Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:40 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,429,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Officials are reporting zero looting in Newark, Jersey City, New York and other major cities hit by Sandy.

Was it expected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 08:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,883,820 times
My goodness look at all those whites and asians doing the looting

Old 10-30-2012, 09:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,963,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I'm not stupid enough to look at three or four pictures and come to the conclusion that no Whites or Asians have committed any acts of looting.

Guess your post was meant to appeal to those with a limited intellectual level...

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,797,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Wasn't a cat 4 or 5 either.
No it wasn't but it was one of the largest or largest storms to ever the U.S, plus its the first time a tropical storm merged with an artic low in the U.S, possibly changing the jet stream for the entire winter. I guess some just feel inferior because of the press New York City is getting, that's the way it is.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:14 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
In an area the size of that hit by Sandy, I have no doubt there will be some looting by all races, though hopefully it will be very low. Give the police the power to shoot looters on sight, then get on to rescuing people that need help.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:33 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,416,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
No it wasn't but it was one of the largest or largest storms to ever the U.S, plus its the first time a tropical storm merged with an artic low in the U.S, possibly changing the jet stream for the entire winter. I guess some just feel inferior because of the press New York City is getting, that's the way it is.
The opening poster is saying that new York's response to a lesser storm, with less looting is somehow in contrast to an entire three state region without power for weeks and looting to survive that.

I am simply pointing out, that the cat 4 storm of Katrina, which was similarly large with much higher winds and 30+ feet of storm surge, was a lot worse and looting was used by many as a means of survival.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The opening poster is saying that new York's response to a lesser storm, with less looting is somehow in contrast to an entire three state region without power for weeks and looting to survive that.

I am simply pointing out, that the cat 4 storm of Katrina, which was similarly large with much higher winds and 30+ feet of storm surge, was a lot worse and looting was used by many as a means of survival.
No doubt the devastation caused by Katrina was much more severe...a cat 4 storm with a 25+ foot storm surge is brutal. And yes, crews are already working to restore power...while for days after Katrina, simple survival was a challenge. Not just the inconvenience of no power. Just the same...looting big screen TVs, gaming systems and $200 sneakers is hardly a "means of survival".

Old 10-30-2012, 09:45 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,842,447 times
You people are crazy!!! Yeah I said "you people" lol!!

It is like some of you are just waiting for the blacks to go bat shyt crazy and loot up the place and are disappointed when it doesn't happen. You are too much!!

And FWIW, I agree with detroitdeserter about the 2003 blackout. I was in Northern Ohio at the time, which is about 30% black and we didn't have any looting. I remember I was visiting for the summer and worked part time at a call center then and I was upset because I didn't get to miss work like my other family and friends since our call center had a generator. But I was happy about it once there since we had air conditioning and it was freaking hot that day. I went home and sat on the porch with my aunt, in the ghetto black neighborhood with no looting going on at any of the stores in the neighborhood or even at the bar on the corner, talking and b itching and moaning about being hot and her praying that the electricity would come back home. She was near tears because it was so hot.

LOL at the lot of you and your irrational fears of black people and looting and riots. I bet none of you have ever even seen one IRL and only heard about them on TV. It is weird that you seem to think we are just waiting on the right moment to jump out and go bat shyt crazy!! LOL you must have horrible, fear filled lives.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Quote:
Paranoid and defensive you are.. Sheesh. You shouldnt threaten anyone physically unless youve met them. Sounds like you're the one with the issues son.
Now i'm your son? I thought i was your homie? So now i get demoted, huh?

The Internet...your salvation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Slap me some skin, brotha!
That's the best you can do? A lame 1970's phrase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You people are crazy!!! Yeah I said "you people" lol!!

It is like some of you are just waiting for the blacks to go bat shyt crazy and loot up the place and are disappointed when it doesn't happen. You are too much!!

And FWIW, I agree with detroitdeserter about the 2003 blackout. I was in Northern Ohio at the time, which is about 30% black and we didn't have any looting. I remember I was visiting for the summer and worked part time at a call center then and I was upset because I didn't get to miss work like my other family and friends since our call center had a generator. But I was happy about it once there since we had air conditioning and it was freaking hot that day. I went home and sat on the porch with my aunt, in the ghetto black neighborhood with no looting going on at any of the stores in the neighborhood or even at the bar on the corner, talking and b itching and moaning about being hot and her praying that the electricity would come back home. She was near tears because it was so hot.

LOL at the lot of you and your irrational fears of black people and looting and riots. I bet none of you have ever even seen one IRL and only heard about them on TV. It is weird that you seem to think we are just waiting on the right moment to jump out and go bat shyt crazy!! LOL you must have horrible, fear filled lives.
Exactly.

They're actually angry that there isn't any looting. They were looking forward to all the new threads they'd be making since they're running out of ideas for new ones.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,233,960 times
There are numerous reports of looting in NY & NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies