Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM

44,978 posts, read 26,124,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Wonder how many of those CEO's are making 5 million plus a year.

It's always easy to talk tax increases when you're making mega money.
and wealthier you are, the easier it is to pay a professional to help you circumvent said taxes.

I'm all for everyone paying fewer/ no taxes and lets strip the fedguv down to prehistoric size.
Only then will the economy truly recover
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,107,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So are you in favor for increasing corporate tax?
You totally missed the point of my post. They are calling for increases on us, not them.
Still feel good about that article ?

Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM

23,298 posts, read 16,980,838 times
Odd how no one speaks of the colossal waste of taxpayer money.

So you and the CEOs are happy to write off the loss of tax money to fraud, incompetence and legal payoffs to cronies.

Solyndra's half a billion dollar taxpayer loss is chicken feed. Well throw in all the other multimillion $$$ solar industry investment failures and watch your tax money vanish into the pockets of Obama campaign supporters.

somehow everyones forgives the loss and happily sacrifices their quality of life to give money money to the feds to make up for the money they wasted?

I care less what a CEO with a golden parachute and multi million dollar yearly bonuses thinks.

they are all lining up in case obama wins and hope to get the same deal obama bestowed on GE's CEO...who outsourced jobs to China.

CEOs do not speak for me, neither does Obama.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,155,532 times
I wonder if the same CEO's would support a wealth tax on their savings, assets and on their companies cash here and overseas.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 AM

58,414 posts, read 26,740,768 times
Quote:
Chief executives of more than 80 big-name US are banding together to pressure Congress to reduce the federal deficit with tax-revenue increases as well as spending cuts.

CEOs understand that spending cuts alone will either not fix the deficit or be too drastic that it would send us into another recession.

Article:
Blog: CEOs Call for Deficit Action - Fix The Debt

Complete List:
http://www.fixthedebt.org/uploads/fi...p.10-26-12.pdf
I don't believe any of Obama's plans call for spending cuts.

If you have info to confirm he has spending cuts I would appreciate that info.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:37 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who says big business is bad? Why do you think the big business is taking the Dems side on this issue?
Big Business is bad is the Democrat talking point.. they don't pay enough taxes.. they are moving jobs over seas. they are pouring toxic waste into the waters and air.. true?

Big Business is not taking the DEMs side.. they want the tax code overhauled.... if you have read the article, you would know that..

I have a bad habit of actually reading links in post that I comment on.. and this particular article made ZERO mention that the CEOs were in favor of Obama's deficit reduction plan... but that is not what intrigued me. What intrigued me was someone trying to say big company CEOs are on OBamas side, which is hardly the case, and why would democrats want big company CEOs on their side when they are obviously the bad guys..
make no sense..

for your reading enjoyment, I cut this particular paragraph from the article...

The executives didn't endorse Mr. Obama's proposal to raise the marginal income-tax rates for the top 2% of taxpayers or any other proposal. Rather, they called for an overhaul of the tax code that, among things, would eliminate or reduce deductions, credits and loopholes (known as "broadening the base"), and one that also would bring the Treasury more revenue than the existing code does.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:38 AM

12,225 posts, read 6,390,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You totally missed the point of my post. They are calling for increases on us, not them.
Still feel good about that article ?
Read it again. Nothing in the article about exempting their salaries from tax increases.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,376,837 times
Quote:
Chief executives of more than 80 big-name US are banding together to pressure Congress to reduce the federal deficit with tax-revenue increases as well as spending cuts.

CEOs understand that spending cuts alone will either not fix the deficit or be too drastic that it would send us into another recession.

Article:
Blog: CEOs Call for Deficit Action - Fix The Debt

Complete List:
http://www.fixthedebt.org/uploads/fi...p.10-26-12.pdf

Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM

76,833 posts, read 47,136,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Big Business is bad is the Democrat talking point.. they don't pay enough taxes.. they are moving jobs over seas. they are pouring toxic waste into the waters and air.. true?
No, just because FOX and Limbaugh says it, does not make it true. I have never heard a Demoratic politican say big business is "bad".

This is the Dem side on the issue. They are the ones who are talking about tax-revenue increases with spending cuts.

Quote:
Chief executives of more than 80 big-name U.S. corporations, from Aetna Inc. to Weyerhaeuser Co., are banding together to pressure Congress to reduce the federal deficit with tax-revenue increases as well as spending cuts
The CEOs who signed the manifesto deem tax increases inevitable no matter which party succeeds at the polls in November. "There is no possible way; you can do the arithmetic a million different ways" to avoid raising taxes, said Mark Bertolini, CEO of Aetna. "You can't tax your way to fix this problem, and you can't cut entitlements enough to fix this problem."

Old 10-29-2012, 10:57 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,625,985 times
And CEOs are in favor of a TAX overhaul which is Romneys plan..

so whose on whose side???

I don't listen or watch FOX news... so I must be getting the big business is bad mantra from some other source... ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies