to aggressively confront, shoot and kill someone who wasn't committing a crime.

I'm sure more details will come out in the trial. This is a prime example for the saying "when you need a cop now, they're only 15 minutes away". If Zimmerman was just looking to kill someone I don't think he would have called the cops first.

The fact that the neighborhood had had an uptick in crime and some neighbors had come to him for help plays a big factor for me. And MSNBC altering the police report to make it look like he was a racist made many people ignore some of the facts in the case. Lying in this manner should be a chargable offense, IMO. Maybe he can sue them when this is over, whether he's found guilty or not.

I don't have enough facts to form an opinion yet. Obviously the media isn't concerned with them. I'm looking forward to the trial.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Forcing yourself on top of someone and bashing their head into the ground is a crime and Trayvon was sentenced for his crime.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Forcing yourself on top of someone and bashing their head into the ground is a crime and Trayvon was sentenced for his crime.
Oh okay and some people think Casey Anthony committed one too, does that give them all the right to kill her? By the way, since you were there and saw exactly how it all went down, why don't you give us all a blow by blow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies