Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:56 PM

11,755 posts, read 14,639,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The original intent of Roe v Wade, was to save the lives of women in extreme cases.
No. The original intent of Roe v. Wade, as expressed in the decision, was to protect the rights expressed in some of the core provisions of the Constitution, and which lead an objective reader to conclude that the right to choose an abortion is also protected by those provisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 01:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,780,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No. The original intent of Roe v. Wade, as expressed in the decision, was to protect the rights expressed in some of the core provisions of the Constitution, and which lead an objective reader to conclude that the right to choose an abortion is also protected by those provisions.
The Constitution that our founding fathers created never implied a right to kill a baby in the womb. The problem with the modern SCOTUS is their infallible need to interpret the Constitution, bending and deforming it to satisfy the reigning powers will.

After losing his sibling to a miscarriage, my eldest son was born at 26 weeks. I couldn't imagine that anyone, especially a parent, could knowingly snatch the life of a baby at that stage of life. Roe v Wade allows abortion to 7 months (28 weeks). He, my son, is now 27 and in the record books as one of only a hand full of twins to survive a sibling miscarriage.

I don't need a judge to tell me when "in his opinion" a baby becomes viable, I've experienced it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies