Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 09:01 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It was sarcasm. There is no punch card system. I was making fun of the fact that the OP believes people use abortion as if it was no different from buying a subway sandwich, which simple is not true.
For some it is true, it is a matter of convenience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2020, 09:06 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,369,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
If certain women and men for that matter, were more responsible we wouldn't need abortion clinics. There are way to many options available before pregnancy all of which work well. It is a damned shame that a child's life is taken for the sake of convenience.
Yes I think most would agree with you here. Nobody I know inherently believes that abortion is a positive thing and in a perfect world it wouldn’t exist. We don’t live in a perfect world though. We live in a place where young girls are forced into the sex trade, we live in a world where women are sexually abused and raped, we live in a world where girls and young women aren’t given access to proper sex education and birth control. We live in a world where mistakes are made. It is for these reasons that unwanted pregnancies occur and, in addition, the desire to end said unwanted pregnancies.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:06 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where in the world are you getting from any of the anti-abortion posts in here that it's about a man wanting to be in control? Unbelievable! Myself and others in here have stated over and over that the male should take responsibility by using birth control also. However, when a pregnancy does occur both the man and the woman are involved. Just because the female is the pregnant one doesn't change that fact.

You're just grasping at straws making the claim that those of us who are anti-abortion have been hurt by a woman before. I've been married for a very long time and that certainly isn't the case with me. Where do you get off stating that myself and others don't care about the physical well being of women? I have stated over and over that if the woman's life is in danger by giving birth then she should be allowed to abort. However, that is rarely the case!

The father of the unborn should indeed have a say and be held responsible just as much as the mother and pay child support also. Where's the woman's responsibility to just say no if birth control isn't used by her or her partner or if she's afraid it won't work? After all, she's the one who will get pregnant not him. You seem hell bent on just blaming the males while acting like women are the victims in all of this. Stop spewing crap as I really don't want to respond to your nonsense.
Too many women using abortion as birth control, now they can't give birth to children when they ready and married?
The man participated in the deed he should have some say. Don't want a baby keep your pants pulled up or get your tubes tied
The father of the unborn should indeed have a say
The father should have an equal say in whether his child lives or dies.

I dont have time to go back and pull all the post about how the man should have a say in the pregnancy, but thats a taste of where Im forming the opinion that many just want the man in control. One is your own.
Already ready argued the difference in pregnancy and a child and why the pregnancy is the womans alone. No need repeating.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:14 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Too many women using abortion as birth control, now they can't give birth to children when they ready and married?
The man participated in the deed he should have some say. Don't want a baby keep your pants pulled up or get your tubes tied
The father of the unborn should indeed have a say
The father should have an equal say in whether his child lives or dies.

I dont have time to go back and pull all the post about how the man should have a say in the pregnancy, but thats a taste of where Im forming the opinion that many just want the man in control. One is your own.
Already ready argued the difference in pregnancy and a child and why the pregnancy is the womans alone. No need repeating.
Having an equal say in what happens to a child one had a part in conceiving is not having control. Get over your warped perspective.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It was sarcasm. There is no punch card system. I was making fun of the fact that the OP believes people use abortion as if it was no different from buying a subway sandwich, which simple is not true.
Of course, it's true. Only about 50% of women seeking an abortion ever even bothered to use any form of birth control.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Oh so you’re pro-choice then?
I'm pro-fathers' rights. They should have an equal say in what happens to the child they had a part in conceiving.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:24 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
You cant be having sex without knowing there is a risk, which is half the reason your having sex to begin with.
By dehumanizing the baby much like dehumanizing an enemy you think it changes the situation.
Your fantasy does not change reality, murder is still murder no matter the reasoning.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Having an equal say in what happens to a child one had a part in conceiving is not having control. Get over your warped perspective.
Oh if only were were actually talking about a child and not a pregnancy and if only I hadnt explained that again and again and again.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:31 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
I'm pro-fathers' rights. They should have an equal say in what happens to the child they had a part in conceiving.
Equal is fine for men who are invested in the relationship. If “dad” truly wants a kid he steps up. A great deal of abortion happen because “dad” doesn’t step up at all. All the men who don’t want women to abort their child needs to mind his sperm first and foremost. You get a say in an unequal situation, your opinions are considered if and when you show you are invested in the long haul to equal the playing field. These types of unintended pregnancy rarely end in abortions.

Don’t like abortion? Mind your sperm and be more selective in choice of partners.

Old 10-20-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
So how does that work.
Do they have a right to force a woman to abort? My ex BIL and ex DIL baby daddy both said, demanded, abortion.

Do they have the right to force feed a woman, starve her, tell her what to eat, what activities to participate in, force her to have tests and procedures, choose the delivery method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies