Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Defending Our Faith is a advocacy initiative of America ContinuesDefending Our Faith

CAN ANYONE WHO VALUES RELIGIOUS FREEDOM VOTE DEMOCRATIC?

‘Defending Our Faith’ Ad Campaign Launched.

Democrats Are Vulnerable On Catholic Bias

ADS ASKS ABOUT DEMOCRATIC SENATORS:

“What would an Al Smith or a Jack Kennedy say about a Democratic President who is saying to the Catholics of America: [CENTER]‘Change your religious beliefs or I will use my power as president and all the financial power of the federal government to shut down your hospitals?’”[/CENTER]

Old 10-29-2012, 09:54 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I'm a Catholic. Was born a Catholic. I'm also a Democrat and always will be. I got a letter from my Bishop telling me that voting no on the gay marriage amendment will put my soul in danger. It also stated that voting for candidates that support evil ideas like abortion and gay marriage also puts my soul in danger.

Are there any other Catholic Democrats struggling with this out there? In all my years, I have never had it spelled out so clearly by the church as this letter.
Why would you claim to be a Catholic when you believe nothing of it?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
No, I said they are unlikely to be. The victim of a child molester does not determine a pedophiles adult orientation, assuming they even have one.

False, men abusing boys does not make them gay. Not all pedophiles have an adult orientation, meaning they may be neither heterosexual or homosexual. They are not targeting boys because they are male.
How come those pedophiles who target boy's don't equally go after girls?

It is because they are gay pedophiles.

Sheesh - you people always talk about equality - but you can't accept the idea of homosexuals being equally capable of pedophilia as heterosexuals.

Why is that?

Both pedophilia and homosexuality are wrong.

How is that for "equality"?

Last edited by Harrier; 10-29-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Its the responsibility of a human being to investigate the consequence's of their actions.

All senior retired politicians and military without political ties are affirming unanimously that without question..

1) President Obama would have surely known there was AQ involvement at the location of the Embassy and would have known of the pulling out of other nations due to attack including on red cross ...and refused cry's for more protection and DID NOT give direction to get out of there and leave, or help with adequate protection... requiring a continuance of job responsibility regardless.

2) When the attack came about, Obama would have been told immediately for instructions , was at the White House and refused to allow any help while watching on a camera over a 7 hour period of time.

3) Everyone was told to stand down and the hero's disregarded while helping many people out and Obama still refused to allow help just an hour away with the planes in Italy.

4) Obama refused to even help the mission to save lives which "was in motion" and the men got killed, while now some of the family here are receiving emails from survivors in the distant land saying thankyou

6) Obama knew it was all AQ and then told people it was an internet clip, causing the whole world unrest and a volatile situation.

7) Obama refuse's to explain the events in the experience in which he refused the help, and is now under formal demand for his stalling. That he is lying about many things is well known.

8) H Clinton even smirked ignorantly when asked by the reporters when she said...well you know.....(smirk...its not like just picking cherries to get answers. Biden made an ignorant loud remark to the father about he must have big balls or something in the presence of the coffin, to which the father was sickened... (If people don't want to look at fox...that is on their conscious. I may have missed something not sure One senior expert commented that for an attack such as this with planes 1 hour away is...( I forget the exact word used)

To vote for Obama is exactly to continue upholding the refusal for protection followed by cries for help under attack in all the developing events.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-29-2012 at 11:47 PM..

Old 10-29-2012, 11:56 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
How come those pedophiles who target boy's don't equally go after girls?

It is because they are gay pedophiles.

Sheesh - you people always talk about equality - but you can't accept the idea of homosexuals being equally capable of pedophilia as heterosexuals.

Why is that?

Both pedophilia and homosexuality are wrong.

How is that for "equality"?
Exactly and well said again in my opinion Harrier. The homosexuals in church's and scouts, sports teams know very well when they apply exactly what they are up to. Nothing more then imposters, criminals disguising themselves as caring people. They are worse then wolves hunting down the young and plot out their attack. The young guys they abuse are guy's, in the frame of the male and are basically just that, young guys, a preference.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
To the OP, I too am a Catholic. However, like most Catholics, I take what the pope and priest say with a grain of salt. Contrary to what some people may believe, us Catholics don't automatically take orders from our Pope nor our Priest. As long as your priest doesn't tell you which candidate to vote for, I don't think he's over stepping the line. What you must do is look at the issues he's brought up and decide how you fell about them while considering the opinion of the church. Then compare the candidates. How strongly do you feel about the issues brought up in the letter? How do the candidates compare on the issues that matter most to you and then vote for the candidate YOU feel is best for the community or country regardless of political party.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:08 AM

IMO the OP would be smart to listen to his spiritual counselors and take the lay person with a grain of salt. Why even be a Catholic is you disagree with it's teachings?

Old 10-30-2012, 08:16 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
[quote=tinytrump;26726590] There is NO man or action that will put you in or out of hell or heaven- GOD weighs the hearts and decides if you are HIS or not- that is strickly between you and Him! POLITICAL Christians of any sect only have 3 sins- abortion- homosexuality and adultery... the rest is NOT even mentioned. OUR country is based on freedom, and freedom is for ALL. MY belief is in Jesus, and I am againts ALL sin- but my job is to try to convince you to believe the same- OUR job- is to win you over with love to let GOD change you! but I do not pawn my job to an elected officials. The same story was pushed in the churches with pres Busch- and in the end he believed in abortions and that the bible was not to be accepted literally? SO many died in a war in the name of money-- what sin is that? The agenda is to take care of people or take care of corporations- who say they will take care of people? - Well for the last 15 yrs they have been outsourcing and cutting the common man to the bone in benefits- less help for the-poor and sick etc and overseas investments. What sin is that? The man who represents FREEDOM for all is what must rule this nation - if not we shall be exactly like our eastern bretheren tied to rules of faith. and then what faith- what rule will win out? Rem- some apostles wanted Jesus to take a political stand-- what did He do ?? I am free in Christ and vote my concience, but accept my responsibility to win souls.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Now we know why the founding fathers did not trust organized religon. You see the comments made here and realize the Repub. party is in danger of being taken over with zealots

Old 11-02-2012, 01:36 PM

EWTN

Religious liberty isn’t just for Catholics! Watch the beautiful truth as EWTN airs “Intersection of Church and State” – produced by the Lutheran Missouri Synod! Airs 10 p.m. ET, Saturday, Nov. 3 and 4 p.m. ET, Sunday, Nov. 4. This program explores how the First Amendment to the Constitution was crafted both to protect the church and the state and to provide a framework within which the two can work together for the common good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies