Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Men can reduce abortions by not engaging in unprotected class with dumb bimbos. I realize that is asking quite a bit.
Yeah guys, no more unprotected class with dumb bimbos. Why didn't I just think of that instead of all this time wasted considering people's actual lives, and crap? My bad!

Last edited by detshen; 11-10-2012 at 05:59 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 07:40 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Yes, they should, when they can get pregnant too.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:12 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,399 times
I think my financial abortion idea would play here. A woman's body, choice, and responsibility. If she chooses to let the child live, which is solely at her discretion, the man should have a choice in whether or not to be there financially.

The sex was consensual. Both parties could have taken steps to prevent a pregnancy, and all could fail. The sex is done. It's irrelevant. Both parties failed to prevent a pregnancy. Men don't get women pregnant. We're not talking about rape.

If she chooses to let the child live, which is her choice, the man should be able to choose not to be there financially. Both actions are pretty deplorable and say a lot about the person, but if women can have an abortion because they feel like it, and avoid all responsibility, why shouldn't men.

The woman can act totally independent of the man, whereas even if the man wanted the child, he has no say. But if she chooses to go through with it, her body, her choice, her responsibility.

If you don't think you can financially support a child without assistance, well, there's always abortion, or adoption.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
I think my financial abortion idea would play here. A woman's body, choice, and responsibility. If she chooses to let the child live, which is solely at her discretion, the man should have a choice in whether or not to be there financially.

The sex was consensual. Both parties could have taken steps to prevent a pregnancy, and all could fail. The sex is done. It's irrelevant. Both parties failed to prevent a pregnancy. Men don't get women pregnant. We're not talking about rape.

If she chooses to let the child live, which is her choice, the man should be able to choose not to be there financially. Both actions are pretty deplorable and say a lot about the person, but if women can have an abortion because they feel like it, and avoid all responsibility, why shouldn't men.

The woman can act totally independent of the man, whereas even if the man wanted the child, he has no say. But if she chooses to go through with it, her body, her choice, her responsibility.

If you don't think you can financially support a child without assistance, well, there's always abortion, or adoption.
The last few pages already discuss just about every aspect of this idea from those for and against. There's no need to start the same debate all over again. Please read it over if you like, and post if have further information to add. Get comfy, there are a lot of posts and a lot of heated emotion. Thanks.

Last edited by detshen; 11-10-2012 at 09:09 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The last few pages already discuss just about every aspect of this idea from those for and against. There's no need to start the same debate all over again. Please read it over if you like, and post if have further information to add. Get comfy, there are a lot of posts and a lot of heated emotion. Thanks.
I'm going to say you can safely ignore Yellow Jacket's posts. They're mostly trivial and insulting with not a whole lot of content, yet somehow run on for several paragraphs.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I'm going to say you can safely ignore Yellow Jacket's posts. They're mostly trivial and insulting with not a whole lot of content, yet somehow run on for several paragraphs.
Agreed 100%, and also please ignore my responses to those posts, they brought out the absolute worst in me and I'm not proud of that.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
That's fine but because I don't believe you when you say you are for father's rights. Do you care to offer anything to the table in that respect? I mean any actual compromise.
How about couples learn to talk about what they both want should the unexpected happen? How about if men raise the children they bring into this world and women give them access to their kids when they're the ones paying child support? What a concept!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies