Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 09:32 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Wow...just wow. This guy has cojones the size of basketballs, considering his botched response to Katrina.

..and, yes, I read the entiore article, and, yes, he was comparing it to the response on the attacks on Bengazi.

I stand by the Cojones remark.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Default We Have No Power.......or Leader

Well, I guess the Sandy victims can always do this, this is brilliant and spoken like a true Harvard graduate.........
Good Grief: Obama & FEMA Tell Super-Storm Victims to Check Internet for Hurricane Sandy Updates… But, They Have No Electricity « Frugal Café Blog Zone

“Honey, President Obama says to check out the Internet for hurricane information.”
“But we have no power!”
“Then turn on the TV.”
“Again, NO POWER!”

Chicago Tribune puts those without electricity as a result of Hurricane Sandy at 7.5 million. While the numbers vary depending on the news source, one thing is for certain: millions who need the federal government’s information the most have no electrical power and cannot access the Internet. Then, there are an untold number of people who do not even own computers, not to mention affected Internet service providers that have no power in order to provide Internet service.
FEMA reportedly does not have any non-Internet sources for citizens to get information.
Honestly, you can’t make this stuff up.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:31 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
i hate to dwell on the past but so many of you obama leg-humpers are wrong about this.
FYI... during Katrina, FEMA can NOT step in until the state(s)s asks for assistance. the Gov of LA didnt ask for help for days.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:34 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Actually, that's not the case. Benghazi aside, he criticized the president's response as being "too quick" to hurricane Sandy.
I went back and re-read it.

Yes, my version is the case.

It was Brown's rhetorical statement regarding O's quick response on this crisis in reference to the other crisis.

Shame on O for letting the first crisis go to waste. How un-Marxist

Old 10-31-2012, 10:37 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well, I guess the Sandy victims can always do this, this is brilliant and spoken like a true Harvard graduate.........
Good Grief: Obama & FEMA Tell Super-Storm Victims to Check Internet for Hurricane Sandy Updates… But, They Have No Electricity « Frugal Café Blog Zone

“Honey, President Obama says to check out the Internet for hurricane information.”
“But we have no power!”
“Then turn on the TV.”
“Again, NO POWER!”

Chicago Tribune puts those without electricity as a result of Hurricane Sandy at 7.5 million. While the numbers vary depending on the news source, one thing is for certain: millions who need the federal government’s information the most have no electrical power and cannot access the Internet. Then, there are an untold number of people who do not even own computers, not to mention affected Internet service providers that have no power in order to provide Internet service.
FEMA reportedly does not have any non-Internet sources for citizens to get information.
Everyone in my area has no phone service, no power, no tv, but have mobile internet.

That is how everyone here in NJ and NYC are staying in contact.

There are rescues being made based on Facebook posts because people have no phone or power.

Right now I have no cell service, and power only at work. But I have mobile internet, and have since the storm hit. Ask people in the affected areas and they'll say the same.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:

“But we have no power!”
“Then turn on the TV.”
“Again, NO POWER!”

It's called...wait for it...BATTERIES...

Most computers have them.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Then, there are an untold number of people who do not even own computers, not to mention affected Internet service providers that have no power in order to provide Internet service.
Computers? How many people do you think own radios these days?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:

“But we have no power!”
“Then turn on the TV.”
“Again, NO POWER!”

We had this failed thread yesterday. Many people in the area who have lost power, have stayed in contact through internet updates via cellphone. In fact rescue attempts, etc were coordinated through facebook, twitter, etc via cell phone connections to the internet.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:18 AM

987 posts, read 1,385,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
The story is a reference to O's quickness to respond to this crisis as compared to his response to the Bengazi crisis.

Hebus!

They can read but not comprehend.
That's what I said too! WTHebus!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:20 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We had this failed thread yesterday. Many people in the area who have lost power, have stayed in contact through internet updates via cellphone. In fact rescue attempts, etc were coordinated through facebook, twitter, etc via cell phone connections to the internet.
//www.facebook.com/JerseyShoreHurricaneNews

This has been the #1 source of all info for myself and pretty much everyone I know. Constantly updated and letting people know all sorts of info

Time to get with the times people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies