Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:16 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Well i do not, just don't want drugs in my body, sorry, that is just me.

However, i have friends who are now in the fifties, who have been smoking the stuff ever since they have been teens. So yes i do.

This is something that you either did, or did not do, these people who did use are still using. Infact two of the ladies i know, for some reason, just cannot quit. They say they will, but never do.

Does any one know the stats on smoking weed for this amount of time, and how it affects the body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 11:24 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,747,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Well i do not, just don't want drugs in my body, sorry, that is just me.

However, i have friends who are now in the fifties, who have been smoking the stuff ever since they have been teens. So yes i do.

This is something that you either did, or did not do, these people who did use are still using. Infact two of the ladies i know, for some reason, just cannot quit. They say they will, but never do.

Does any one know the stats on smoking weed for this amount of time, and how it affects the body.
Given the fact that so many hide their use and have for so long, I doubt you can find a reasonably true study of the results of 30+ years of use. It is a hard thing to actually measure when people could get in serious trouble for actually using it.

That said I do not think it is as harmless as the marijuana groups try to portray, I am sure there are some long term health risks as there are with anything, but I still believe it should be a personal choice and treated much more like alcohol with limits on driving while impaired, and kept away from young kids. Adults should be able to make their own decision

Old 10-28-2012, 11:27 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
Given the fact that so many hide their use and have for so long, I doubt you can find a reasonably true study of the results of 30+ years of use. It is a hard thing to actually measure when people could get in serious trouble for actually using it.

That said I do not think it is as harmless as the marijuana groups try to portray,
I am sure there are some long term health risks as there are with anything, but I still believe it should be a personal choice and treated much more like alcohol with limits on driving while impaired, and kept away from young kids. Adults should be able to make their own decision
It's harmless to others, is what I think they portray..which is very true you can look up the statistics of Marijuana compared to Alcohol, Tobacco and Guns.

I'd think long term effects to yourself would be respiratory.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Just curious. Have any studies been done on the political makeup of weed smokers?

William F. Buckley alwaysed seemed high to me
No. I think it stinks and the people I've met who have smoked it are not the brightest. Furthermore, I was hit in 1999 in a car accident that royally jacked up my neck and spine that I still feel to this day because the other driver was high.

Not a fan.

Course, what stinks worse is that damned patchouli, now THAT should be outlawed!

As far as legalization of mary jane, I think it should be up to the states to decide.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Cause of death :

Updated data:
Annual Causes of Death in the United States | Drug War Facts

Old 10-28-2012, 11:32 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Most pot smokers are teenagers or 45 year old Best Buy employess.
Oddly enough, the majority of marijuana smokers I know work in the medical field. Yes, we're talking doctors, nurses, pharmacists, pretty much the medical field across the spectrum. I'm acquainted with about 25 nurses, and only 3 of them don't smoke at all. About half smoke occasionally, and the rest smoke on a regular basis. My previous family practitioner was a smoker, as was the majority of his staff.

The idea that teenagers and Best Buy employees support the marijuana trade is laughable. They don't have the financial assets to support a multi-billion dollar industry.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:03 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
It's harmless to others, is what I think they portray..which is very true you can look up the statistics of Marijuana compared to Alcohol, Tobacco and Guns.

I'd think long term effects to yourself would be respiratory.
LOL Those two DO NOT go together. If so, you just lied on the 4473 and you cannot be in possession of that firearm. Your CCW is not valid either.

I guess that's why most dope smokers are pro gay, anti gun as well.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
I'm pretty sure most kids can buy locally grown pot at any Wing Stop or Burger King inexpensively.

There is not a lot of money to be made in marijuana unless you grow it and wholesale it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The idea that teenagers and Best Buy employees support the marijuana trade is laughable. They don't have the financial assets to support a multi-billion dollar industry.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:08 PM
J24

448 posts, read 863,729 times
I do* think it's harmless when someone is high as a kite and goes and drives. I think it's just about as dangerous as alcohol at that point. But smoking it in your own house, it definitely isn't harming anyone else aside from maybe annoying your neighbors with the smell.

Last edited by J24; 10-28-2012 at 01:19 PM..

Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,817,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I don't think it's harmless when someone is high as a kite and goes and drives. I think it's just about as dangerous as alcohol at that point. But smoking it in your own house, it definitely isn't harming anyone else aside from maybe annoying your neighbors with the smell.
Not to the FBI and the BATF..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies