Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 07:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The big difference, which most of you don't bother to check the facts on, is that Romney "banned" REAL FULL AUTOMATIC weapons.

The federal laws allow them but, have very strict laws regarding getting them and the additional annual costs and documentation.

Obama wants to go back to the Clinton so-called assault weapon ban with greater restrictions.

If you don't know the difference I suggest you do some research before making bigger fools of yourselves.
No, INCORRECT. Romney made Clinton ban permanent in his state. He banned semi-automatic weapons which he thinks are 'assult' weapons and "made for killing". His gun laws are by far the most strict state laws in the nation. A typical AR-15 is against the law according to Romney's laws.

Also,

- Any handgun not on the state’s Firearms Roster is also banned, as are magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds. Certain cities and counties, such as Boston, have additional gun bans.

- Under Massachusetts law, a private party (anyone other than licensed dealers) is prohibited from selling more than four guns in a year, unless the sales are made to a licensed dealer.

- Persons with a Class A license who are carrying a handgun in their car cannot leave their car unattended.

- Possession of a gun without the appropriate license is subject to mandatory sentencing of one year in jail or two and a half years in prison.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-02-2012 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 08:00 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You've lost this argument from your first post

I know it's hard for the right wingers, but sometimes it's good to learn facts, and not to keep pushing radical right wing propaganda from fox.

I will dumb this down as much as I can.

You link is a right wing opinion piece.

Obama never stated he wanted to bring back the assault weapons ban. The only thing he stated was that he wants to enforce those on the book.

Willard has passed an assault weapons ban as well and many more anti-gun rights legislation and says he supports tough gun laws.

Though I guess in the right wing world, someone that is anti-gun = pro gun rights and someone that is pro-gun rights = anti guns.
"Obama never stated he wanted to bring back the assault weapons ban. The only thing he stated was that he wants to enforce those on the book."

How does crow taste?

I noticed you conveniently didn't post the ENTIRE quote but, only the piece you thought would support your opinion.

Read it and weep.
“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. "

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News

Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
"Obama never stated he wanted to bring back the assault weapons ban. The only thing he stated was that he wants to enforce those on the book."

How does crow taste?

I noticed you conveniently didn't post the ENTIRE quote but, only the piece you thought would support your opinion.

Read it and weep.
“My belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we’ve already got, make sure that we’re keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We’ve done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we’ve got more to do when it comes to enforcement.
“But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don’t belong on our streets. And so what I’m trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. "

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban - ABC News
I'll post it again:

Willard has passed an assault weapons ban as well and many more anti-gun rights legislation and says he supports tough gun laws.

Obama has done nothing.

Though I guess in the right wing world, someone that is anti-gun = pro gun rights and someone that is pro-gun rights = anti guns.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, INCORRECT. Romney made Clinton ban permanent in his state. He banned semi-automatic weapons which he thinks are 'assult' weapons and "made for killing". His gun laws are by far the most strict state laws in the nation. A typical AR-15 is against the law according to Romney's laws.

Also,

- Any handgun not on the state’s Firearms Roster is also banned, as are magazines with capacities greater than 10 rounds. Certain cities and counties, such as Boston, have additional gun bans.

- Under Massachusetts law, a private party (anyone other than licensed dealers) is prohibited from selling more than four guns in a year, unless the sales are made to a licensed dealer.

- Persons with a Class A license who are carrying a handgun in their car cannot leave their car unattended.

- Possession of a gun without the appropriate license is subject to mandatory sentencing of one year in jail or two and a half years in prison.
This a better explanation the I could give.

The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/10/17/...an-that-wasnt/

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-02-2012 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-02-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I'll post it again:

Obama has done nothing.

I'm glad to see that you accept that Obama DID say he wanted to re-establish an assault gun ban which is what you said he DIDN'T do!

Can you EVER post without the childish insults?

A little reading for you. The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

http://www.pagunblog.com/2012/10/17/...an-that-wasnt/

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-02-2012 at 12:02 PM..

Old 11-02-2012, 11:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
This a better explanation the I could give.

The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA
A Romney campaign flyer You're deceiving yourself.

Quote:
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” - Mitt Romney
And then he signed the permanent ban into law.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
I'm glad to see that you accept that Obama DID say he wanted to re-establish an assault gun ban which is what you said he DIDN'T do!

A little reading for you. The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

The Romney Assault Weapons Ban That Wasn’t | Shall Not Be Questioned
LMAO!! I love that a pat on the head and a "Willard was very anti-2nd amendment as governor, but he won't be this time!" is all the right wing sheep need to believe anything they they are told, like how Willard is pro-2nd amendment and Obama isn't.

The right wingers are the most obedient and brainwashed sheep on the planet.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:04 PM

385 posts, read 615,268 times
Speaking as a licensed firearm manufacturer, both candidates stink.

Romney signed the AWB legislation in MA.

0bama/Holder implemented Fast & Furious to amp up the number of guns crossing our southern border.

0bama implemented multiple purchase reports for rifles in the border states without Congressional approval.

0bama's commerce department is holding up high-grade steel imports from Germany and Japan on the docks while cheaper grades from China fly right in. This grade of steel is required for precision rifle barrels, and we don't make it in the US any more (that's another rant).

Old 11-02-2012, 02:15 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Neither of the two elitist scumbags can be trusted to respect the second amendment.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A Romney campaign flyer You're deceiving yourself.

And then he signed the permanent ban into law.
I thought you wanted to have a serious discussion. My bad.

Hint, it is NOT a Romney campaign flyer. IF you had bothered to open it you would have found it is from
GOAL.ORG

Prepared by: Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) - February 2007

GOAL is the Official State Association of the National Rifle Association

There is no sense wasting any more time with someone who makes claims and then doesn't READ other information about the issue from credible sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies