Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:19 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
[Is Gov. Christie trying to win an Oscar] or just make a bid for president?
Neither. Can't you spot a man being honest and real when you see one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 03:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Christie certainly knows how to give credit where credit is due.The man seems to be a cut above whats being offered by the right in this election ,maybe 2016 might be Christies turn.
Chris Christie: Obama ‘outstanding’ in response to Hurricane Sandy
Classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What is wrong with some of you people? If Obama and Christie come together on this and make it clear it's not political, somehow most of you need to make it political. They are doing what they need to do for the people of that state. Jersey got hit the hardest. There are 20,000 people stranded that need to be rescued in an area that the didn't expect to get hit so hard. They have no food or water and are trapped in their homes, which appears to be apartment buildings.

Romney was smart keeping his head low. He was out there doing what he could to help the people who got hit. There are many people doing exactly what he is doing - collecting food, clothing and whatever else for people who took a hit. He just happens to be a candidate running for president, so yes it would be a photo moment. If he didn't do anything you would find fault with that. All this damned if you do, damned if you don't is nonsense.

Some of you need to get out of your political mode and see the bigger picture once in a while.
/thread

Old 10-31-2012, 03:25 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Well, he is doing three things

1) He is keeping Obama off the campaign trail

2) He is looking like serious, no nonsense governor, who will work with anyone as long as the citizens of his state are taken care of, which will help him get reelected.

3) He is setting up great reelection photo ops, and campaign video clips.
Or maybe he's just trying to do his job. Geez.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:26 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Neither. Can't you spot a man being honest and real when you see one?
Yes there are sleezy republicans (bush, romney, ryan) and honest Republicans (fewer ). I'd give Christie a heads up.
Interesting thought: Obama dumps Biden, crosses party lines and takes on Christie as VP.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:27 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I think we have all become so cynical of political leaders and many times with good reason.
I have become that. But What Christie and Obama are doing I believe is truly geniune. Expecially Christie who truly loves the shore areas in New Jersey.

Lets back off the politics right now. They are trying their best and it shows.

It seems alot has been learned since the great many mistakes of Katrina. That is a good sign.

Whatever it costs to rescue and rebuild is a great use of taxpayer dollars.
Great points!

Old 10-31-2012, 03:32 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Or maybe he's just trying to do his job. Geez.
That is a given, I only listed the ancillary benefits to this.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I'd rather see Christie as Pres than Romney or Ryan any day.
Me too.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
Precisely, ED nurse!

Christie was genuinely upset and concerned and obviously felt a great deal of responsiblity. He also gave the most succinct and useful directions to his coastal NJ residents too.

"Don't be stupid, get out now!"

I like the Obama/Christie idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
In that case, you just missed it.

The president went to New Jersey, met w/ Christie and THEY are all working TOGETHER to help the people in NJ and NY.

They all appeared together in a televised statement. They both gave specifics on how they are working together. Christie has acknowledged and praised the president's help on several occasions.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Hmmm... He just appeared with the President during their tour. He came across as a man truly worried about his state and anxious to do whatever was necessary to help them. I know nothing about Christie but if that was acting he's wasting his talents in Jersey.

BTW: The President was tremendous. He explained how the Federal government was ready and willing to help the citizens of New Jersey. He acknowledged the work of FEMA and made it personal for the recipients.

October surprise Mitt. For a minute there I thought Christie was going to endorse Obama.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Yes there are sleezy republicans (bush, romney, ryan) and honest Republicans (fewer ). I'd give Christie a heads up.
Interesting thought: Obama dumps Biden, crosses party lines and takes on Christie as VP.

And with the latest fiasco lying and lies abound by our 4 dead AMERICANS. By many in this administration, i would say i welcome honesty from any one new.

Honesty is not something we have witnessed from this administration, and the latest fiasco, confirms this.

We still need to get to the truth about that whole lying situation, that is not to be forgotten!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies