Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 01:15 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Where's FEMA?????

Now that is just classic. A RWNJ asking where's FEMA...

but fear not, don't worry your pretty little head. FEMA and President Obama have already set things in motion. But we'll see what Rep. "Brownie's" can do with the help.

FROM 3 DAYS PRIOR TO SANDY HITTING:

President Obama Signs New Jersey Emergency Declaration | FEMA.gov

And here:

FEMA sending 500,000 gallons of gas, 100 generators to N.J. amid Sandy recovery | NJ.com

And here:

FEMA to open N.J. disaster centers to help Hurricane Sandy victims | NJ.com

And what they've planned to do and their resources:

FEMA Hurricane Sandy Presence: Information For Civilians Affected By The Storm

That's where FEMA is.

Where's Mittens? Where O'where could my Mittens be? Holding a political fundraiser and campaign stumping?!

Figures when there's actual work to be done the wingers find a way to get out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,017,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
People don't think it will happen to them..... And then they don't understand why they're up sh*t creek when the wheels come off.

I don't necessarily agree with her, but my fundamentalist mother stated that this type of issue has been a problem since the time when people laughed at Noah while he labored building his ark.
Your post made me really smile As an atheist, I can just imagine Noah, a hard working man
who knew a storm was coming, and others simply felt, why bother....

In all seriousness, we shouldn't be building on barrier islands anymore, and what happens in
NYC with that many people - it's expected.

Bad weather happens everywhere. Being from the gulf coast, it's a crying experience -
but let's learn from it....

Oh, and it's good to finally see our national guard troops at home - where they belong
doing the "job" they were meant to do...

Last edited by pollyrobin; 11-01-2012 at 02:24 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What? They have been told all this time that big bro gubmnt will take care of em and now you expect them to fend for themselves? Why that can't be so. Where's FEMA???

I remember another hurricane where that is all I heard from a certain group. Where's FEMA........Where's FEMA. Well now I hear crickets. Why is that? Get these useful idiots some help so they can get out and vote at least. lol
And Sandy wasn't even a hurricane when it hit the east coast, it was just a strong storm. Imagine if it had been a hurricane.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And Sandy wasn't even a hurricane when it hit the east coast, it was just a strong storm. Imagine if it had been a hurricane.
There's serious damage in NJ - don't downplay that:

Hurricane Sandy Slams New Jersey's Historic Seaside Heights, Boardwalk | Fox News Latino

Now should we pay B's to rebuild it - well, that's my e.g. barrier island scenario....

Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

Hurricane Sandy Slams New Jersey's Historic Seaside Heights, Boardwalk | Fox News Latino

Now should we pay B's to rebuild it - well, that's my e.g. barrier island scenario....
Not saying there wasn't -- there was serious damage in Joplin MO with a very bad tornado, there was serious damage in Colorado and other states with bad forest fires.

But Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit the east coast -- imagine if it had been?

Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Not saying there wasn't -- there was serious damage in Joplin MO with a very bad tornado, there was serious damage in Colorado and other states with bad forest fires.

But Sandy was not a hurricane when it hit the east coast -- imagine if it had been?
And because it wasn't declared a hurricane by insurance co.'s, homeowners won't pay the percent of ....
So, not only do they get to rebuild at higher prices up north, the homeowner is the less off the hook.
Unlike in the south, where we pay dearly because of hurricanes....again, and again.

Am I complaining....I plan on retiring in the mountains

Old 11-01-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

However they decide to rebuild - they need to do something better because if there was this much devastation over a strong storm, they need to plan ahead for something much worse, now they realize there are possibilities for strong storms and someday they could get hit with an actual hurricane.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:17 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Tempers flare in NJ city where thousands stranded - Yahoo! News

After many days of warnings to evacuate and have basic survival supplies on hand to get by for several days...it sounds like there are still people that ignored the warnings. Sounds more like Katrina all the time in terms of people's reactions.

Typical Northeast liberals. Whined and complained that nobody was bringing them anything, but when advised that volunteers and emergency personnel were stretch and working 24//7..did one of these whiners offer to raise a finger to help? iTS ALL ABOUT ME wahh, what can you do for me wwaahhhh

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
However they decide to rebuild - they need to do something better because if there was this much devastation over a strong storm, they need to plan ahead for something much worse, now they realize there are possibilities for strong storms and someday they could get hit with an actual hurricane.
Why do you keep on with this? This is your 3rd or 4th post with this "it wasn't even a hurricane" tack.

The reason, AGAIN, that it wasn't called a hurricane any longer was because it lost it's tropical storm status, and it became a cold storm, not because it was downgraded.

The technical name for it became Post Tropical Cyclone Sandy, not Just A Strong Storm Sandy.

It had the winds of an actual Cat 1 and the storm surge of an actual 2 or 3.

Just like Katrina, it's the huge record breaking storm surge that did the damage, not the winds. And in that regard, it was worse than any storm they've ever had.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:34 AM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Typical Northeast liberals. Whined and complained that nobody was bringing them anything, but when advised that volunteers and emergency personnel were stretch and working 24//7..did one of these whiners offer to raise a finger to help? iTS ALL ABOUT ME wahh, what can you do for me wwaahhhh
I've seen footage of people clearing out the debris in their streets, in sewage and chemical filled water. Not waiting for others. So you're wrong. Don't be so rude, jeeze, don't you people have any manners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies