Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2020, 07:01 AM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I get it. I tend to argue against the hypocrisy of some posters even when I basically share the opinion.

There is a fundamental flaw in the entire it's her body argument. If it is her body, then they should own it beginning to end. Stop saying that it took 2. That's if one is a true believer in the it's her body line. Me? I am a true believer in it. My daughters know my position. You get pregnant, you own it. Don't come to me and say but but he was supposed use a condom. Own it. Insist upon it. Only 1 person is going to get pregnant. Only one person is personally faced with the choice of what to do about it. The Sperm donor might claim to want a say in it, but it isn't his body that will be forever changed. He was little more than a loaded turkey baster in the equation.

If we want to give men the semi-pass on the deal then we have to allow women the right to have total control over what they do about it. I am all in on giving them control. The male gets to pay his half of the medical bill. Next time wear a rubber jackass.
So a woman wouldn't know if her sex partner wore wearing a condom or not? Come on. Control starts before sex not afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 07:57 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So a woman wouldn't know if her sex partner wore wearing a condom or not? Come on. Control starts before sex not afterwards.
Please show me where I made any such statement.

Take control to me is her body she owns it. She owns any sin that goes with her decisions. Guys shouldn't have a say in what happens with the fetus as they aren't the ones that have to deal with it. To bad to sad, pick a better partner next time, but they should have to help pay to clean up the mess the are 50% owners of.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:43 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:

Take control to me is her body she owns it. She owns any sin that goes with her decisions. Guys shouldn't have a say in what happens with the fetus as they aren't the ones that have to deal with it. To bad to sad, pick a better partner next time, but they should have to help pay to clean up the mess the are 50% owners of.
Yeah if you're going to say like a big shot "my body, my business, my choice" , then own it 100% and no compelling the father or society to be responsible or involved since it is their option on a voluntary basis whether or not to be involved with your business and choice.

Old 10-15-2020, 08:51 AM

88,997 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Quote:

Yeah if you're going to say like a big shot "my body, my business, my choice" , then own it 100% and no compelling the father or society to be responsible or involved since it is their option on a voluntary basis whether or not to be involved with your business and choice.
Agree 100%. Your body, your choice, your responsibility for the consequences. No burdening anyone else with the consequences of your choice.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:19 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Agree 100%. Your body, your choice, your responsibility for the consequences. No burdening anyone else with the consequences of your choice.
Which is why women have abortions. It is as you suggest her business nobody else what she does with her own being. Abortion is taking responsibility. Btw men you need to mind your own sperm.

Old 10-15-2020, 09:21 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
Let's just levelset. The right's view isn't pro-life, it's pro-birth. A person can't say they are pro-life if they are against universal health care, against programs to assist with care of infants, and to assist with the well being of children after they are born.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:04 PM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:

You made a remark about the woman saying that he told me he wore a condom or something like that and you also said this "Next time wear a rubber jackass". My remark wasn't really directed at you but how odd that a woman wouldn't know if he was wearing one or not. She would also be the jackass for not making sure he was.

There are laws against murder and that's the way I view abortion. But with abortion the murderer escapes scot free not so with any other murderer they go to prison. I also disagree as since the male is the father so he should have a say about it regardless of the fact that it's the female who has to carry the child. If they are 50% owners (and they are) it should be a mutual decision what to do about it. Abortion however should not be an option, IMO. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 10-15-2020, 01:35 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:

There are laws against murder and that's the way I view abortion. But with abortion the murderer escapes scot free not so with any other murderer they go to prison. I also disagree as since the male is the father so he should have a say about it regardless of the fact that it's the female who has to carry the child. If they are 50% owners (and they are) it should be a mutual decision what to do about it. Abortion however should not be an option, IMO.
In other words, you quite passionately want abortion gone out of control from the result of the government banning it. That is, Oldglory, is quite a profoundly foolish thing to do as well as being dangerous to the public health. What a total disgrace to society that would be. Ireland tried doing the very same thing. The country eventually had to reform its wrongful ways by voting to allow abortion on demand up to the 12th week of pregnancy and after that only if the mother's life was in danger or if fetus wasn't viable. 66% of the voters in Ireland, mainly Catholic, voted to control or regulate abortion that way. If Roe vs Wade is overturned, states wanting to control rather than totally ban abortion could use Ireland as guide on how to do it.

Old 10-15-2020, 02:33 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalebx28 View Post
Too many women using abortion as birth control, now they can't give birth to children when they ready and married?
Comments.
Abortions have been declining for decades.

There is no point to this thread.

Old 10-15-2020, 06:02 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,351,634 times
Quote:
How is giving birth to a human being, punishment? How is allowing a baby to be born instead of killed, punishment? It's your thought process that is wrong, not mine. You're entitled to your opinion just as long as Roe vs Wade remains law but I disagree with you and that law as it's my right to do so.
Giving birth is not a punishment. Urging people to give birth to give the child up for adoption because the mother didn't want a child is a punishment because it causes intense pain for the mother and the child doesn't lose anything by not existing...but it might be born into less than ideal circumstances due to being given up for adoptions.

Again...you keep talking about being killed in this context as if it's a bad thing. It isn't. I've explained why.

One the one side...the side of getting an early abortion, we have zero disadvantages, more or less. On the other side, the side of giving the child up for adoption, we have pain for the mother, as well as the fact that there are always kids, somewhere, even if you need to look outside the country, in need of some kind of parent.

Now, if you were going to attempt to think rationally...you'd try to explain some kind of disadvantage to death of the fetus, in an early abortion that outweighs the disadvantages of giving birth, and the mother going through great pain and physical hardship, and some other kid possibly not being adopted as swiftly. I'm pretty sure you won't be able to. Even if abortion does cause pain...being born probably isn't pleasant for the baby either.

It's like you don't understand that you're supposed to have better reasons for aspects of your moral code than "just because." I think that's how your brain works actually. You seem to have not considered that there should probably be deeper reasons for or moral codes than "just because it seems/feels right."

Last edited by Clintone; 10-15-2020 at 06:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies