Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 12:42 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
They are so identical.
Not they are not, one deals with ending or not a life and the other to cook, clean, shop, etc. Even if a woman is forced to stay in a house doing those things it is not the end of life. Many women have found themselves liking it after a while, others have not of course. The point is that a woman can leave the house when she wants to but you cannot undue killing an unborn child. Take care.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:20 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
It is a fallacy. Why? The point in discussion is abortion. I linked it with welfare as you correctly mentiobned it above. However, you tried to make a link between welfare and other situations also. The point in discussion is not welfare, it is abortion. Because two different situations are linked to welfare it does not mean they apply the same. That is why it is a fallacy so I do not agree to justify or not one or the other because the point is abortion, not the other situations you state. Take care.
It is pretty obvious why you keep deflecting.

You made a case for taking children away from mothers who can't afford to care for their child without taxpayer support.

You obviously don't feel the same about taking children away from mothers and fathers who cannot support their children.

It is OK with you if mothers have their children forcibly taken away and abopted out.....but you just don't like the idea of taking children away from fathers.

It is OK when government interferes in women's personal lives......but heaven forbid if the government dares to interfere in men's personal lives.

Your misogony is quite apparent.

Quote:
Even if a woman is forced to stay in a house doing those things it is not the end of life.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:21 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Not they are not, one deals with ending or not a life and the other to cook, clean, shop, etc. Even if a woman is forced to stay in a house doing those things it is not the end of life. Many women have found themselves liking it after a while, others have not of course. The point is that a woman can leave the house when she wants to but you cannot undue killing an unborn child. Take care.
Your sarcasm meter must be broken.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM

256 posts, read 617,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Women have no right murdering babies.
Says Who?

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Your sarcasm meter must be broken.
Your comment proves the flaws of communication, no sarcasm intended whatsoever. I do teach classes in communication and one flaw of written communication is that it misses the body language. The better response from you is to further ask on my points instead of ASSUMING that I was being sarcastic. Take care.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:05 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,897,466 times
Quote:
Your comment proves the flaws of communication, no sarcasm intended whatsoever. I do teach classes in communication and one flaw of written communication is that it misses the body language. The better response from you is to further ask on my points instead of ASSUMING that I was being sarcastic. Take care.
Um, I was saying that I was being sarcastic. But oooooooooooooook

Old 10-31-2012, 04:09 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Yes.

If not, a man shouldn't have any responsibility for the child once born.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It is pretty obvious why you keep deflecting.

You made a case for taking children away from mothers who can't afford to care for their child without taxpayer support.

You obviously don't feel the same about taking children away from mothers and fathers who cannot support their children.

It is OK with you if mothers have their children forcibly taken away and abopted out.....but you just don't like the idea of taking children away from fathers.

It is OK when government interferes in women's personal lives......but heaven forbid if the government dares to interfere in men's personal lives.

Your misogony is quite apparent.
Again, the point is about abortion. I thought I explained myself but it seems it was missed. No, your claim that I feel the same about taking away children from mothers and fathers. The point is abortion. As I said earlier, if the subject is welfare, then I can go into specifics regarding men adn women. However, this discussion is about and issue that a woman has the law on her side on whether to abort or not without the anybody's permission. With that in mind I expressed my views. Don't bring gender issues into topic. You also put words into my mouth by stating " you just don't like the idea of taking children away from fathers." Fathers cannot abort and have no say so on the matter so no reason to bring them into the topic of discussion. The same goes with "It is OK when government interferes in women's personal lives......but heaven forbid if the government dares to interfere in men's personal lives."

Lastly, you go into personal assessment. It seems you did not like my views so emotions took the best of you and resorted to personal comments. I just do not know why people do that. I suppose is part of human nature and some have a tendency to do that.
I am a volunteer with Women's shelters, a victim advocate on behalf of rape and sexual assault on call from the local hospital twice a month, volunteered to be an Equal Opportunity in the Army, volunteered to assist victims of sexual harassment cases. My great wife and I raised three daughters. So when I read your personnal comment out of ignorance because you did not like my views, I must admit I chuckled. Don't take things personal when someone is expressing views. That will help for better discussions. Once you let your emotions take the best of you, the tendency is to go for personal comments. Take care.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Um, I was saying that I was being sarcastic. But oooooooooooooook
LOL!! you proved my point again. I took your comment wrongly. Thanks for clarifying. Take care.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:21 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,250 times
Long thread...didn't read much but whenever the subject of abortion comes emotions go high. I don't care if you're married or not the man definitely has a say IMO (legally or not). Women who sleep around or whatever should think before inserting penis without protected sex and vice versa; it takes two. It's incredibley scary how casual some of you talk about the unborn fetus and death. As a former fetus I am pro-choice, but the nightmare of having an abortion haunts forever.

The men I know want a bigger responsibility when it comes to children
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies