U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:04 AM
 
1,637 posts, read 1,703,218 times
Reputation: 1227

Advertisements

while the forebears of their Black and Muslim classmates were busy fighting tooth and nail to keep the institution alive in other parts of the world? If it had have been Muslims and not Europeans who had abolished the slave trade, this would be the focus of much celebration and fanfare. It is only White children who are systematically stripped of their dignity and self-worth and made to loathe their history and their people. Only White children are publicly humiliated in such a way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:07 AM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,274,336 times
Reputation: 4163
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
while the forebears of their Black and Muslim classmates were busy fighting tooth and nail to keep the institution alive in other parts of the world? If it had have been Muslims and not Europeans who had abolished the slave trade, this would be the focus of much celebration and fanfare. It is only White children who are systematically stripped of their dignity and self-worth and made to loathe their history and their people. Only White children are publicly humiliated in such a way.
The "forebears" of American black children were almost certainly slaves themselves, and usually made as much of an effort toward abolition as they dared.

I doubt your children have any Muslim classmates; people like you have usually never actually met a Muslim.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:14 AM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,919 posts, read 4,370,978 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The "forebears" of American black children were almost certainly slaves themselves, and usually made as much of an effort toward abolition as they dared.

I doubt your children have any Muslim classmates; people like you have usually never actually met a Muslim.
Not only that .. The one responsible for the court case .. making slavery legal in the U.S. .. was himself a black man!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:16 AM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,658,464 times
Reputation: 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
It is only White children who are systematically stripped of their dignity and self-worth and made to loathe their history and their people. Only White children are publicly humiliated in such a way.
Perhaps they should learn to have self respect rather than respect borrowed from ancestors.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:19 AM
 
Location: West Coast
1,189 posts, read 2,315,627 times
Reputation: 2100
This guy seems quite obsessed. Its a bit disturbing actually.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:21 AM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,919 posts, read 4,370,978 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
This guy seems quite obsessed. Its a bit disturbing actually.
Who?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:32 AM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,919 posts, read 4,370,978 times
Reputation: 2650
It may surprise some that Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were White slaves and they were America's first slaves.

These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were.

This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:39 AM
 
1,637 posts, read 1,703,218 times
Reputation: 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It may surprise some that Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were White slaves and they were America's first slaves.

These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were.

This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.



Which begs the question why are whites blamed for something they ended through bloodshed of over half a milion lost lives, while blacks and Muslims in other parts of the world were striving to keep it going?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,919 posts, read 4,370,978 times
Reputation: 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Which begs the question why are whites blamed for something they ended through bloodshed of over half a milion lost lives, while blacks and Muslims in other parts of the world were striving to keep it going?
You have to understand .. "It's only business"!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2012, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles County, CA
29,097 posts, read 23,485,394 times
Reputation: 6128
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It may surprise some that Up to one-half of all the arrivals in the American colonies were White slaves and they were America's first slaves.

These Whites were slaves for life, long before Blacks ever were.

This slavery was even hereditary. White children born to White slaves were enslaved too.
Yep - liberals tend to ignore indentured servitude - but sure like to bandy that term around as equivalent to slavery - while either dismissing or being ignorant of the fact that it first was a term applied to white people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top