Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
What's strange about walking behind someone? You are paranoid as all hell. Should we make separate sidewalks? One for every person where there is only allowed to be one person per sidewalk?
LOL brave one, why don't you go out walking around in the dark, in the rain, in an apartment complex where no one else is out and around, then notice that a car is following you, THEN notice that the person gets out of the car and follows you on foot. I bet you'd wet your pants and cry before you would approach the stranger following you. You so conveniently ignore the circumstances of this incident. It was ZIMMERMAN'S responsibility to let trayvon know what he was doing.....but then that would have spoiled his determination to "catch" somebody so he would look like a hero. what a dumb guy zimmerman is.....amazingly stupid.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
And if you assault an armed person expect to be killed. I'd like to know where you get this info that Zimmerman tried to detain anyone and that Martin was aware he was armed before he attacked Zimmerman and went for his gun.
What would be the purpose of an armed person confronting someone he thought was committing a crime? If you are not willing to use force, then there is no logical explanation to confront them, just to pop in and say hello?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
The FBI investigation is over, they found nothing.
I'll tell you what. When you find articles or a DOJ/FBI report that says they won't be filing charges against gz, it'll mean something. I remember the FBI interview transcripts that were favorable to gz not being a racist. In my book, those don't mean they won't prosecute for the killing if gz isn't convicted.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
LOL brave one, why don't you go out walking around in the dark, in the rain, in an apartment complex where no one else is out and around, then notice that a car is following you, THEN notice that the person gets out of the car and follows you on foot. I bet you'd wet your pants and cry before you would approach the stranger following you. You so conveniently ignore the circumstances of this incident. It was ZIMMERMAN'S responsibility to let trayvon know what he was doing.....but then that would have spoiled his determination to "catch" somebody so he would look like a hero. what a dumb guy zimmerman is.....amazingly stupid.
True...but still not a violator of the FL statutes.

What they need is a higher standard of conduct for one who is armed. Zimmerman should be held accountable for getting into the situation while armed...but not for the homicide. And he should be subject to civil penalties which likely will not be allowed.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Moral of the story, if you are in Florida never fight back, even if you are being detained, and if you do get into a fight, lose on purpose because winning can cost you your life.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
It's not anyone's responsibility to alleviate a person's paranoia. The thing here is, you STILL don't have a right to assault someone even if you're paranoid.
That is the most absurd statement I've read in a long time. If you are following someone at night, carrying a gun, no one else is walking around, and you make no effort whatsoever to let the person you're following know that you mean no harm, you are setting yourself up for getting your butt kicked or, as in stand your ground, getting killed. Private people have enough common sense to know when other folks are behaving in a suspicious way.

THE POLICE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A SUSPICIOUS PERSON IN SOMEONE'S NEIGHBORHOOD. Zimmerman was always a wanna be cop. So he ended up murdering someone because he was so insecure and wanted some little bit of power so much, he was out and around in his complex PRETENDING to himself that he was a cop!!!

One other point. It is NOT paranoia when someone is fearful of a stranger following them, especially at NIGHT, in the rain, when no one else is around. How do you think serial killers capture their prey......following them around perhaps? You simply are clueless as to the real meaning of PARANOIA.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:33 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
No he didn't have ANY level of authority. He's just a citizen like everyone else. I know you'd like to see people who don't share your vision to be ignored when their safety is on the line.

Who is he? Are you referring to Zimmerman or the store manager?

Zimmerman shows a pattern of behavior, he does what ever he wants. I have no problem with someone questioning authority.

But he was told by the store manager not to get involved in this shoplifting incident, he did it anyway.

He should have stayed out it.

And you're the one who called 911 dispatchers "nobody", so if they're "nobody" well then they shouldn't play a role in assisting you when you need help.

"Sorry sir, I can't contact the fire dept to report your house being on fire, as you see I'm nobody".

Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Who is he? Are you referring to Zimmerman or the store manager?

Zimmerman shows a pattern of behavior, he does what ever he wants. I have no problem with someone questioning authority.

But he was told by the store manager not to get involved in this shoplifting incident, he did it anyway.

He should have stayed out it.

And you're the one who called 911 dispatchers "nobody", so if they're "nobody" well then they shouldn't play a role in assisting you when you need help.

"Sorry sir, I can't contact the fire dept to report your house being on fire, as you see I'm nobody".
Your argument is for 5 year olds. Stick to that age group please.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
That is the most absurd statement I've read in a long time. If you are following someone at night, carrying a gun, no one else is walking around, and you make no effort whatsoever to let the person you're following know that you mean no harm, you are setting yourself up for getting your butt kicked or, as in stand your ground, getting killed. Private people have enough common sense to know when other folks are behaving in a suspicious way.

THE POLICE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING A SUSPICIOUS PERSON IN SOMEONE'S NEIGHBORHOOD. Zimmerman was always a wanna be cop. So he ended up murdering someone because he was so insecure and wanted some little bit of power so much, he was out and around in his complex PRETENDING to himself that he was a cop!!!

One other point. It is NOT paranoia when someone is fearful of a stranger following them, especially at NIGHT, in the rain, when no one else is around. How do you think serial killers capture their prey......following them around perhaps? You simply are clueless as to the real meaning of PARANOIA.
Who says that it's my responsibility to tell someone why I am behind them. You? LMAO. Show me the law that states such or just shut it.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
What's strange about walking behind someone? You are paranoid as all hell. Should we make separate sidewalks? One for every person where there is only allowed to be one person per sidewalk?
You don't think a woman walking through a parking structure at night trying to get to her car gets concerned if a man is walking behind her?

Most people if they're walking at night who pay attention to their surroundings make it a point to see who is walking behind them or even cross the street if they think that someone behind them might be up to no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies